6" Body lift stacking blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit my tongue as long as I could, and this is indicative of the divisiveness not only on this board but in the 4x4 community in general which has run me, and others, off a couple of times already. OP didn't ask for your opinion on his build, didn't ask for your opinion on saftey issues, didn't ask for your opinion at all. He came on friendly, asking a question.

"hey fellas. i got a question. where can i find 20 body lift blocks without having to buy 2 complete kits?"

All the 4x4 "know it alls" jump right in with the bashing even after he states that it is a "show truck" for looks only. Then the safety "know it alls" jump in with their un-asked for opinion. I've seen this countless times on this and other boards. Guy comes on looking for an answer- gets a bashing. Leaves with a bad opinion of NC4x4 in particular and wheelers in general. Not only is it one more "enemy" for our sport but I wonder how many Green Lurkers are out there laughing at our self destruction? No wonder we get 8 people for a URE workday, no wonder "bash threads" get 14k views in three days while important land use threads get 300 views, no wonder Tellico trails get closed in part because people won't stay on the trail, no wonder we can "raise" @ $50k for a private off road park from among 5500 users (less than $10 each). We can't even help out each other without negativism, criticism and ire.

I have applauded jrraw23 in the past for his mature deflection of unwarranted criticism and I think colosusabbott has done a fine job so far in doing the same whether he is a troll or not.

Bit my tongue as long as I could, and this is indicative of the divisiveness not only on this board but in the 4x4 community in general which has run me, and others, off a couple of times already. OP didn't ask for your opinion on his build, didn't ask for your opinion on saftey issues, didn't ask for your opinion at all. He came on friendly, asking a question.
"hey fellas. i got a question. where can i find 20 body lift blocks without having to buy 2 complete kits?"
All the 4x4 "know it alls" jump right in with the bashing even after he states that it is a "show truck" for looks only. Then the safety "know it alls" jump in with their un-asked for opinion. I've seen this countless times on this and other boards. Guy comes on looking for an answer- gets a bashing. Leaves with a bad opinion of NC4x4 in particular and wheelers in general. Not only is it one more "enemy" for our sport but I wonder how many Green Lurkers are out there laughing at our self destruction? No wonder we get 8 people for a URE workday, no wonder "bash threads" get 14k views in three days while important land use threads get 300 views, no wonder Tellico trails get closed in part because people won't stay on the trail, no wonder we can "raise" @ $50k for a private off road park from among 5500 users (less than $10 each). We can't even help out each other without negativism, criticism and ire.
I have applauded jrraw23 in the past for his mature deflection of unwarranted criticism and I think colosusabbott has done a fine job so far in doing the same whether he is a troll or not.

I disagree completely with your take on this guy. He has admitted that this is a show truck that will be street driven. This is illegal & unsafe for street use, and can put others in danger. I don't care if he injures/kills his dumbass self in this thing. I do care if he hurts somebody else with it.

If the offroad community is seen by outsiders welcoming & helping with illegal, unsafe activity, then it looks just as bad on all of us as the people who won't stay on the tail at Tellico!

If this was a vehicle that would never see street use, just trailered from show to show, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

the original question wasnt if it was safe, i know how good i am at building things. the actual question, if you can read, was where can i find 20 body lift blocks.

I am literate. The answer to that question is, they don't advise it. If you are persistent...look elsewhere and pull from another resource. Maybe even ask another group of people. See what kind of feedback you come up with as well.

I under stand what you are saying, and to a point agree with it.

We as a whole also have a responsibility to foster SAFE vehicles and building techniqes. For what ever the use. I'd have more of a problem with this thread if folks were saying you are an idiot don''t do it and not giving reasons why.

If it is going to be driven onthe street, that means it could possibly be driven near any one of our homes, or vehicles, or our families on the sidewalks of the world.

IF you offered this individual the info he seeks and his creation destroys your family as a result of this info, could you live with that ?

I have been approched with this very same issue in the past, the person even had 5" STEEL body lift blocks made and asked me to install it. NO WAY, and I explained to him why, much in the same fashion it is happening here.

Yep, it happens here and on other forums, and those to whom it has happened to are learning THE HARD WAY in most cases.

the OP has taken it upon himself to argue his point, for what ever reason he thinks he is right. SO be it. Does that mean everyoneelse is wrong ?

Sitting back awaiting for the topic to be locked? Has this question been addressed on pirate yet? If so we need a link?

If more advise is wanted I would say post this very question on ColoradoK5 as well.

I do not think most people are trying to rude or disrespectful I think they are trying to help him out. Other options have been offered but he is consistant about the body lift.

A simple fender trim with wide fender flares would give the extra room needed and keep rocks and dirt off of the "show" truck. He could safely go with a 3 inch body lift. Just my opinion take it or leave it.

John,
I thoroughly respect you and your opinion, but I have to disagree 100% with you on this.

What is more destructive to our hobby, a driver off trail in an OHV park that 20 people may see, or half an abomination of a vehcile stuck through the windshield of a minivan with a dead 6 year old on the 10 oclock news?

Perhaps you dont remember the unfortunate evens that lead to a 19 year old killing an eelder couple when he drunkenly drove his Jeep down the wrong side of I485 in Charlotte 2 years ago.

The local media did 1 story on teens and drinking and 3 on unsafe vehicles, 1 prominently featuring 4WP on South in the background. They talked about how lifting a vehicle raises its center of gravity increases its stopping distance etc. and they had several shop owners on talking about all the unsafe illegal vehicle mods that run through our hobby.

Charlotte is a city of 1mil..Run 3 times in a day, that story easily reached 150,000.

Now what is more decisive to our hobby?

I will not speak for anyone else, but as for me there is a reason behind every reaction and every response I have, and my statements are calculated to deliver a point. If you disgaree with it, I am ok with that, and I am even ok and willing to take criticism from you for my beliefs, and if you can deliver a compelling enough argument I may even change my mind. But on this one, it is more important to ensure my children are endangered by one less person, than to smile and stupidly hold hands singing koom bay ya and saying all is wwell.

I think the best statement we can make to the "green lurkers" is that we encourage and in fact demand responsibility among our own.

Yeah, but Ricky Ive said this publicly and in PMs but I have a TON of respect for how you have taken the criticism, not listened to it and stood up and took it on the chin when it bit you in the azz.

None taken, like I said I think its funny when people refer to me as whatnot to do :lol:

BTW I was thinking more of tow vehicle sketchy :flipoff2:

AND increasing your fulcrum length... Just think about that 6' of cheater pipe...

Kinda like what a 10" drop hitch does to your frame when it gets too much pressure on it :shaking::lol:

do whhatever it takes so that thig can drive. Then get some pics of it off somewhee wiere's theres mud or dirt.take it off the pavenet

if you were local to me and i saw that truck driving down the street i'd call DOT on you with the quickness :)

if you want to build a show truck, then do it. but if you want to drive it on the street then you had better make sure it's safe b/c their are plenty of money hungry folks who would sue the shit out of you and your beloved family if you ever hurt them as a result of your own neglect for the law and others safety... myself included :)

-Erik <---- thinks that if you can't afford to build it right then you should build it at all

DO NOT half ass your work. Be smart about this.

your as stupid as he is... so if someone wanted to blow their braines out you would give them the gun? same thing here IMO. if we support this kind of stupidity we are essentially giving him a gun to go kill himself and possibly others.... I guess I can see why you would get flamed off other boards. next time you get run off....dont come back

your as stupid as he is... so if someone wanted to blow their braines out you would give them the gun? same thing here IMO. if we support this kind of stupidity we are essentially giving him a gun to go kill himself and possibly others.... I guess I can see why you would get flamed off other boards. next time you get run off....dont come back

I think thats a bit over blown as well about John, I think he just ants harmony.

im kinda surprised, Ive never seen you this hatefilled here or the other board(s)

stupidity brings it out in me..If anyone condones this type of behavior they are as foolosh as the op. I am sick of seeing discussions. part of each of our resbonsibilities should be to ensure nothing tarnishes our reputation as wheelers. If you see someone out of bounds on the trail it should be your resp. to tell them so as we keep what few trails left open. If you see something unsafe than it should be your resp to say something. IMHO if he was looking for lift blocks and not a bashing he would have posted in the wanted section. He came on this board and others for opinions or it would not be in this sec. and he chose other tech forums to post it in as well. I might have been over exagerating with the above post but I feel anyone who stands up to support this crap...well they are as bad as him. I'v built many a show vehicle and noone out on the show circuit wants to see abominations eather. I couldnt believe that people would support this behavior. to me the analogy I made is correct. this thing will hurt someone sometime.. He should feel free to post up in the wanted section if he wants something. I think he knew he was gonna get to play the flame game

BTW that apache you detailed on carolinak5 was badazz, and done right ::beer::

so how many of you have experienced body lift blocks breaking resulting in a wreck? just curious.

so how many of you have experienced body lift blocks breaking resulting in a wreck? just curious.

I've never seen a body lift brake, however, on the trail, I've seen them rip the mounts from the frame, and also cave in the cab...and that was with a 3" body lift. By going to 6", you're increasing all of the stresses considerably!!!

BTW, even if the body lift wasn't responsible for the wreck, any attorney is going to nail him to the wall for having an illegal & potentailly dangerous setup.

So how many have killed people driving drunk?
Must be ok, right?

So how many have killed a child shaking it?
Must be ok, right?

How many got their girl pregnant screwing w/o a condom?
Must never happen, right?

Do I need to continue analogies, or do you see how poor yours was?

So how many have killed people driving drunk?
Must be ok, right?
So how many have killed a child shaking it?
Must be ok, right?
How many got their girl pregnant screwing w/o a condom?
Must never happen, right?
Do I need to continue analogies, or do you see how poor yours was?

i honestly think he was just asking...

and i dont believe anything you tell this guy is going to sink into his brain..if he wants to do it..he is going to..:shaking:

hayhayhay, you may be 100% right, and if so I truly apologize to xjsaaretheway (thats the first time Ive ever referred to you by your right name) but given his history I havee a suspicion he was being contrary...

ai154.photobucket.com_albums_s260_rockmafia1_deadhorse.jpg

Yup, pretty much

THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back