Recon H3 build

That is a pretty cool H3. So that uses Evo's cantilever setup off the JKs in the rear huh.....how do you like it.
We've thought about building a H3 similar to yours the last couple months

The Evo-Lever setup is perfect for the H3 due to lack of space for long travel shocks in the rear. Very smooth ride. Still ironing out some small issues ORE left unfinished so I haven't had the chance to try it out on anything hardcore.

Great to meet you this weekend man we need to wheel again for sure!

Most definitely. Except for a couple of small things, everything was working great. Sorry I had to take off in such a rush.

Its all good we gad to swap out both front shafts in Stevens jeep.

Well I'm finally back for good now. I'll be traveling occasionally, but nothing like before. Whilst on my last trip overseas, I started planning upgrading to 40s and 5.38 gears. Ordered everything and setup appointments for installs the day after I arrived. First stop was East Coast Gear Supply for the 5.38 gears. The day after that, it was down the road to the Raleigh 4Wheel Parts for the 40s! Greg was hating me since I run the Hutchinson beadlocks. ;)

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y109_CanaryLupo_Recon_20H3_20Projeca0c8a757149619596b77b4ac0b09023a.jpg

It took two hours to do the first wheel. After that it was just under an hour per wheel.

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y109_CanaryLupo_Recon_20H3_20Projecd6c7686896ae9d40dd90c36c72c9fe4a.jpg

Done! Here it is sitting on 40s!

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y109_CanaryLupo_Recon_20H3_20Projece9081beb3d52224d5ac4611f62c01b93.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y109_CanaryLupo_Recon_20H3_20Projecfe23ec0f0f123fa36ea59488dee806b3.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y109_CanaryLupo_Recon_20H3_20Projec80d4f41defa75ce64d6fe998c286a9dd.jpg

Immediately ramped it to see if it's rubbing. I hit 1100 without deflating the tires or running lockers!!! Even the spare sits perfectly.

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y109_CanaryLupo_Recon_20H3_20Projecf4e2cc0e519bc62fdea7fcbafeebc3e2.jpg

Front wheel fits perfectly. No rubbing anywhere.
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y109_CanaryLupo_Recon_20H3_20Projec2030e35dab69172ba0dbec60a8a60e49.jpg

The rear is a tight fit but the rubbing is very minimal. With some centering I can get it right on. :D

Latest update. The guys at East Coast Gear Supply have had the truck for three days. First swapping the steering ball joints to some ProSteer ones. The original ones were starting to get loose and these are supposed to be bombproof! Diff oil was changed since I had the R&P swapped out about 700 miles earlier. Rear brake hose was also swapped for a longer one. The one that was on there was really a little too tight and I didn't want to risk anything. The biggest thing they did was adjust all the control arms. One to center the 40s in the wheel well, and second to square both axles. Now they're both pointing in the same direction. :D The rear axle was pushed slightly more back than center. This was done to completely clear the plastic fenders pieces in the front portion. Like this, it's only rubbing on the rear ARB bumper. Next step is to remove rear ARB and move it slightly backwards. When this gets done, there will be zero rubbing. Here's a pic ECGS put on their Facebook page when they were adjusting the control arms and checking.
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y109_CanaryLupo_Recon_20H3_20Projec48785a3ced7a11a048a824cf13e4b3c7.jpg

I asked them why they didn't ramp it more since it can do 1100? They said they were scared to roll it. :) THANKS ECGS!

Very cool! Only H3 I have seen on 4Ds. Love it!

-Jay

Thanks Jay. It's been a long road. Nearly there! I've actually seen ones with 42s and 44s but they were show trucks that never got wheeled. Plan to tests it this weekend at URE.

What day you going to be out there ?

Going up for the day Saturday and would love to see what this thing can do on Daniel / Kodak.

Saturday. Want to meet up at Outpost? I'll be there around 09:00.

Glad to see your back man. You wheeling this weekend?

Sure am man see ya sat

Dude s**t me out a couple of those gold eggs you obviously have...lol

Rig looked awesome man, I was the one at ecgs talkin to you before you left.

It was cool to meet you. Always looking to meet up with forum members. Sorry I couldn't hang any longer but I had to go pick up my son.

Bring this bad boy out to the veterans ride, will be alot of guys that would love to see it!

I was planning on it. Only thing that would stop me is if I have to go out of town.

Well I met Zack (biggoofy) at the Eldorado Outpost on Saturday for a test session.

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y109_CanaryLupo_Uwharrie_2015_9_12_b5f417de8f07238d6def30898dca0532.jpg

Airing down at the base of Daniel before heading out. I had to remove my airbag fuse since H3 are notorious on going off at extreme angles. Man how I hate all this electronics. I miss the simplicity of my TJ!

Back