Shop upgrade time!

Got the rest of the sheeting on the roof over the weekend. I worked Sunday and put the sheeting on the back side of the roof by myself, those 5/8" sheets will kick your butt, I went to bed Sunday at 9:00. Gonna try to get the fly rafters built and the gable ends done tomorrow. Hopefully get the felt on the roof also. Plan to start roofing Thursday.

Got the rest of the sheeting on the roof over the weekend. I worked Sunday and put the sheeting on the back side of the roof by myself, those 5/8" sheets will kick your butt, I went to bed Sunday at 9:00. Gonna try to get the fly rafters built and the gable ends done tomorrow. Hopefully get the felt on the roof also. Plan to start roofing Thursday.

I put my sheeting on in 20-30 mph wind gusts. It SUCKED. I built a 2x4 "scaffolding" to stand on while attaching the first row because when I was up on the ladder trying to muscle a 4x8 sheet, I blew over and darn near broke my neck. There was a lot of climbing up and down on that to get the sheets up. Doesn't help that I'm afraid of heights!

Well haven't put any updates on here in a while so figured I would. Shop is in the dry with power, doors, windows etc and is in working condition. I still have to finish the outside stucco, vinyl and get my lift put in, but it is coming along.
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Shop_2011_12_05_16_43_57_992_1.jpg

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Shop_2011_12_21_17_16_29_513.jpg

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Shop_2011_12_21_17_16_51_74.jpg

My buddy and I are going to be starting on his truggy soon (build thread to follow), an SAS to do on a Dakota and I have a cage to build for a YJ so I'm gonna have to get the shop completed here pretty soon.

looking good!! can't wait to get some land and build my own shop

Got my new 11k two post lift mounted. Nice to not be working on the ground.
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Shop_2012_04_28_13_09_12_216.jpg

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Shop_2012_04_28_13_08_51_894.jpg

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Shop_2012_04_27_21_28_30_897.jpg

Now just need to get air hookups and welder outlets mounted on the lift post. The outside is still not finished. That will be a winter project.

Very nice! Is there a significant difference in beef between an 9k lift and an 11k lift?

Looking good is that brads yota truggy in the back ground?

No, it is an s-10 truggy project. Gonna have tons, 454 on propane, coilovers and 42" iroks

Very nice! Is there a significant difference in beef between an 9k lift and an 11k lift?

Only a couple of hundred bucks difference, main thing is I drive Dodge Diesels, and I wanted to make sure I can lift anything I might need to so if anybody brings in a 2500 or 3500 for a lift I can feel comfortable working under it.

Only a couple of hundred bucks difference, main thing is I drive Dodge Diesels, and I wanted to make sure I can lift anything I might need to so if anybody brings in a 2500 or 3500 for a lift I can feel comfortable working under it.

i hate putting dodge diesels on a 2 post lift, you will never feel completely safe under one

i hate putting dodge diesels on a 2 post lift, you will never feel completely safe under one
I'll put a 3500 dually on my 9500lb lift any time. But I'm only changing tires or oil. I'm not pulling axles or transmissions or anything like that. If you are concerned just put a screw jack under the front or rear. As long as you know how to set a lift and it ain't rocking when you are doing what ever you need to. Why should there be a problem?

Sent from my Tapatalk using iPhone.

I had one of those quad/crew cabs long bed what ever it is. The longest truck I think dodge could build. It was something getting it in my bay (horrible shop design). All the old guys think I'm crazy lifting them with the 2 post, we have a 4 post for alignments they put them on.

Sent from my Tapatalk using iPhone.

Yea, I had my truck on there today to change the oil sending unit. I don't mind it for something simple like that, but if I were gonna be tugging on it installing a lift or changing a tranny, I'd feel better with screw jacks under the ends to steady it.

First real use of the new lift, before and after. My buddy's XJ was the first to be on it.
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_photobucket_17102_1337732676377.jpg

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_photobucket_41623_1337732624228.jpg

Sorry for the extremely late update. Finally got back on getting shop finished. Poured the slab outside and doing soffit.

image.jpg

Vinyl finished and stucco/rock on the front. Just need to paint over stucco and hang lights under the covered shelter.
image.jpg

That looks great!

Turned out great!

Back