Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

I didn't buy a sweet tow rig and trailer NOT to wheel every weekend!

IMG_20150530_174436363.jpg

16800# plus whatever a box of Milk Duds and an orange Gatorade weighs.

Here's mine. 2004 2500 avalanche

Hauling my great aunts truck to the shop. They ordered it with the 460. Got it running the same weekend. Had too much tongue weight. She passed away this year just before her 98th birthday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434423984.062150.jpg

Here it is picking up my 94 4runner from long term storage from my
Friends house.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434424045.936837.jpg

Added some air bags to the tow rig to keep it from having the Carolina squat or saggy ass. Whatever the hipsters are calling it these days. The more miles I put on this PJ trailer the more I like it. It pulls absolutely awesome. I might add some gears to counter the bigger tires though. It really likes to pull at 75-80 because it's around 1500-1600 Rpm. Some roads that's fine but in reality it's probably just a tad fast.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Added some air bags to the tow rig to keep it from having the Carolina squat or saggy ass. Whatever the hipsters are calling it these days. The more miles I put on this PJ trailer the more I like it. It pulls absolutely awesome. I might add some gears to counter the bigger tires though. It really likes to pull at 75-80 because it's around 1500-1600 Rpm. Some roads that's fine but in reality it's probably just a tad fast.

Nice setup. What's the jack on the rear of the trailer for?

Nice setup. What's the jack on the rear of the trailer for?

If you are unhooked you can use them to support the back of the trailer with a load on it or for unloading and loading. I haven't used them and probably never will. I need to just take them off.

Yeah, I sorta figured. Not a bad idea for just supporting it with a load, but 9 times out of 10 the load would be slightly towards the front, and wouldn't need it.

If you are unhooked you can use them to support the back of the trailer with a load on it or for unloading and loading. I haven't used them and probably never will. I need to just take them off.
Yeah, I sorta figured. Not a bad idea for just supporting it with a load, but 9 times out of 10 the load would be slightly towards the front, and wouldn't need it.

It all really depends on the balance of the trailer. It can help with vehicle rear suspension unloading. As mentioned, mainly you can load/unload the trailer without it being hooked up.

I guess you could also extend all the jacks and potentially get all the tires off the ground when being stored?

Here's mine. 2004 2500 avalanche

Did I read somewhere that these are actually incredible haulers? What mpg do you get while towing and what is the max weight you can haul?

Looks good!

Loaded my Jk up on the new trailer for the first time today, got straps set and a test drive. Weighed in at 13,600 lbs. The trailer is from trt trailers, 10,000lb frame 5,000 lb axles, brakes on both. I am very satisfied with how the 6.0 gasser Chevy pulls and the trailer pulls great.

It all really depends on the balance of the trailer. It can help with vehicle rear suspension unloading.

There are quite a few people that have f'd up their tow rigs by trying to load/unload when parked on a hill.

What do you have around your straps? Looks like zip ties.

I use removable zip ties to hold the extra strap in a bundle. If you primarily tow 1 thing, it allows to keep from having to wind up that extra strap every time. Many cut the strap short but I prefer having extra for other uses.

Back