[Jun 10, 2016] ROCK CORPS 4X4 hosts SFWDA for an OPEN RIDE (Marion NC)

towing my pile up for the weekend, bring plenty of water, its going to be a hot one !! and I don't want to jinx it no rain !!!!, ( :D:DDon't invite Carolina Wheelers)

Loaded and ready to head up. :bounce:

Gonna be a hot and dry weekend, it looks like! Might have to go lay in the silt pond!:D

Will lunch be available for purchase there or do we need to pack our own? Last time I was here there was a grill going.

^^^^
Nice pic!

I made it today, sightly late, but in time to line up. I Did want the easy/moderate today, & got it. I was Surprised, how large the Shop is, & the number of trails, which is growing. Saw a lot of great Wheelers, & some old friends. Basically rode the loop or trail 1. With the Heat & Dust, I had all I could handle in one lap! Rock Corps did a great job today, & you got a Great place, which will only get Better! Thanks for the Tour, & the Fun! :driver:
[Picture, Not from the Shop]

Attachments

• Big Creek March 2015 013.JPG
    Big Creek March 2015 013.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 242
I made it today, sightly late, but in time to line up. I Did want the easy/moderate today, & got it. I was Surprised, how large the Shop is, & the number of trails, which is growing. Saw a lot of great Wheelers, & some old friends. Basically rode the loop or trail 1. With the Heat & Dust, I had all I could handle in one lap! Rock Corps did a great job today, & you got a Great place, which will only get Better! Thanks for the Tour, & the Fun! :driver:
[Picture, Not from the Shop]

Thanks Rodney, glad you got to come ride with us.

Glad to see everyone out at The SHOP yesterday! Awesome wheeling day. Not but not much humidity making for great dry conditions! (Except for the D&#% spring on Trail One. That is a persistent trouble spot) Hope everyone who came out had a great day!

Think there was a great SFWDA turnout. Glad to have them there.

Great eats from Tony Wilson and company! Thank You!
Great to see Chris and Heather and Logan back out! Buggy looks great!:rockon:

The last workday, last week...The Club really did a lot of clearing of felled trees on Rocky Slop. Thanks to Mike Carr for the equipment work up there. Would have been impossible to have cleaned it up as well as they did without his operator skills! And even as it degraded again by the end of the day, Trail One, at the exit of Carnage, would have been impassible.

Made it out of Monster Ally(sp!):bounce: Some crawling...lots of steering and throttle! That is a great trail. Hoping Biohazard, (rode with me!) got some pics of the others coming up the trail!
Grigg's show on Monster was epic!:burnout: But I think it cost him a transmission case!
Saw Woodchuck make it out of the bounty hill first thing in the morning. Heard he did it again later cuz they didn't believe he made it! (not the thing to tell Woodchuck! LOL)
A pillar is still claiming "A-Pillars"
That entire Hammer Hollow area is developing into a great series of hill climbs The rock is coming out and the trails get better each trip!
Had to ride 'down' Razorback clearing 3 or 4 felled trees and we were almost to the bottom, we came across a couple of rigs clearing a tree from the bottom! Looks like Razorback is getting more treacherous, as well! Thanks to Biohazard and Woodchuck for the bulk of the work. I could hardly stand on that incline!:shaking:
Didnt get the chance to go up Carnage this trip. Would like to have had time to go at it today! That's another trail that changes each ride as well!
Despite my best efforts...I didnt turn over, (although got really close on Sparky!:eek: Close enuff, a couple of times, I gave it up before I did land on my lid!:rolleyes:)
Other than a diff cover leak after the "Monster" run, I drove it on the trail at the end of the day!:driver:And the camper made it home with out any electrical fires this time!

Looking forward to the next one!

Had a great time. Up early and took a short ride. Did a lap up Rocky Slop before it dryed out, slung sammiches for a few hours and rode some more. Great time, thanks SFWDA and Rock Corps

Grigg's show on Monster was epic!:burnout: But I think it cost him a transmission case!

Thanks @ol'Jeeps . Total damage so far, busted transmission case, cut a side wall, bunch of body damage driver front, over heated the motor pretty bad, and had to pull cable. Safe to say monster ally whooped me! I'll be back for redemption!

Had a great trip myself too. Rocky slop was fun and gave a hell of a try on carnage but no luck making it further than the big guys lol. Thank you to those who helped guide me out of it.

Back