Shop upgrade time!

sqrl$$

Well finally getting on with building my new shop. Since selling the house I have been without a shop for about 3 months now and it is killing me. Not only am I missing a place for me to work on my stuff, I am missing out on work that I am having to turn down right now.
Shop is 30x50 with two 10' doors on the front and one 10' door on the end. I am building a small office/diplay/storage room also. I am doing 10' walls with scissor trusses across the two bays and room trusses above the office/storage area. I am building it myself so it will not happen super fast. I have plans on putting rock veneering along the bottom across the front and stucco or similar above that.
Please no comments on the multi-colored block, I bought them at $1/block and I am going to cover them with stucco/rock/paint in the end. I have the footing and walls in for now but I will be waiting for a couple of weeks on the trusses, roofing and concrete floor.
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Shop_2011_07_31_17_36_12_664.jpg

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Shop_2011_08_10_19_24_01_898.jpg

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Shop_2011_08_18_17_20_42_254.jpg

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Shop_2011_08_23_16_12_16_552.jpg

Looks awesome! I actually really like the multi-colored block. It adds some character. You laying the block yourself?

Nah, had a guy lay the block. I am going to do the trusses, sheeting, roofing, electrical and painting with the help of some friends. May have to bribe them with:beer:

Concrete slab with extra thick pads for the lift(s). I'm debating on pouring it myself. I have a buddy that does concrete work that will do it for $40/yard labor which would end up costing me about $700 range for labor plus concrete, rock and plastic. Just keep thinking $700 would buy part of a new plasma or other tools. I have poured several pool decks and a couple of driveways, but only one garage and it was only about half this size.

Nice! Looks great!

If Hes a good buddy just have him help you do it. Nothin you can't do in a weekend with a few cases.

Unfortunately he is a buddy, not a "good buddy". He is like everyone else these days, looking out for themselves so I'm not going to get him here without some money involved. I have sold my truck and supposed to get the money Friday, so I can afford to finish everything now.

man i built my garage about 15 years ago and tried to pour my own pad and the truck showed up and my freind were not nowhere to be found so i tried it myself . then i had to save some more money to do it again. looks like its gonna be an good size are you putting in heat and air ,phone water ,cable ?

Trusses are ordered and should be here around the end of the week. Put the gravel in it yesterday and it is getting pest sprayed tomorrow. Was planning to have the floor poured Thursday or fri, but forecast doesn't look very good for the remainder of the week.

I have another door on the left side of shop that you cannot see in the pics.

Looks awesome! I see your truck across the street from me pretty often (at the rental apartments on Oakwood Road). I was wondering how you were doing - I know the pool industry has fallen off quite a bit. Where exactly is this going to be?

personally, i like the multi-colored block. i would leave it like it is, but thats just me. i can t wait to build me a shop once i get outta school and offa this rental property

Truss man showed up today with a delivery. Guess I am running out of excuses to get to work!
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Shop_2011_09_20_13_12_06_68.jpg

Where exactly is this going to be?
New shop is just up the road less than a mile from you. When I get everything done, I'll let everyone know. Might do an "open shop" day with some food and beverages:beer:

6/12 pitch? Hard to tell from the pictures. My new addition was 4/12 and that's as steep a pitch as I feel comfortable on! (I'm a wuss)

got the floor poured last week. I sat the trusses this morning and started sheeting. Goes slow with only 2 people. Hopefully get it sheeted and felt on it this weekend so I can roof next week since the extended forecast looks good.
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Shop_2011_10_21_16_36_20_490.jpg

ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_Shop_2011_10_21_11_01_12_998.jpg

Back