-all-pro 6" lift springs
-lift shackles
-rear drop hanger ~2" for about 1" of lift
-stretched the rear back ~ 2 1/2"

:driver:pretty decent shackle angle...
100_2598.JPG
100_2600.JPG
100_2599.JPG

I think you're gonna have issues with the rear shackle folding flat when the tire goes up... just how it looks from here...

I think the easy way of doing the front hanger is to use square tubing and some flat stock and some angle. I have converted two yotas and had good luck plus makes a good place to make a hitch in the front hanger but I am just lazy easy is allways better well until it breaks

I think you're gonna have issues with the rear shackle folding flat when the tire goes up... just how it looks from here...

the straps are wrenched down holding the spring pin in the spring plate on the axle... so this is how the shackle angle should look once the springs are broke in and the motor and tranny are in...

but what is wrong with the shackle angle? you're sayin its too much?

measure along the length of the spring, then take that number, add 1/4-1/2", and then go from the spring hangar to the back.. I think you'll find that it is too much.

That's a good angle for almost flat springs, those have a good bit of arch to them.

Hell, you might be just fine with it the way it is.. could be wrong.

measure along the length of the spring, then take that number, add 1/4-1/2", and then go from the spring hangar to the back.. I think you'll find that it is too much.
That's a good angle for almost flat springs, those have a good bit of arch to them.
Hell, you might be just fine with it the way it is.. could be wrong.

well shat on a duck:poop:... i hope that it will work cause i def. don't feel like cuttin those stinking hangers off... i didn't think about the arch, thanks rich

350 is done

finally, just about ready to drop her in... not too much show... maybe some chrome valve covers, of course msd dis/coil/wires will add a little color... jus spent most on the go factor:driver:
100_2643.JPG

finally decided to clean off the frame for a little more room, this sucked

before
100_2647.JPG

after
100_2646.JPG

the suspense is killing me! whats next and when?
i drive by the shop once in awhile just check your beast out
can't wait to see it with the tires on it
GET R DONE

when's tommorrow????:nopics:

:flipoff2:get to work

:smokin::wtf: stop jack'in around with that pustang and work on that yota!!!:flipoff2:

whats taking so long? curious when your gonna touch your truck again?
you got a mustang too? what year?

:smokin::wtf: stop jack'in around with that pustang and work on that yota!!!:flipoff2:

its called going to school, if i lived at home and worked 8-5... i'd be workin on it every night

and TONKA TOY yes... i have a 87' foxbody, its a piece, but it gets me from point a-b... 5spd and 170k, she drinks a little oil but likes the abuse...haha:driver:

sPrInG bReAk!!!!!!!!!!! gonna get back on it hard core.. been savin a little $$, and hope fully drive train, and steering will get knocked out...

??
i plan on just usuing a chevy box for steering, and doing hysteer. any of you full size guys think i need hydro assist also for 42/44's still? i mremember looking at BUSHWHACKER's nasty ass K-5 and i think he was running hydro with 39 iroks, so did i just ans. my own question?
??

after next week i should just have to finish the little piss stuff, like interior wiring, tranny cooler... ect, but not gonna think about that sht, until i have too...

sPrInG bReAk!!!!!!!!!!! gonna get back on it hard core.. been savin a little $$, and hope fully drive train, and steering will get knocked out...
??
i plan on just usuing a chevy box for steering, and doing hysteer. any of you full size guys think i need hydro assist also for 42/44's still? i mremember looking at BUSHWHACKER's nasty ass K-5 and i think he was running hydro with 39 iroks, so did i just ans. my own question?
??
after next week i should just have to finish the little piss stuff, like interior wiring, tranny cooler... ect, but not gonna think about that sht, until i have too...

Over half of your spring break is gone and you are just getting back working on it? Priorities man, priorities.

hard core is atleast 8 not 10 in the morning:bounce2:get to it
Hopefully is one word, not two:fuck-you:

damn that this nice, i saw that last spring driving around uncc when i was visiting some one there and i just thought damn thats a big ass nice looking 'yota

well i saw she had been moved and even covered with a car cover
besides the bad transfer case what else have you got done

Back