1-ton toyota build

the motor is in, the trans/ t-case is in, hince the cover... i just used the empty 205 case to mock everything up... i have paypal 1tonmudder for another 205

order list for monday
-hydo assist
-4core alum. rad.
-trans cooler
-2500 stall
-5.38's 14/ff d60
-maybe, just maybe fuel injection kit.... if not a 750 holley

can you say "SWEEEEEEEET"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have pictures up tonight... a few issues i've had

*To use 2wd chevy box, or toy ifs box...

-i decided to go with the toy box, tapped for hydro assist for header clearance issues.... also I am prolly going to plate the ifs box mount again, and get it outside the frame 1/2 more or so, with plenty, plenty of plating.

heres a quick paint example, view is looking straight down into engine bay

the steering shaft-shift is exaggerated in the paint example, but you can see it will be shifted to the drivers side about 1" for header clearance
nc4x4.JPG

*also i guess for now i will use block hugger headers, i just don't like them... i guess i just like looking from the side of the truck in the inner fender and seeing a good looking set of long tubes flowing right around everything back under the truck... so a custom set is a must in the near future:bounce2:

I have really admired your Toyota for some time and even saved some pics from Cardomain a long time ago. It gave me the ideas on how I wanted to do my 87. I hate to see it change, but I guess change can be good. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Back