4 Wheel Parts Tow Strap - Split off of 4WP Swap meet thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Dog

Did anyone get a tow strap at the grand opening? I was there pretty early and didn't get one. I didn't even see a person with one at 10 am. Spoke to a few that were there near the beginning and didn't get a strap. Is 4 wheel parts a sham? The so called show was a joke. a few nice rigs but not so called show stuff. There was a few nice jeeps and buggys and the super duty out front was bad ass, but I couldn't see the so called "SHOW". The Black Jeep buggy w/ red frame was serious built by Jim's Garage, and the other Jeep near the Super Lift Guys w/ the Hanson Front Bumper was built real nice. I really was just expecting so much more. Perhaps some 10's and real nice dd's. There was a lot of home made rigs that I could appreciate, but expected to see 4 wheel part displaying commercialized manufactured rides. Some of the work I saw was sub par but a alot a decent stuff. Like I said a lot of f/t trail rigs. They're cool but would have like to seen more manufactured products. I had a few of the show guys solicit me to build my rig, but didn't even like theirs. Custom work usually isn't cheap. But some of their worked really looked it. I found some real nice rigs in the Comp USA parking lot that should have been in the show.

I went there a while days before the grand opening to check the place out and the sales guy I spoke to was kinda dumb. Maybe just not to familiar with the computer, but the question I asked didn't require the computer. Was surprised to the store was so small being the company is so strong. The shop is okay but really expected more. I thought nice shiny clean epoxy coated floors with a wall of big tire in inventory in the shop. It is hard to beat there pricing but think they wont really hurt the small Mom & Pop shops. It might actually make them stronger. They expected to be installing everything I wanted and were quick to charge me shipping for the products that weren't in stock. I could really get the stuff cheaper online if I want to do the work myself, which I do.

You post was split off the swap meet thread. Feel free to voice your opinions here, but please keep the other thread for its intended purpose. -Mike (MOD)

My personal reply... Did you ask anyone where the straps were ? I saw many people with them at 9:30ish but I too didn't see exactly where the were being handed out. I asked and was immediately informed where to go. At that time there was 1/2 a pallet still.. (yes a pallet)

Did you walk around ? I saw many box built rigs? The pro-comp rig was nice and as about as box build as you could be.. Many hand built rigs, and many full on customs.. Perhaps you should have asked about showing off your rig.

I can tell you that you won't make many friends bashing 4 wheel parts..

Wow, Mr. negativity /\ /\ /\ /\ FYI your post is in the wrong thread, but since you asked i will be happy to respond to your statements.

We gave out over $7500 worth of straps and the line started to form by 8 A.M. Sorry if you got there later and were left out.

I am sorry you felt the rigs there were not up to par but with Sema the same week our vendor participation was slim. Also some of the rigs you saw out front belong to employees and are dedicated trail only rigs. The trux on display were whatever people wanted to bring and many belonged to and were built by people here on this board. This was not a full blown truck show, i did not bill it as one. We simply invited everyone down to celebrate our huge grand opening event and bring out their trucks to display. Some did and I was impressed at the turnout and positive feedback.

I would be curious to know which rigs you thought were "sub-par" and "cheap" as we did not have any 4WP built rigs on display.

We did not have our vast tire and wheel inventory out for display, it was tucked away in our inventory rooms which were not available for tours during the grand opening. The shop is state of the art and I am not really sure what you expected to see there. Its well organized and clean.

As far as pricing goes: We ARE the low price leader. if you find any item I sell cheaper bring me the ad or website addy and I will beat it immediately. Please be patient with the salesman as they learn all the intricacies of the computer systems, they may take a few extra minutes to help you get your build going but thats because they are dedicated to getting everything right the first time.

If at any time you feel you were treated unfairly or misled I urge you to come see me personally and I will make it right

It wasn't a show, it was a grand opening celebration. Free Pizza, Free Donuts, Free Wings from Hooters. lot's of free prizes, gift certificates, oh and um I happen to be one that got a free strap. I arrived sometime around 9:30 or so. The only paid people there were the employee's. How can you complain about rigs that were brought by the owners at their expense? How can you complain at all? You are the first that I know of that didn't enjoy themselves! I myself am 2 weeks out of open heart surgery, drove/rode over 3 hours one way, to come out and support a man, and a company that keeps giving to our sport.
From my prospective it was a success, and thank you Greg for the invite. Timdog, you have issues,

4 Wheel Part Grandopening

I hate to say that I was bashing 4 Wheel Parts. And by no means am I. I just expected a lot more from one the biggest names in the 4x4 industry. I would have never expected to be solicited from the few vehicle owners that were in the show to build my rig either. That was a no no for a major corp. not to have a contract or waiver for its attendees. For your info I did go to the white tent for the strap. I wish I could have got there sooner but was working, and didn't see anyone with straps when I got there. That I why I created the reply / post asking if others got them.
As far as the show goes they had plenty of room behind the building to display show worthy vehicles. Instead it seemed they took to 4x4 clubs to display there rides. I am a supporter of the clubs and their rigs, but would have loved to see some individual rides, which were plenty parked next door.

I think the swap meet is a great idea. I also hope 4 Wheel Parts does have more events for people "like us". We are the customers & supporter of the industry. Not just the clubs that are dedicated the trails. 4 Wheel Part influence starts on the street and then into the trail. My thought is that the show wasn't to well orchestrated and am putting in my input to see the future events including the swap meet are made to a higher standard. This is not bashing but constructive criticism. I now 4 Wheel Parts has the means to create great events and hope to see more of them in the future. There are very few corporation supporting our cause, and am greatful for 4 Wheel Parts coming once again to NC.

I too am greatful for forum like NC4X4.com for allowing us to speak our minds and express our thoughts to the community. Without our voices and interest we'd be on the verge to extinction. Loosing Tellico is a unfortunate threat. Together we can move mountain. If we're divided we can loose them.

You post was split off the swap meet thread. Feel free to voice your opinions here, but please keep the other thread for its intended purpose. -Mike (MOD)

My personal reply... Did you ask anyone where the straps were ? I saw many people with them at 9:30ish but I too didn't see exactly where the were being handed out. I asked and was immediately informed where to go. At that time there was 1/2 a pallet still.. (yes a pallet)

Did you walk around ? I saw many box built rigs? The pro-comp rig was nice and as about as box build as you could be.. Many hand built rigs, and many full on customs.. Perhaps you should have asked about showing off your rig.

I can tell you that you won't make many friends bashing 4 wheel parts..

Did anyone get a tow strap at the grand opening? I was there pretty early and didn't get one. I didn't even see a person with one at 10 am. Spoke to a few that were there near the beginning and didn't get a strap. Is 4 wheel parts a sham? The so called show was a joke. a few nice rigs but not so called show stuff. There was a few nice jeeps and buggys and the super duty out front was bad ass, but I couldn't see the so called "SHOW". The Black Jeep buggy w/ red frame was serious built by Jim's Garage, and the other Jeep near the Super Lift Guys w/ the Hanson Front Bumper was built real nice. I really was just expecting so much more. Perhaps some 10's and real nice dd's. There was a lot of home made rigs that I could appreciate, but expected to see 4 wheel part displaying commercialized manufactured rides. Some of the work I saw was sub par but a alot a decent stuff. Like I said a lot of f/t trail rigs. They're cool but would have like to seen more manufactured products. I had a few of the show guys solicit me to build my rig, but didn't even like theirs. Custom work usually isn't cheap. But some of their worked really looked it. I found some real nice rigs in the Comp USA parking lot that should have been in the show.
I went there a while days before the grand opening to check the place out and the sales guy I spoke to was kinda dumb. Maybe just not to familiar with the computer, but the question I asked didn't require the computer. Was surprised to the store was so small being the company is so strong. The shop is okay but really expected more. I thought nice shiny clean epoxy coated floors with a wall of big tire in inventory in the shop. It is hard to beat there pricing but think they wont really hurt the small Mom & Pop shops. It might actually make them stronger. They expected to be installing everything I wanted and were quick to charge me shipping for the products that weren't in stock. I could really get the stuff cheaper online if I want to do the work myself, which I do.
What an A$$:shaking:
Allot of people had a good time there but there is always one :poop:head in the crowd

Man I am having computer issues, i had to type that out about 6 times before it quit deleting half the post. (probably better that way anyhow).

Thanks fellas for telling it like it is.

We will be having full blown truck shows in the future but I will not be responsible for the level of rig that shows up. We are open to all types of trux, from wildly built trail trux (my fav) to lowriders to street queens.

It will be for the people that are proud of they have and want to display it. there will be many event held here in the future with at least one a month all year long. The company sets the dates for all events. All will include free food and a good time. This was my first time throwing anything this huge, the next ones probably wont be as grand but equally cool. I think the burnoutcontest and ramp challenge will remain a main staple at our events as well as the rock course challenge if i get my way.

Get the rocks & I'll bring the willy's up

I'm sure if any customers asked an employee if they could put there truck in the parking lot on display we gladly would of. I my self had a customer pull up in a beautiful scrambler and asked if he could park in the back and I said sure,
I moved the cone and he went back.

I would have never expected to be solicited from the few vehicle owners that were in the show to build my rig either. That was a no no for a major corp. not to have a contract or waiver for its attendees. For your info I did go to the white tent for the strap.

Yeah, those people did not work for or have any affiliation with 4WP! The straps were being given away at the event trailer, that may be why you did not get one.

As far as the show goes they had plenty of room behind the building to display show worthy vehicles. would have loved to see some individual rides, which were plenty parked next door.

I agree, thats the way it was supposed to work.

I think the swap meet is a great idea. I also hope 4 Wheel Parts does have more events for people "like us". We are the customers & supporter of the industry. Not just the clubs that are dedicated the trails. 4 Wheel Part influence starts on the street and then into the trail. My thought is that the show wasn't to well orchestrated and am putting in my input to see the future events including the swap meet are made to a higher standard. This is not bashing but constructive criticism. I now 4 Wheel Parts has the means to create great events and hope to see more of them in the future.

A higher standard???? This was the largest thing we are going to do here in the store. we will save our money to suppport other events like Dixie run and Fun Caravan and hopefully rock races. IF you are looking for more flash and bigger than you will probably be dissapointed in my offering in the future.

Loosing Tellico is a unfortunate threat. Together we can move mountain. If we're divided we can loose them.

well said Timdog

4WP

To all,

I don't want you to see my post as a negative and am sorry if you read it that way. As I said 4WP is a leader in the Industry and I am glad to have them representing 4WP once again. I did have a good time and should have mentioned that in the first post. Yes! I did expect more and am sure and hoping to see something more substantial in the future.
The attendees hats off to you. Such a good crowd and I met a few great people. It was nice to put a face to our moderators here on NC 4x4. Like I said I saw a lot of nice trucks for those who weren't part of the show, along with some nice rides in the show. Just wish I saw a few more bolt on DD's in the event. I'm sure it will happen in the future.
I do understand our alliance with 4WP is very important. As customers it is important to place or input including criticism. I also understand the employees of 4WP worked there asses off to host such a big turn event. Its clear to say we all want to see more events of this size & exposure like this in the future.
I never thought about SEMA being this week and was expecting to see more bolt on rigs. I enjoyed most of the custom rigs and don't wish to share the ones that I saw as sub par. Homebrewed is real cool! I wish I had some of the time, talent, and Idea's of these individuals. I was a little bothered by being solicited by some of the homebrewers to build my ride. I feel the only people that have that right is the 4WP people and under the 4 WP roof. I did have a employee of 4WP add there 2 cents from the start of a conversation input that they do custom fab outside of 4WP. I thought it was uncalled for.

Thanx,

The Dog

what an ass. complains about not getting a FREE tow strap, then comes on the FREE forum to complain about the FREE event.:shaking:

i vote to ban the whiny bolt on queen.

The reality is, if we banned anyone for whining, Ricky wouldn't have anywhere to cry about his broke junk all the time.

Let 'em whine, only making themselves look bad

funny... i've talked to almost a dozen people who went to the grand opening... i have heard nothing but praise about of how great it turned out, how nice all the 4WP folks are, the number of nice jeeps and trucks in the parking lot, and how cool it was that the free tow strap give-away was more than just 20 straps.....

Get off your pedestal Tim Dog.... if you can't add value and substance then why add your 2 cents at all? Get over yourself :)

-Erik <--- glad to see 4WP adding to NC's aftermarket support for us addicts :)

funny... i've talked to almost a dozen people who went to the grand opening... i have heard nothing but praise about of how great it turned out, how nice all the 4WP folks are, the number of nice jeeps and trucks in the parking lot, and how cool it was that the free tow strap give-away was more than just 20 straps.....
Get off your pedestal Tim Dog.... if you can't add value and substance then why add your 2 cents at all? Get over yourself :)
-Erik <--- glad to see 4WP adding to NC's aftermarket support for us addicts :)

amen

The reality is, if we banned anyone for whining, Ricky wouldn't have anywhere to cry about his broke junk all the time.

Let 'em whine, only making themselves look bad

and talking crap about someone not even in a conversation makes you look good? yep it does from over here

I've been sitting here reading this thread over and over going Wow...Out of the 4500 people that made it to there Saturday...this 1 guy just totally bent outta shape...

Then I sit here going...you know what, I went to the SEMA show in Atlanta this spring....had a Great time there ALSO...

All of the Industry Giants are there....Was there cool trucks?...of course...hot chicks?...oh yeah...Were they all peddling their goods....thats what they in business for...hello

I drove about 6 hours each way to get there....on my dime....hotel room...on my dime....meals...on my dime

Did I get a free anything?...Ok stickers & catalogs...
but no tow strap, no gift card, no wings or pizza, no free drinks all day, no RTI ramp, no burnout competition, just some rigs on static display except a buggy parade of about 4 rigs that you couldnt get close to.

Nobody even said thanks for coming...and it was a "SHOW"

I've been to car & trucks shows, mud bogs, trail rides, Nascar & Drag Strips....you see it all at each of these places....

BTW....my brother couldn't make it, so I brought his tow strap coupon with me and got his (and mine) about 9:30am from the stack on the pallet.

I personally had a good time & stayed all day...didn't win any other drawing stuff....and still had fun.

Maybe you should plan on some other exciting event next time.

showed up late bout 10:30 and still got my free strap:flipoff2:with a few boxes left. to bad i was gone before the pizza:( cant complain to much bout someone giving out the free stuff. plus all the 4x4's out looked good to me and so what if they arent all pro top$$ trucks

With permission from some of the big guys at 4wheelparts, I was able to set up a tent/table and not only solicit new club members for CTB, but was allowed and encouraged to sale CTB merchandise. This includes shirts and hats, wich they sale inside.I may have outsold them in this department. But never heard a negative word from the ''BIG GUYS'' (owner of company)

Anyway, my point is this...4wheelparts is a great company and are a great asset to this sport and local clubs.

I got my belly full of free food, my eyes full of cool rides and hooters girls, my goody bag full of free prizes, a folder full of new members and oh yes, my nose and lungs full of tire smoke.
All for free....all for free...all for free......
As Forest Gump says'' Thats all I got to say about thayat''

I was a little bothered by being solicited by some of the homebrewers to build my ride. I feel the only people that have that right is the 4WP people and under the 4 WP roof. I did have a employee of 4WP add there 2 cents from the start of a conversation input that they do custom fab outside of 4WP. I thought it was uncalled for.
Thanx,
The Dog

I disagree on that point, 4WheelParts does not offer any Fabrication services so an employee or anyone for that matter would not be taking buisness from 4wheelparts at all by doing custom fabrication on there own. Heck, I used to try and push it myself too like I was trying to do a mini side buisness, now I pretty much just use it as my friends and I's name/sticker we slap on everything cause it makes us all look like BAMF's :lol: Pretty sure bout anyone on this board would build your junk for you if you offered to pay them.

Plus the fact that One of the employee's over there that anyone familiar with this board would know makes some sick ass fab work from sammy's to early bronco's to Jeeps, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back