2019 Jeep Gladiator

Yeah, but we were getting quite a few looks as well taking the super dirty through there. But at least it's paid for lol. And I could buy 4 of these to one of those.
View attachment 326968 View attachment 326969
Me too. This is on the ledge on Daniel after the almost famous paving job. We wheeled it all the time down there. Was easier than the 5 ton for sure!
F9B7DE64-80BC-4BE7-BAE7-8E45CB3BCBDB.jpeg

The Mojave has Fox reservoir shocks where the Rubi has just standard Fox shocks. I forgot, it's also Desert Rated. Not a lot of desert around here.

To me, it's a neutered Rubi, which cost a lot more. The Rubi Jim got was $53K and some change with a $4K off the top dealer discount. He traded a 15 KL Trailhawk and a 18 WK2 Overland and was out the door for right about $12K. He didn't get the leather seats but he didn't want those, wanted the 8.4 Nav but ended up with the 7" HU. Hard top, spray in bed liner, cold weather group, premium LED lighting, winch bumper and the oh so awesome Bluetooth speaker (and no nanny devices). So with the exception of having the BT speaker and not having the nav, it was exactly what he wanted and in the color he wanted AND on the lot. He probably wouldn't have bought it if it was in a different color. Really didn't need to get one but it worked out well for him, car payment is a few dollars less, a few months more than he had left on one loan and one less vehicle to register and insure.

Last edited:
I say, if a man can afford it, buy what makes you happy, your gonna die like everyone else. Some like a fine house, some stuff, some think they can put it in the casket.

I despise the, oh that guys stupid for wheeling that new rig that cost 60k, usually its the guy making 20k a yr with a 500 credit score and 5 repos that says the shit

I despise the, oh that guys stupid for wheeling that new rig that cost 60k, usually its the guy making 20k a yr with a 500 credit score and 5 repos that says the shit

I totally agree. Cars aren't precious, and Jeeps are mass produced. If you can afford to wheel a new rig and can afford to possibly stuff it, they'll make you another one. It's just a Jeep. I can't afford to do that, but there's nothing wrong with doing it.

I say, if a man can afford it, buy what makes you happy, your gonna die like everyone else. Some like a fine house, some stuff, some think they can put it in the casket.

I totally agree. Cars aren't precious, and Jeeps are mass produced. If you can afford to wheel a new rig and can afford to possibly stuff it, they'll make you another one. It's just a Jeep. I can't afford to do that, but there's nothing wrong with doing it.
I could not agree more. It just surprises me how many I am seeing out there. Me personally I would not do it right away.

I rarely log in here but read through forum everyday. After 3 jku’s I grabbed a gladiator back in March. Loving it so far but it will probably never see a trail. Too much $$$ to flop it. Only thing remotely close too a trail is driving out at Fort Fisher about twice a month. It does fine at that. I had stealer ship throw on lift and 35s. Getting around 18mpg under normal driving. It drops quick though when hitting the 4 lane and idiots get in front of me. Nothing like hauling a sheet of plywood with 3’ of it over the tailgate!!

Attachments

• 674503A5-49F5-4F3E-83F3-DA4C7DFBC421.jpeg
    674503A5-49F5-4F3E-83F3-DA4C7DFBC421.jpeg
    270.3 KB · Views: 137
I’m at 18k on mine. Bought it June 2019 so almost 1.5 yrs ownership. Rubicon with 2” lift with 37s and regeared to 4.88s.

Added brake controller and sold my heavy a$$ Kaufman trailer for an aluminum Featherlite. Have towed 6k lbs numerous times multiple states away.

it’s not a full size truck. By no means. But it does exactly what I need it to do from many angles

Back