Random pic thread.

BTW. .. you haven't lived until you have gotten stitches in your eyeball. While you are awake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
My dad has to get a shot in his eye every so often and a lot of times his eye will look about that bad.He says the worst part is seeing it coming and knowing you cant move blink or nothing.Plus the loud pop it makes when they stick it in.

My dad has to get a shot in his eye every so often and a lot of times his eye will look about that bad.He says the worst part is seeing it coming and knowing you cant move blink or nothing.Plus the loud pop it makes when they stick it in.
Soooo... yeah.... I am severely myopic. A couple of years ago I developed a random macular bleed, got really lucky bc it was right in the center of my macula (central fovea) so I could see the spot.
After a few exams and other treatment, learned he best approach was Lucentis - a direct scleral injection. Monthly. For like a year. Then back off to every couple of months, then semi-annual, now just monitoring.
Definitely the freakiest part is that you can literally see the blob of material after the injection... first a little circle, then slowly expanding and dissipating.
Oh, and to maintain constant pressure (sicne material is being added) they'd suck out a tiny bit of vitrious humor first... which slightly deflates the eye... which changes the optics... so the whole world shifts like 5 deg.
In my case the injection itself was fine pain-wise, it was the itching from the iodine that sucked ballllzzz later.

Soooo... yeah.... I am severely myopic. A couple of years ago I developed a random macular bleed, got really lucky bc it was right in the center of my macula (central fovea) so I could see the spot.
After a few exams and other treatment, learned he best approach was Lucentis - a direct scleral injection. Monthly. For like a year. Then back off to every couple of months, then semi-annual, now just monitoring.
Definitely the freakiest part is that you can literally see the blob of material after the injection... first a little circle, then slowly expanding and dissipating.
Oh, and to maintain constant pressure (sicne material is being added) they'd suck out a tiny bit of vitrious humor first... which slightly deflates the eye... which changes the optics... so the whole world shifts like 5 deg.
In my case the injection itself was fine pain-wise, it was the itching from the iodine that sucked ballllzzz later.
Dad wore glasses forever,then back in the mid 90's or so he had lasik surgery and was glasses free for several years.Sometime in the 2000's his eye sight started getting bad again and that put him back in a pair of glasses.IIRC the shots are part of the treatment for macular degeneration.

That's why I post something like this. We all go thru some serious crap. Not alone in those experiences. Usually my pain pales to what others go thru. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I post something like this. We all go thru some serious crap. Not alone in those experiences. Usually my pain pales to what others go thru. Thanks guys

Didn't mean it that way at all,I wasn't tryin to diminish what your goin thru in the least.Years ago I was cutting a 60 out of a truck and a piece of hot metal/spark hit me in the eye.Tonya tried to get me to go to the hospital but I wouldn't.It put a spot on my eye and took about two weeks to go away.In hindsight I should have went.

We all go thru some serious crap. Not alone in those experiences. Usually my pain pales to what others go thru.

There but for the grace of God go I.

I have to take my mom to get her hair done every week. The woman who has the appointment right before my mom is about my age. The same week I had my eye injury, she had a similar injury. She went to the same place (Carolina Eye), had the same doctor as me, pretty much the same procedures over the same time period. I came out pretty good....went from 20/20 in right eye to about 20/25, and lost a little peripheral vision. She came out of it about 20/200, and had really bad double vision, that took additional surgery to partially correct.

A PSA before getting back to random pics....

Risk factors for a retinal detachment: (I hit 5 out of 7)
  • Aging — retinal detachment is more common in people over age 50 (check)
  • Previous retinal detachment in one eye (check)
  • A family history of retinal detachment
  • Extreme nearsightedness (myopia) (check)
  • Previous eye surgery, such as cataract removal (check)
  • Previous severe eye injury (check)
  • Previous other eye disease or inflammation

Didn't mean it that way at all,I wasn't tryin to diminish what your goin thru in the least.Years ago I was cutting a 60 out of a truck and a piece of hot metal/spark hit me in the eye.Tonya tried to get me to go to the hospital but I wouldn't.It put a spot on my eye and took about two weeks to go away.In hindsight I should have went.

No, I got that. Was just saying that we've all got stuff going on. Hindsight. Yea!

A PSA before getting back to random pics....

Risk factors for a retinal detachment: (I hit 5 out of 7)
  • Aging — retinal detachment is more common in people over age 50 (check)
  • Previous retinal detachment in one eye (check)
  • A family history of retinal detachment
  • Extreme nearsightedness (myopia) (check)
  • Previous eye surgery, such as cataract removal (check)
  • Previous severe eye injury (check)
  • Previous other eye disease or inflammation

Also trauma. I may have exacerbated the problem as I'm also wearing an ankle boot due to strained tendons and have taken a couple spills. Didn't seem like an issue at the time but... Doc says no but gotta wonder. Lesson is always talk to the Doc so they can use that gazillion dollar education to help.

OK back to fun stuff.
0705da95fa0a13eee85eb4899b179244.jpg

I ain't saying that's me but it seems familiar!

I hope they fixed it and your other eye is healthy. I've always wished If I was going to lose something, eyesight would be the last on my list. My FIL has recently become legally blind and now is quite depressed.

Last edited:
I hope they fixed it and your other eye is healthy. I've always wished If I was going to lose something, eyesight would be the last on my list. My FIL has recently become legally blind and now is quite depressed.
As I get older I see this a lot more.Old men,who were always able to come and go as they want and spent most of their lives outside working w their hands,have some medical issue that doesn't allow them to do those things any more.I can see how it would be depressing and I figure my day is coming too,they say the worse part is that your mind still wants too but your body wont cooperate.

As I get older I see this a lot more.Old men,who were always able to come and go as they want and spent most of their lives outside working w their hands,have some medical issue that doesn't allow them to do those things any more.I can see how it would be depressing and I figure my day is coming too,they say the worse part is that your mind still wants too but your body wont cooperate.
I see this with my dad. He still thinks he can cut bust and load wood but after five minutes he is in the truck, he's been beat down and the last couple of years have really took a toll on him

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I see this with my dad. He still thinks he can cut bust and load wood but after five minutes he is in the truck, he's been beat down and the last couple of years have really took a toll on him

A few years ago a tornado came thru the county I live in and killed my BIL's,FIL.We all went out to help clean up and salvage what we could and in the process MY FIL got cut pretty bad off some old tin.The cut healed but he wound up w Mersa.He got bad sick and was down for over a year,it about killed him before they figured it out.He's one of those old guys,been a contractor all of his life and then all of a sudden he was pretty much bed ridden.He never spoke of it but I'm sure he dealt w some depression.

A few years ago a tornado came thru the county I live in and killed my BIL's,FIL.We all went out to help clean up and salvage what we could and in the process MY FIL got cut pretty bad off some old tin.The cut healed but he wound up w Mersa.He got bad sick and was down for over a year,it about killed him before they figured it out.He's one of those old guys,been a contractor all of his life and then all of a sudden he was pretty much bed ridden.He never spoke of it but I'm sure he dealt w some depression.
Basically same thing about 5 years ago dad passed out took him to hospital he had to have several blood transfusions doctors couldnt figure out why he was missing so much blood, told him he had all kinds of diseases. And he finally said the hell with it I'll die when I die. Hes been pretty bad off since then. Last year he fell off a roof and broke both his legs and he's still trying to get back from that which I don't think he ever will. He use to weigh 260-280 now he barely breaks 110-120

This. My dad from the late 70s when he got out of the Coast guard had a black belt in martial arts and lived for camping and hiking all the way until about 10 years ago when he hit the wall at age 53. Right now he needs two hips replaced and gout so bad he can hardly move. In his mind he can still flat foot kick a 7' tall basketball player straight in the face, clear a bar out all by himself and sleep with four women at a time. Physically, no. He'll tell anyone straight up that had it not been for alcohol, strictly meat diet and generally overextending his body, he'd still be the badass he was 30 years ago.

Basically same thing about 5 years ago dad passed out took him to hospital he had to have several blood transfusions doctors couldnt figure out why he was missing so much blood, told him he had all kinds of diseases. And he finally said the hell with it I'll die when I die. Hes been pretty bad off since then. Last year he fell off a roof and broke both his legs and he's still trying to get back from that which I don't think he ever will. He use to weigh 260-280 now he barely breaks 110-120

The guy that has done all my gears in the past had the same issue w loosing blood,turns out he has Lukemia.

Map of every river basin in the US. No wonder the Mississippi is so dang big.
3995911F00000578-0-image-m-8_1477066318087.jpg

Back