2023 (Not NC4X4) Web Wheeler Weekend Get Together

Will you attend?

• Total voters

All Imma say is that wood better chill…

IMG_5764.png

anyone be offended if i roll up with my bird dogs and go hunting in the morning since i dont have a rig anymore?
I may bring along the weaponry and hunt as well.

I wonder if we could get by with a mini bike at camp:laughing:
Here's the official statement:
UncleSam said:

Need to Know​

• Throughout the year the Uwharrie National Forest performs prescribed burns. Some of these burns will be next to and around this recreation facility and may cause smokey conditions during the actual burning and for the days following the burns. Sometimes we do not make a decision until the very morning that we will be able to do the burn due to weather and staffing. If you have questions about the prescribed burning possibility please call the Uwharrie National Forest Ranger District office at 910-576-6391 for updated information.

• For customers seeking group sizes larger than 50, there are three group sites for a total capacity of 150 people that can be reserved (Sites A, B & C). There is one administrative camping site that is not reservable and is not marked. During the year there may be crews working or volunteering with the Uwharrie National Forest that will be camping at this administrative campsite nearest to the gate and using the facilities.
    No electrical, water or sewer hookups available. There is a bathhouse with flush toiltets and showers and separate vault toilets. There is some power in the bathhouse. There are hydrants for potable water at each of the reservable campsites. There are two trash dumpsters.
    For Badin Lake Group Camp there is No Discount with any of the Interagency Passes (Access or Senior Access, etc.).

• Alcohol is Prohibited.
    Fireworks are Prohibited.

• Off-highway vehicles allowed on designated trails only from Apr. 1 to Dec. 15; trail passes required for these trails. Unlicensed vehicles must be trailered to the motorized trail trailheads to access these trails.
    Consideration of fellow campers is appreciated; for safety purposes, please keep off-highway vehicle use (including golf carts, dirt bikes, and other unlicensed vehicles) to designated roads and trails outside of the campground. Keep children and pets under control in the campground.

• Park vehicles at your designated group campsite. No Vehicles allowed in the central field near the bathhouse.
    Direct acces to the Badin Lake Hiking Trail by a short connector trail between Site B and the wellhouse across from the bathhouse.
The important part is:
Consideration of fellow campers is appreciated; for safety purposes, please keep off-highway vehicle use (including golf carts, dirt bikes, and other unlicensed vehicles) to designated roads and trails outside of the campground.

In other words, as long as it doesn't bother us, its a non-issue. So don't be a loud nuisance or a constant drone, don't tear up the grass, don't sling gravel on vehicles/campsites, and don't hit people.

Less than a month away now! Hopefully the weather is more like last weekend and less like the last couple days.

Not sure if I’m gonna make it this year. Kiddos cheer has us out of town nearly every weekend in Nov and Dec or practice on the weekends. 🤞

Not sure if I’m gonna make it this year. Kiddos cheer has us out of town nearly every weekend in Nov and Dec or practice on the weekends. 🤞
You got dis bro! And bring that kids buggy so I can drool over it.

I haven't been there before so what's camp look like? I normally sleep in a hammock but I also have a tentcot. What's the sites like?

Alright gents, we're two weeks away! That means it's time to start working on your rigs. Go by the parts store today on your lunch break or way home from work and get that thing you need, so you can find time this weekend to realize it doesn't fit and order the correct one so it arrives by next weekend. Then you can get it installed on Friday after Thanksgiving and take it for a spin and realize what else is broken or you forgot, and you'll have the whole next week to order it and hope it arrives and pull an all nighter to get it done just in time to load on the trailer and go to the get together! :D

Back