Mild italian sausage
1 block cream cheese
Cheddar jack cheese
1 bag spinach

Brown the sausage
Add everything but the tortellini
Cook in crockpot/stove pot
3 hours on low, stir, 30minutes on high
Bring to a bubble and add tortellini. Cook 10 minutes.

That soup was a pleasant surprise!

As was the apple cobbler and blueberry pudding. And the BBQ. All the food was excellent.

Tortellini Soup
1 Large fresh Tortellini package
1 quart Chicken broth
1 jar pasta sauce
Salt 1/2 tsp
Pepper 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder 1 tsp
Onion powder 1 tsp
Mild italian sausage
1 block cream cheese
Cheddar jack cheese
1 bag spinach

Brown the sausage
Add everything but the tortellini
Cook in crockpot/stove pot
3 hours on low, stir, 30minutes on high
Bring to a bubble and add tortellini. Cook 10 minutes.

That soup was a pleasant surprise!

As was the apple cobbler and blueberry pudding. And the BBQ. All the food was excellent.
I ate way too much of everything else to try the soup, but I have copied the recipe to whip up maybe as early as this weekend!! I'm pretty sure that's the best I have ever ate at a wheeling "event"!!!

I ate way too much of everything else to try the soup, but I have copied the recipe to whip up maybe as early as this weekend!! I'm pretty sure that's the best I have ever ate at a wheeling "event"!!!

Lol. I was almost in pain I ate so much. I finally had a chance at the Apple cobbler the next morning with breakfast burritos. :D

Lol. I was almost in pain I ate so much. I finally had a chance at the Apple cobbler the next morning with breakfast burritos. :D
Did you use that microwave? 😆

Imma need that recipe too. Well I think I technically had @justjeepin86 cobbler but heard they were both good.
Two cans apple pie filling, or home made
One box white cake mix (or butter pecan if your feeling fancy)
One full stick butter
Brown Sugar Cinnamon
A few beers to drink one for recipes....or Sprite.

Drink beer. Dump filling. Drink beer. Put dry cake mix on top. Drink beer. Don't stir. Slice butter and place evenly across cake mix. More beer. Sprinkle generous with Brown Sugar Cinnamon. Indulge in beverage. Pour one can of Sprite or beer over mix. (I used Sprite this night) Don't stir or attempt to drown all the cake mix. I sort of do it like drizzling icing. Drink. Lite coals and shoot for 350 ish. More beer.

This was in a Lodge number 12. I like cobbler a little thin so the amount works good in this size.

One full stick butter
Brown Sugar Cinnamon

Drink beer. Dump filling. Drink beer. Put dry cake mix on top. Drink beer. Don't stir. Slice butter and place evenly across cake mix. More beer. Sprinkle generous with Brown Sugar Cinnamon. Indulge in beverage. Pour one can of Sprite or beer over mix. (I used Sprite this night) Don't stir or attempt to drown all the cake mix. I sort of do it like drizzling icing. Drink. Lite coals and shoot for 350 ish. More beer.

This was in a Lodge number 12. I like cobbler a little thin so the amount works good in this size.
Cool, I like the beer part

One full stick butter
Brown Sugar Cinnamon

Told the wife about this one… now you owe me for her ordering 3 dutchoven pots

Told the wife about this one… now you owe me for her ordering 3 dutchoven pots
Remember they stack. I have cooked a main dish, side, and dessert all at the same time. Heat rises so heavier recipes on top.
Parchment paper works great. As do liners for sticky stuff. With the right stand inverted lids make great cook tops for pan cakes or bacon and eggs.

Edit: campfire coals of good hardwood make a great wood fired pizza on the lid.......run the thing upside down. Heavy coals on the bottom and few on top. Just remember it's about slowing down.

Store with two pieces of a half paper towel folded into double thick layers 180 degrees from each other between lid and base. Keeps condensate from ruining the inside. Never use soap and boil out any burnt or sticky food. In a hurry using salt to scrubb is excellent. Do this dry and a paper towel or cloth works great to scrub the salt in.

Remember they stack. I have cooked a main dish, side, and dessert all at the same time. Heat rises so heavier recipes on top.
Parchment paper works great. As do liners for sticky stuff. With the right stand inverted lids make great cook tops for pan cakes or bacon and eggs. Just remember it's about slowing down.

Store with two pieces of a half paper towel folded into double thick layers 180 degrees from each other between lid and base. Keeps condensate from ruining the inside. Never use soap and boil out any burnt or sticky food. In a hurry using salt to scrubb is excellent. Do this dry and a paper towel or cloth works great to scrub the salt in.
Why did you just complicate and beer recipe

Mine is more simple, but it's not like Drew's is difficult. Now I'm gonna have to try it different.

I use a 10" oven
2 cans of pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter

Same thing, dump filling, dump the cake mix on top, cut butter and distribute over the top.
Something like 15 briquets under and 10 on the lid. Takes around an hour.

Mine is more simple, but it's not like Drew's is difficult. Now I'm gonna have to try it different.

I use a 10" oven
2 cans of pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter

Same thing, dump filling, dump the cake mix on top, cut butter and distribute over the top.
Something like 15 briquets under and 10 on the lid. Takes around an hour.
Your ratio of briquettes is unique. I've always ran less on the bottom. On that note I've also noticed charcoal is another thing that has changed for the worse. Noticable less heat per cube and they are smaller. On my number 12 Lodge , eight on the bottom and sixteen to twenty on top has served me well for a lot of cooks. I find myself refueling more often now. I usually do this instead of a larger amount to start to get more even temps and prevent scorched food.

Parchment paper works great. As do liners for sticky stuff. With the right stand inverted lids make great cook tops for pan cakes or bacon and eggs.

Edit: campfire coals of good hardwood make a great wood fired pizza on the lid.......run the thing upside down. Heavy coals on the bottom and few on top. Just remember it's about slowing down.

Just a note, but most Dishwashing detergent is not soap, so it is ok to use on cast iron, esp if it is seasoned well. Regular use/seasoning and keeping them dry is the big thing, from my experience. We use ours everyday, and rarely need to use detergent on it to clean.

Blueberry pudding is stupid simple.

1-14oz can of condensed sweetened milk
1 1/2 cups of cold water
1 package(3 1/2 oz) of jello instant vanilla pudding
2 cups heavy cream, whipped
Vanilla wafers
1 quart blueberries(or strawberries or any other fruit)
3/4 cup of nestle semi sweet chocalate(mini's work the best)

Mix it all up and throw it in the fridge for a few hours.

I should be getting a dutch oven for christmas so I'm going have to make a cobbler soon.

Just a note, but most Dishwashing detergent is not soap, so it is ok to use on cast iron, esp if it is seasoned well. Regular use/seasoning and keeping them dry is the big thing, from my experience. We use ours everyday, and rarely need to use detergent on it to clean.

i typically use a ss wool pad to scrub under hot water, wipe out with paper towel. done. every other month or so when cooking on the green egg i detail scrub with soap, re season it with my choice oil and put it in the egg when done cooking to let the residual heat (cool down) bake the oil in.

One full stick butter
Brown Sugar Cinnamon

I have a similar recipe but I cheat and use a box of Kursteaz as the cake mix and brown sugar.

I have a similar recipe but I cheat and use a box of Kursteaz as the cake mix and brown sugar.

Looks like a good coffee cake by itself....let's grab my old percolator!

Attachments

• IMG_5772.jpeg
    IMG_5772.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 37
Back