Project dirt dobber

Thanks man. It's not what I would have built to start with but it'll do for now. I have to angle the lower portion of frame where you see it close. Not a big deal. But will need to happen . Cleaning up loose ends on it and got my brake parts in from kegs. So I'll be stopping as good as I'm going on the trails. Lol not used to that. My brakes have sucked for a while. It'll be good to have a firm petal. I am running a proportioning adjustable valve and a residual 10lb check valve on the rear drums. What do y'all think?

I
Maybe from droop :cool:.... You better cut that frame, and plate it in bro
now man , I mentioned it a couple post ago. I have worked on it. Got to do some tubing to strengthen the rear and mount my propane tank and ammo storage cans.
ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_IMAG3095_zps203cc789.jpg

Well I got a lot of work done tonight. Got all the tubing welded in. Cross member made for the frame section. Propane tank mounted. Hard brake line bent. And ready to be mounted. So it coming together .

ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_IMAG3114_zps5c88325d.jpg

ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_IMAG3120_zpsda8878d4.jpg

ai1052.photobucket.com_albums_s455_orv_design_fab_IMAG3123_zps5082450a.jpg

Redesigned my upper shock mounts. And ran all new brake lines and connected hard lines with soft lines from ECGS. Looks great. Installed new master cylinder. And we have stiff pedal. haven't had that in a long time. So it's on to fluids and other stuff to clean it up for the trailer.

Getting to power wash the buggy here in The next day or so. It has an inch thick coat of mud over the whole buggy. I am going to mount my cb and start building a battery box for the rear of the buggy. Behind the pass seat. The trans tunnel cannot take theabuse of the weight . Sure am glad to have the 4 link done and it does really well. My buddy got his buggy home from marsfab so I'll be over there and going to help him with the next parts of getting it on the trail. He says he s going to get it going for Nov.

Thanks for the pic. Very cool seeing the different stages it has been thro the years. I took it for the day with the wife last weekend. Had a good time and enjoyed spending time on the trail with my wife. I'm going to start taking my children soon. Getting a suspension booster seat to add for the pass. On the fab side. I HAVE TO FINISH MY SIDE PANELS...soon, Very soon.

My turbo manifold came in the mail. It's a factory unit but should do fine. I am going to run an adapter to mount an external wastegate to regulate boost to 7psi. The factory setting on the mitzu gst turbo is 12psi or so. So I am going to detune it to save my head gasket, MLS gasket will be bought as well as arp head studs.

After I got a few issues worked out I've been running 11lbs consistently without issue. RET engine, CT20:eek: with studs and an RE head, unknown scary compression but if it's held together this long......

Last edited:
Back