4 Wheel Parts Tow Strap - Split off of 4WP Swap meet thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it will make the world a better place, I will gladly cut my free strap into as many pcs. as it takes to distribute to all the
ill, left out people. Are 4 ft sections enough to make a
neuse(sp?)out of?:handed:.....................:flipoff2:

To Tim Dog and others..Iam only kidding, and I feel you have been flamed enough...and dare I say it , but I sorta agree with Ricky., BUT...BUT...That doesnt mean that everyone feels that way and they will probably flame on.

Once again, Greg and his staff did a great job.
The way Greg handled the bullhorn makes me wonder if he has ever worked for the carnival! Are you a carny, Greg?:flipoff2:

The way Greg handled the bullhorn makes me wonder if he has ever worked for the carnival! Are you a carny, Greg
You know you're right! Greg does look like a carny......roflmao

Hey! I worked a carny for 7 years:rolleyes: never saw a carny that short :lol: but most do have small hands & smell like cabage:flipoff2:

That definitely counts :lol:

Ding, Ding, Ding

you are correct

TimDog: If you want a strap, i will give you the one i got to settle this thread once and for all. Thats the only fair thing i can think of...

you just have to promise to use it right. First hook one end to my jeep, then tie the other end around your neck... i wanna know how strong these things are.

btw, even if you got a strap, posts like these ensure no one will wheel with you, and if no one is wheeling with you, theres no rig to hook that strap to when you get stuck. But don't worry, next 4WP event, Greg said he was giving out free winches to the first 100 people who show up.

I think 4WP did a great job for this event. I had my reservations because the 4WP store in Columbus, Ohio (now closed) was terribly ran, which I don't want to go into now. But I'm new to the area and wanted to give this one a chance and was very happy. Did I get a strap? No, I got there at 2:00 and didn't expect one. The RTI ramp was fun though as where the rest of the activities I was there for. I personally would like to thank Greg, his staff and everyone else there for a good time.

Coming from someone who has endured a ton of S**t talking personally here (ok so I deserved most of it) maybe we aught to cut him a little slack, yea i think he's an idiot too for talking bad about it, and don't agree with most of what he said, but he is being curtious (he hasn't resorted to the name calling everyone else immediately jumped into) and trying to add compliments as well as constructive criticism . . . . .

Regardless of the fact that we all seriously disagree with his veiw I think Simply the way he has refrained from jumping into the "your an idiot" fight and tryed to remain strait forward in the face of the entire board makes him aight in my book . . . . at least for now . . .

Who are you and what did you do with the Ricky I know?

:flipoff2:

Thank you

Its okay I can handle BS. I did dish out the dirt and was prepared to eat it. It seems most the people have created a bitch fest themselves. Perhaps some of my vocabulary wasn't of the proper selection. I did give input & think it was helpful. In all fairness they did not advertise Truck Show. They did give out a lot of free stuff, and had a great attendance. I was really looking to see if they did give out any straps. On another forum that I am a member on there was a post about the grand opening & free tow strap. One guy said they'll only have 10 that nobody will even see. I just wanted to make sure people actually did get straps since I didn't see anyone with one when I got there, and was wondering if the person in the other forum was right.

Coming from someone who has endured a ton of S**t talking personally here (ok so I deserved most of it) maybe we aught to cut him a little slack, yea i think he's an idiot too for talking bad about it, and don't agree with most of what he said, but he is being curtious (he hasn't resorted to the name calling everyone else immediately jumped into) and trying to add compliments as well as constructive criticism . . . . .

Regardless of the fact that we all seriously disagree with his veiw I think Simply the way he has refrained from jumping into the "your an idiot" fight and tryed to remain strait forward in the face of the entire board makes him aight in my book . . . . at least for now . . .

Don't sweat it Tim. No hard feelings. Please be aware we are a pretty tight nit community here and after a couple yrs you will probably have had the opportunity to meet most active users at events or hopefully on the trails.

Care to mention which forum thought it was only 10 straps? I refuse to play shell games with my customers.

XJ Forum

Here is where I got the info. http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=931291

Don't sweat it Tim. No hard feelings. Please be aware we are a pretty tight nit community here and after a couple yrs you will probably have had the opportunity to meet most active users at events or hopefully on the trails.
Care to mention which forum thought it was only 10 straps? I refuse to play shell games with my customers.

looks like the guy on the naxja forum didnt have the foresight to think that 4wp would be smart enough to order ALOT of straps. You cant let his lack of foresight bring you down man.
I do hope all is well, and if Greg is cool then maybe everyone else should let it die. Anyways, I hear there is a better flaming going on in the ''MEN OF THEIR WORD'' thread. So good luck to ya TimDog! Im going to read about shady car salesmen.
Dylan

looks like the guy on the naxja forum didnt have the foresight to think that 4wp would be smart enough to order ALOT of straps. You cant let his lack of foresight bring you down man.
I do hope all is well, and if Greg is cool then maybe everyone else should let it die. Anyways, I hear there is a better flaming going on in the ''MEN OF THEIR WORD'' thread. So good luck to ya TimDog! Im going to read about shady car salesmen.
Dylan

Hey I'm glad to see the flaming. I think I know everyone now. LOL. Its cool that is such a tight group.

im happy to see that the flaming of timdog is still open but the flaming of pitbull12888 is closed. timdog i will give it to you. you havent come back on anyone here:beer: and thanks to pitbull12888 for making all of us under age look bad:flipoff2:

^ I don't think that all of the under age user crowd will be judged off of the escapades of one dingle-berry

So please kids enjoy the fun

Thanks

im happy to see that the flaming of timdog is still open but the flaming of pitbull12888 is closed. timdog i will give it to you. you havent come back on anyone here:beer: and thanks to pitbull12888 for making all of us under age look bad:flipoff2:

There's no reason to come back on anyone. I voiced my opinion and people didn't agree or got offended. Greg handled the situation professionally and that all that matter. I have no problems with 4WP, and spun off from a thread from another forum to see if 4WP was legit. Everyone has proven they were. If they played the shell game I would be throwin down some words. Greg & NC4x4 gave me the opportunity to voice my opinion, and were able to support the the honestly and professionalism of 4WP.

You still never explained all the "sub-par" work you saw...

If he liked the bolt on Ford parked out there he probably thought my "home brew" pos was sub par.... but what do I care, it works.

Well..... there was this USA painted yota that could only spin either the front tires or the back tires. I dont even think it had a windsheild, doors or a back half! Maybe thats the one he was talking about.................................:flipoff2:
Come to think of it , it looked like your avatar Rich.
Wait ...it is ......
um, I was just playin man...I ...I ..thought it was someone else.
Now thats the way to back pedal!:shaking:

sub-par

You still never explained all the "sub-par" work you saw...

I don't think it is something I care to explain. I don't need to speak negative of an individual person or their ride. I should have worded it differently, but unfortunately didn't. I was a little thrown how there was so many great rides in the Comp USA parking lot that should have been able to enter the show. Not that it was advertised show but there was a little sign that said truck show. There was so much unused space in the rear of the building I think could have been used for people to display there rides.

Now!!! I do understand it was not a so called show, and it was a grand opening so of course you want the event to the front of the building instead of the rear. If there was vehicles parked in the back they would get stuck there all day. You also have the issue of liability. I just thought it would have been nice to select a few passers bye that were in attendance to be able to display their rigs. It would have opened more parking for the attendees and gave people the opportunity to compliment their ride. We all take pride in our trucks, and not everyone gets to display theirs in groups or out on the trail. We could keep this thread going for the next year if you like. I tried to limit my post to see if people did get the strap, added some constructive criticisms, touched on a few of the rides that I was impressed by, and said I met a bunch of cool people. If you prefer I write a novel that people just would pass over because it takes up an entire page I will consider. I tried keeping it short.

Bolt Ons. I don't think there is anything wrong with bolt on parts. It all depends on the application. 4WP is a bolt on parts (or manufactured) parts store. That is why I figured more trucks of that nature would have been in the UNANNOUNCED truck show to display the products they can offer.
Fabricated parts are great too. There is a great deal of people in our community that are capable of putting out some great work. There are also fabricators out there that don't belong fabricating nor should they be soliciting people to build their rides. I have a Daily Driver. I would be concerned allowing to fabricate my suspension. I do have a unibody XJ. We all know heating a unibody with a welder could be risky. Now they are guys out there that are very capable of doing it. I worked for a high volume body shop that assembled some real nice cars after some heavy hits. I come from a racing & street car background. I've seen the devastation of poor fabrication. I'de really hate to see a person that isn't too car savvy become a victim bad work. I drive over 40 miles to work each day and 40 miles back. For myself I feel bolt on is a safer more cost effective route. Companies Like Rubicon, Super Lift, Pro-Comp, and more make great products for my XJ. All these products are available at 4WP.

Are there certain Items I would like to have fabricated? Yes. Is it necessary for my application? No.
Are there smaller fabricators I would consider? Yes
Are there parts 4WP doesn't offer that I want for my XJ. Yes
Would I shop 4WP? Yes
Would I attend another one of there events? yes.
Will I throw a person under the bus about there ride? No
Do I care if I got the strap? No
Do I care if other people got the strap? Yes! If nobody did I'd bring my business elsewhere. There's no time for false strategic marketing in my book. I don't care how much money was spent on a event or who attended. I could care less about free food, or radio station attendance. Kinda like that old saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
Someone on another forum put the idea out there and I called them on it. People got the strap and I'm happy. I stood up for myself and the community. 4WP was able to back themselves up. Thats all I ask for. I tried keeping it short but it just wasn't good enough for some of you and I understand it. To keeping flaming me is childish if you gotta keep coming back for more. I've spent more than enough time on this thread and think it time to move on to bigger & better things. If you don't like me put me on your ignore list. But I'm not smashing someone on their ride that I didn't like. I don't care how bad anyone stuff is I ain't doing it. I still got my first car sitting in the garage because it holds that much value to me. I've even broke up some great relationships because some girls wanted to talk smack about my car. I've seen some bad fights at a few street racing for guys talking crap. One day I'll come up with the funds to make it mint, but for now she's getting some well deserved rest.

Now lets put this thread to bed. If you ain't smart enough to figure out I wasn't being completely negative or don't understand the word constructive criticism you might ask you mom to read the entire thread to you all over. Or maybe you just have to much time and wanna see this thread go on even longer. But I got much more going on in my life other being flamed. If you want a rig to make fun of, mine isn't even lifted. Go for it! Infact the springs are sagging so........ low it looks like its 2WD with a drop kit.

Thanks,

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back