Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

Mainly tow/haul this kinda stuff around any more:

awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_587_medium_image44.jpeg

awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_587_medium_image45.jpeg

awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_587_image46.jpeg

awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_587_medium_image88.jpeg

With whatever is handiest:
awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_587_medium_IMG_8222_1_.JPG

awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_587_medium_RV4.jpg

awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_587_medium_image91.jpeg

awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_587_medium_image90.jpeg

awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_587_medium_image87.jpeg

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160801_e4c0c93effc9caa36b310fd63197d8f4.jpg

Clubbs 2007 3/4ton Cummins dodge pulling our tractor around...close to 26,000 tractor and trailer, makes about 35k gross.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Clubbs 2007 3/4ton Cummins dodge pulling our tractor around...close to 26,000 tractor and trailer

dodge2500.jpg

What's the worst that can happen if a diesel bear stops you and puts you on scales and you're 9,000 over what the trucks rated for? (regardless of tags)

Or do they ONLY care how much tag you pay for?

@shawn you have any idea?

Just curious

Given the factory rating is only +/-17,000
View attachment 224955

What's the worst that can happen if a diesel bear stops you and puts you on scales and you're 9,000 over what the trucks rated for? (regardless of tags)

We only did that tractor once, North Carolina only seems to care how much of a plate you have paid for. ( which as a CDL holder I find astonishing )

We only did that tractor once

Oh I wasn't being critical...that just sparked a question I had long ago, then seeing @anvilrubi's F150 squatting from that gooseneck made me think to ask this here

Oh I wasn't being critical...that just sparked a question I had long ago, then seeing @anvilrubi's F150 squatting from that gooseneck made me think to ask this here
That was my cousin in laws truck he has farm tags. The dmv office here has always told me I could put whatever weight I wanted to on any truck this maybe wrong but I had my 11 z71 weighted to pull 14k

Box of tobacco weighs about 2500 trailer probablly weighs 3000, 5 boxes of tobacco on a 3000 trailer with f150s all tobacco season long.

Last edited:
View attachment 224955

Just curious

A lot of those numbers are driven by federal regulations on truck "class" designations. In order to be considered a 3/4 ton truck, the truck can't gross more than like 8800 or 9k pounds. Based on those numbers, you might have a 3/4 ton diesel truck that only has a payload capacity of 1200 pounds. But based on the axle ratings on the door sticker, you might be able to gross up to 11,500. NC has a provision to allow a truck to carry more weight if it's been modified to do so. The axles and brakes are the same as the DRW truck of the same year, so add some aftermarket tires and airbags, and now you're good for maybe 12,500 gross. Then hook a trailer to it, etc.

The "towing capacity" numbers used to be generated by the manufacturers. It was a marketing number, regulated to some extent by their attorneys. Nowadays, everybody's supposed to abide by an SAE standard. It's driven by performance capabilities of a stock truck, though.

SUPERmodel might be a stretch. They're busy chasing these guys with deep enough pockets to show up on a new car lot and test drive trucks that cost more than my first house :flipoff2:

(Just jealous because my model-wife won't let me turn into stealerships :shaking: )

But, but, but you HAVE to tow with a diesel. Otherwise you'll never make it in one piece (while generating fuel uphill while picking up supermodels)
Nice truck buddy!

Crap! I better take it back.

I did try to be like this dude I know that slings a lot of lumber and axles. But nobody was willing to deal on a 2500 Tradesman with a 6spd. Flatbiller tax, man. Making the common man settle for a 1/2 ton. :lol:

Crap! I better take it back.

I did try to be like this dude I know that slings a lot of lumber and axles. But nobody was willing to deal on a 2500 Tradesman with a 6spd. Flatbiller tax, man. Making the common man settle for a 1/2 ton. :lol:

Everything I own has a pricetag attached to it...
Well, Jasper aside anyway.

I picked up this little fella on Saturday
ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_ROCKWELLEDTOYOTA_IMG_20160806_112824_zps2lf0zkdv.jpg
44' pace 10' tall.

Attachments

• ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_ROCKWELLEDTOYOTA_IMG_20160806_112633_zpsat1nlzxz.jpg
    ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_ROCKWELLEDTOYOTA_IMG_20160806_112633_zpsat1nlzxz.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 246
  • ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_ROCKWELLEDTOYOTA_IMG_20160806_112633_zpsat1nlzxz.jpg
    ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_ROCKWELLEDTOYOTA_IMG_20160806_112633_zpsat1nlzxz.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 325
Sure was. Headed to the NCHSA race at Lost Valley/Rockhouse.
Saw you in statesville as I was getting on I40. I was in the brown Chevy pulling an empty trailer.

Good looking truck. I really like that color.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Saw you in statesville as I was getting on I40. I was in the brown Chevy pulling an empty trailer.

Good looking truck. I really like that color.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I think I remember that. I'm usually too focused on how shittastic that section of highway is. lol.

Thanks. I dig the color pretty good too. It's nice not seeing it on every corner like I do every other silver, white or black Silverado.

Did you get that from hgr Trailer Sales? Or maybe from a guy named Bill down in Beaufort North Carolina?

Negative. I got it in Salisbury. Private seller.

Purchased f250 a few weeks ago went from a 05 duramax to 09 powerstroke

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 523
Back