UWHARRIE SATURAY! Whose going?

Hey, you know what we should do? We should get in GREAT BIG groups. Like, 20-30 rigs in a group. Then all parade around together in 1st gear.

Also, when we get to an obstacle, we need to all park in the exact middle of the trail and leave our rigs. That way nobody coming from either direction will be able to get passed our group or find anybody to move them.

Also, when we get to an obstacle, we need to all park in the exact middle of the trail and leave our rigs. That way nobody coming from either direction will be able to get passed our group or find anybody to move them.

I know this is a just a joke, but damn if everytime I go out there I don't see a group of at least 5 rigs doing just that.

I know this is a just a joke, but damn if everytime I go out there I don't see a group of at least 5 rigs doing just that.

Yep, it fucking sucks. A lot of people down there think they are the only ones out on the trails. They act surprised when you ask them to move their piles of shit out of the way. I just don't understand how some people can be so inconsiderate of others.

I was thinking of heading out this weekend, but would be coming solo and wanting to drag behind someone. Any chance of someone letting a locked square eye on 35s w/ a mid 40s driver tag along (wife still on the fence, but likely not in attendance)? I've only been out to URE once, but made it up Dickey & Dutch and down Daniel without riding cable. Thanks in advance...would be great to meet some of you guys...

-dave

PS - experienced wheeler who knows not to leave vehicles in the middle of trails...ijs...tia...

I was thinking of heading out this weekend, but would be coming solo and wanting to drag behind someone. Any chance of someone letting a locked square eye on 35s w/ a mid 40s driver tag along (wife still on the fence, but likely not in attendance)?

I'd roll with ya anytime, except this weekend :mad:. I can't deal with the trail blocking, 15 vehicle groups...:kaioken:

Obviously it's because the trails are too narrow. What we need are wider trails with more bypasses off through the woods to let everyone pass! But people keep putting up those darn guard rails.

Just kidding...

Yes...YES.......FEEL the butthurt...this is good

awww.theforce.net_kids_coruscant_probe_droid_palpatine.jpg

The more you resist, the fewer will come!!!

I was thinking of heading out this weekend, but would be coming solo and wanting to drag behind someone. Any chance of someone letting a locked square eye on 35s w/ a mid 40s driver tag along (wife still on the fence, but likely not in attendance)? I've only been out to URE once, but made it up Dickey & Dutch and down Daniel without riding cable. Thanks in advance...would be great to meet some of you guys...

-dave

PS - experienced wheeler who knows not to leave vehicles in the middle of trails...ijs...tia...

The Carolina Trail Blazers is offering a Free Breakfast and open invite to ride with us Saturday. We will likely contribute a couple groups to the madness, come join us. More info in the upcoming events section.

and look,not only do we have to put up with our own brand of stupid shit but the trail fleas and sxs will be out in force also. Gotta love UNF on a pretty weekend.

naaaa,I wouldn't miss it for da world man.Ought to drive up to the first ledge on Daniel,park out da way,and then sit in a chair and egg on stupidity.

Add this to the "why didn't I think of that?" list, brilliant idea! Wave to the skinny nerd as you drive by, that'll be me! LOL!!

Yep, it fucking sucks. A lot of people down there think they are the only ones out on the trails. They act surprised when you ask them to move their piles of shit out of the way. I just don't understand how some people can be so inconsiderate of others.
I used to sit quietly and wait on them to figure out they are being idiots….now i'm just a dick about it and outright ask, WTF is going on get off the trail unless your shit just won't run, then I'll help you tow it out of the way. I'm sure many have mumbled dickhead, but it's all good, the trails back open. I had one older guy on a 4wheeler more or less cheer me on saying do these jeepers think they own the damn trail? This particular group stopped in the middle of the trail, with traffic behind them to air down tires and discuss it.

If only this were here already (being delivered Tuesday), I could drive it and use it to piss off everyone. Piss off the people blocking the trails because I could push them out of the way, or pick them up and drop them off the side of the trail. Piss off everyone else because it would be a trail block itself probably.

I guess I will just stick with using the HMMWV to block the trails.

539631_6002_161_0001.jpg

I will be there Sunday and Monday camping at Art Lilley. Red CJ and tan FJ on Sunday and red CJ and black XJ Monday.

We didn't encounter anything out of the ordinary. Ran wolf den and rocky mtn loop with my dad following me in his bone stock 88 range rover on street tires.

Knew better than getting on Daniel.

Daniel wasn't bad when we were heading up around 1 or 2. Some traffic, as to be expected on closing weekend, but better than the Jamboree days.

Went up (yes, UP) daniel, dutch john, and dickey bell (as well as other trails in between). Really surprised me how well a hmmwv will do for a STOCK vehicle. Anyone that says a hmmwv is horrible offroad just can't drive. It has it's downsides but for what it is, it amazed me.

20151212_132819.jpg

Anyone know the person that got hit with the winch line as it broke and how is he doing ?

Back