2019 Jeep Gladiator

Let’s see, black paint? Gold wheels? Gold accents? Screams for desperate attention? Wouldn’t know anything about it. :)

54E98690-B43B-4199-BB76-5F3134E52E6C.jpeg
19813600-8485-424E-8B43-D3452FF10448.jpeg

Bringing an old thread back from the dead here, but lately I've found myself lusting after one.

Except every time we pass one my wife makes some snide comment about 'it looks like a wanna-be truck' or 'its trying to hard to be a jeep' or 'just ugh'.

Since it's been out for a bit - what is everyone's opinion now? Who all bought one? Anyone try out the new diesel?

Ive actually came close two times to buying one. I mean driving to the dealership with a loan approved from the credit union close.
But both times this made me turn away and remind me why I can't buy one.
It's one of thoe once I saw it I cant unsee it things.

Capture.PNG

I liked them from the get-go, but after seeing a few running around with soft tops with either the front open, or the whole top off, I think I would order one with just the hard top. It looked goofy to me.

That being said, if I was in the market for a new car I would have a hard time not getting one. It's enough jack of all trades for what I need these days.

I bought one early in the Pandemic when they were selling for close to $10,000 off MSRP. It's actually my Wife's daily driver.

I'm pretty happy with it, And it's been reliable for the 6000 miles we've driven it so far. But if I wanted a pickup truck (already have one), I would buy something else, and if I wanted an offroad vehicle (already have several), I'd buy something else. But if I wanted something that could do both relatively well, but not the best, that's where it fits!

While I get Ron's complaint, I view it as an advantage... The aftermarket never would have done anything for the rear doors if they were exclusive to the Gladiator, but since they are JL doors, all the tube doors, soft doors, and the hopefully soon to come out JL Bestop Core Doors (half doors) will fit it...

However even after 7 months ownership, I still hate the ugly blisters they call rear tail lights...

To me it's like an LJ they look funny stock but once lifted I like them. Also like @Ron said about the back door kills me. The bed only being like 10" deep also deters me.

Last edited:
I still think they look ok, but not great. I have zero interest in owning one. I would like to buy a newer truck, but I want it to be a real truck that I can put 4 yards of mulch in the bed.

A friend of mine just took delivery on a Gobi Rubicon. It's a sharp looking, decent riding vehicle that does fill a niche. And he fit's that niche.

I could be tempted to get one but I'm not paying that much for one. Just doesn't work financially for me.

I’ve had one since may ‘19. Love it. It’s the ideal DD for me. Approaching 40k miles on it and only complaint is fuel mileage. Mileage dropped significantly when I moved from 37” tires to 40”.

Even with a regear and a corrected speedometer? I would think 37s already were the suck, how can 40s be that much worse?

Even with a regear and a corrected speedometer? I would think 37s already were the suck, how can 40s be that much worse?

Bigger tires= more rubber, and every pound matters. Most 40s are 100+ lbs, 37s are generally under 80lbs.

Gearing is 4.88 with both tire sizes. Mileage on 37s was 16-17. 40” mileage is 12-13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want one, but as others have stated it doesn't fully replace the need for a truck. I can't replace my truck (2015 Sierra 1/2 ton) with it because I wouldn't tow my LJ with a Gladiator. So, to trade my truck for a Gladiator, I first have to replace my wife's 2005 Yukon XL with something more capable of towing the LJ.

I want one, but as others have stated it doesn't fully replace the need for a truck. I can't replace my truck (2015 Sierra 1/2 ton) with it because I wouldn't tow my LJ with a Gladiator. So, to trade my truck for a Gladiator, I first have to replace my wife's 2005 Yukon XL with something more capable of towing the LJ.
My buddy from up mid west towed his LJ with the gladiator....

My buddy from up mid west towed his LJ with the gladiator....

I'm sure it can do it, and local smaller trips I probably would. I don't know that I'd want to use it to Harlan/Windrock.

We just got back from Moab and did a 27 hr stint on the way out and a 21 hr stint on way back. My truck handled it like a champ but I certainly wouldn't want less truck.

Back