[Nov 5, 2015] 5th Annual Veterans Ride (eldarado nc)

i will be down for sure

IMG_20150929_204511755.jpg

Finished a stone for the memorial rock garden, wanted to share this one, the Iraq campaign ribbon. I had never painted stone before , it took some time!

Like last year my Dad a Marine Vietnam Vet is planning on joining us he really enjoyed coming last year! Do we need to RSVP not sure how to do that? Thanks to all for hard work that goes into organizing this it means a lot to Veterans!

Thank You, to Rich Andres and Toyota Material Handling of Northern Califonia for a very generous donation of 200$, 40 meals ,to help feed all veterans at this years ride for free. I am blown away by you generosity, THANK YOU

If any one else would like to help make sure all veterans get a free meal that day please let myself or @snappy know. All moneys from food are going to Cub Scout pack 509 from Farmer Nc. No personall profit of any kind.
Again, thank you Rich, Semper Fi Brother!!!

Last edited:
Jason,sounds like this years event is gonna be a good one again.Unfortunatly,Nellie Belle and myself won't be along for the ride this year. We are assaulting the bastion of Ft.Branch ( 50 miles NE of greenville on the Roanoke river) that same weekend. If it's any concellation(sp), we go Federal and fail miserably in our attempts to wrestle the fort from the defending Confederate forces.

Do you need folks to sign up to take the Vets out? I will have an empty seat as long as they don't mind riding with a old lady and her Chihuahua.....

The Carolina Trail Blazers will be meeting in the outpost parking lot at 9am sat morning, anyone that needs a ride or would like to offer an open seat should meet up there.

Dinner will start at 2pm, raffle starts at 3.30, and will continue into the dedication ceremony.

Awesome, can't wait Brent. We are ready with open arms and open seats!

And good news, its a ways out but for now we are looking really good on weather, 70s for high temps and no rain. Anyone remember the first year, it was 16dg that sat morn.

Preparing the camper this weekend so we'll be ready to roll out Friday morning. I will have 25 cases of water available for everyone to drink, not gonna charge but 100% of donations will be give to the cause. They will be set up by the auction area for people to grab.

Back