Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

Here is my newest tow pig.

-Oshkosh
-Cummins 12 valve turbo with Allison four speed automatic.
-6000 watt Honda liquid cooled generator
-two a/c units w/ heat
-propane furnace
-18' awning
-awesome scene lighting (to work on the jeep in the dark)
-18' of living space

I may be slow but I'll eventually get there.
IMG_20151205_161134652_HDR.jpg

aimages.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_12_20_81a1214e41bf924aaa8e8cb363404ec4.jpg

My new tow rig loaded up to hit ure thanksgiving weekend.

Here is my newest tow pig.

-Oshkosh
-Cummins 12 valve turbo with Allison four speed automatic.
-6000 watt Honda liquid cooled generator
-two a/c units w/ heat
-propane furnace
-18' awning
-awesome scene lighting (to work on the jeep in the dark)
-18' of living space

I may be slow but I'll eventually get there.View attachment 204630

You know good and well you can get some more power out of that 12 valve! :driver: Nothing too serious that would kill the transmission or make EGTs go crazy though, but cheap and reliable power!

You know good and well you can get some more power out of that 12 valve! :driver: Nothing too serious that would kill the transmission or make EGTs go crazy though, but cheap and reliable power!

I'm sure hoping to. I'll have to do some serious studying or let someone that knows 12valves do it.
Right now while pulling the jeep I'm right at 60 mph on the flats and it goes down from there. Lol. I did pull one pretty good long hill on the interstate and I dropped to 47 mph which wasn't as bad as I thought.

Old tow rig and the new tow rig. Pulling my '13 T&W 16' Car Hauler. Added a toolbox and mounted a winch inside to keep it out of the elements.

'92 GMC C1500 with the 350 did a good job around town pulling light loads, and on the flats on interstate. A lot better than I expected.

image.jpg

'07 F250 Lariat Outlaw with the 6.0. Has had a few upgrades.

image.jpg

Current work setup: 2016 RAM 3500 with 8 ton PJ trailer.

Attachments

• RAM3500_SHM_1.jpg
    RAM3500_SHM_1.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 337
  • RAM3500_SHM_2.jpg
    RAM3500_SHM_2.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 331
98 Ram 2500 12 valve auto. 2012 D&E 18ft all steel car hauler 5,000 lb axles with dovetail. Picked up the sami this past week from a guy in Black Mountain

Attachments

• IMG_20160127_214814201.jpg
    IMG_20160127_214814201.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 322
Keep an eye on your trailers frame with that thing on there. Seen a couple 5vers at the beach that were damaged from using those.

Keep an eye on your trailers frame with that thing on there. Seen a couple 5vers at the beach that were damaged from using those.

I'm not sure how most hook up to the frames. This one I built I have 2 receiver hitches mounted to each side of the frame. what kind of problems did they have?

Frames cracked at rear after spring hangers from added stress. They just weren't designed to have that stress put on them. Couple of guys also said it screwed with there pin weight causing a lot of chucking.

I talked to eveybody I saw with one for a couple years because me and the wife had found a Sierra 5ver we liked but wanted to carry the golf cart still. After a lot of research we decided to just go with a toyhauler.

I'm not saying you'll have problems or that you're gonna kill a bus load of nuns I just wanted to make you aware so you can keep an eye on things.

i may reinforce the frame up farther. I also thought about adding another wheel in the front so the camper isn't really holding any extra weight. I pulled it last Sunday for first time and I just feel it swaying more I plan to fill the fresh tank and add some more weight to the front try and balance it back out

Yeah something to get the pin weight back to normal will probably help a lot with ride quality.

I like your setup how it lifts up out of the way instead of unhooking and taking up extra room at campsites.

No frame stretch. I'm just doing the bare minimum to register it as a mh for insurance/registration purposes. I'll be pulling my toys with it.

Back