'Lovesick, Broke and Driftin'

Im seriously considering building one of these. Been looking for an excuse to buy a bender and this fits the bill along with my '54 and some changes to the Jeep I need to do. Think I might try a dirtbike motor on it, wonder if a 450 will be too much?

Block looks good man, cant wait to see the chassis PC'd. Any decision on color yet?

I don't think you can really overpower one of these things. I bought a go kart off of here awhile back and put a predator motor on it and had great hopes of building it for my little girl but she rolled it pretty hard in stock form and broke/bent up the cage in stock form so mama said hells to the no on a built one. I just wanted to mess with one of these OHV motors so i decided to build this one for my trike. I have always built Briggs and Tecumseh flatheads so it is new to me. On the color I am still kinda stuck on satin black with red and white old school pinstriping. My goal is to hoon my brother-in-laws neighborhood on thanksgiving giving day with this thing and I don't feel that is unrealistic. @hempinfool told me they are having a drift trike demo at the Capitol City BikeFest this weekend.(not planning on going but if anybody does post up some trike pics here)
Capital City Bikefest - Motorcycle Rally in Raleigh, NC - HOME PAGE

Me too bro. We will get on them as soon as I get back.

We " me and infamous1 " went to the Ray Price Expo at the Convention Center today. There were a few Drift Trike " Manufactures " in attendance and the prices they were quoting were insane. One guy had a $2500 starting price and you could get over 5K with ease. They looked cool but I would think someone could beat that price and still make some serious change. Just too bad I'm old and stupid.....

Hey where did yall source the axle/tires?
BMI Karting sells a kit for the rear, that's where I purchased mine. I think you could do better hooking up with a cart racer and buying their "outdated" stuff to build a new one. I would like to find a source for the fronts, I think it sucks to buy a new bike just for the tire and forks. I really enjoyed talking to some of the builders at the expo and garnered some ideas also. The SFD guys are cool, talked trikes with me (complimented me on my build, probly felt sorry for me) and even gave my little one a cool sticker. I recommend these guys for anybody wanting a RTR they have a quality product.

Saw this on the book of faces....
FB_IMG_1443443155326.jpg

Picked it up this past saturday, first class fab work all the way from @kyleg336. I mounted the engine last nite and started mockup for cable lengths and whatnot. I plan on taking the front wheel to the bike shop today to have the disc brake hub laced. I can actually see the wrec.........I mean light at the end of the tunnel.

Some updates.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1449671592679.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449671592679.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 346
  • uploadfromtaptalk1449671602362.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449671602362.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 416
  • uploadfromtaptalk1449671612142.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449671612142.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 345
  • uploadfromtaptalk1449671623288.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449671623288.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 362
  • uploadfromtaptalk1449671655100.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449671655100.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 341
I broke the engine in on the stand last night, turns up hard and fast with a slightly choppy idle. I think I will be satisfied with the power and with the muffler its not "too" loud.It does make a cool blue "cone" at the tip under hard free pulls with minimal popping. I also took the front hub and rim over to Pittsboro Bicycles, Eddie is a cool dude and seems to know his stuff on bicycles, we shall see. Waiting on the throttle cable and some wider PVC sleeves (one on it now is too narrow and pavement contacts the tire also) and I may do a little drifting.

Ready to sell it to me yet?

haha not quite!!, I honestly do not have a place to ride it without hauling it or riding it on the highway. That being said,my insurance ER co-pay is $500 so I will keep your offer in mind for bail monies or a co-pay.

haha not quite!!, I honestly do not have a place to ride it without hauling it or riding it on the highway. That being said,my insurance ER co-pay is $500 so I will keep your offer in mind for bail monies or a co-pay.

Haha, I really need to buy another welder and build one of these.

well got it moving under its own power, rode it in the yard and then Emma (my 8 y/o) convinced me to turn it loose in the shop LOL, she is not a very good videographer and actually heckled me at one point. It still has a little tuning left and needs front brakes but it is driftable at this point.

Attachments

• Outlook.com(1).zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 308
Well no actual updates but I did just get a text from the bike shop and my disc brake front wheel is ready. I found out with as much distance as I had between the rear axle mounts that i was getting a fair amount of flex, enough to slip the chain off under hard accel. I plan on adding at least one more axle support and mounting the catch can and it should be ready for powder and to be considered complete.

Back