Honda Powered Buggy

rocktoy4me

Been working on this one for a while (2 years). Figure it is time to post some progress pics.

specs:
Honda JDM ZC to US auto transaxle
Toyota axles with 5.29's and all the go fast goodies
F/R steer
14" airshocks
39" Irocs
3 link front and rear
2 seater (as long as you like the passenger)

The air shock are not charge yet so it is at full bump in the photos, will have aprox. 6" of uptravel at ride hight and under 6' tall.

ai211.photobucket.com_albums_bb104_rocktoy4me_2010_05_05184155.jpg

ai211.photobucket.com_albums_bb104_rocktoy4me_2010_05_05184141.jpg

ai211.photobucket.com_albums_bb104_rocktoy4me_2010_05_05184405.jpg

Its about time! Looks like you've got a lot of work ahead of you if it's going to be ready for me to spin some donuts tomorrow night :flipoff2:

the design lines on this buggy are sick! This is the meanest looking Honda Powered buggy i've ever seen, I really like what you've done!

Hope you get this thing finished! :driver:

Radiator is about 6 to 8 inches behind the back of the seat and it blows towards the back for obvious reason. Hopefully it will be OK. Ran out of good places to put it that would get natural air flow and somewhat out of harms way.

Great looking Buggy

Any concern about the radiator being that close to the back of your head, as far as heat goes?

how do you plan on making the transmission last? the sohc auto trannies are extremely week...and there's no real upgrades for them since they're clutch pack trannies

Since I am real easy on all my toys I am sure it will be fine...

how do you plan on making the transmission last? the sohc auto trannies are extremely week...and there's no real upgrades for them since they're clutch pack trannies

it's not the throttle i see being an issue....more of the tires, and if it ever gets in a bind...it'll slip with the quickness. i know the b-series trannies are a tad bit more robust, and they have issues even holding stock power...with tiny little 205/50/15's in a 2100lb car... not trying to be discouraging, just stating facts..

Me being easy on the throttle/rig in general was a joke... I am not really worried about it either way, i have $25 in the transaxle with torque converter and all! If it breaks, i will swap in a manual. There are several guys out west running this exact drivetrain with no problems that i know of. It may work, it may not. Youtube "Lo-Budget Pimpin" if you are curious.

If you would have asked me 1 yr ago if i thought a GSXR 750 motor and trans would power a Zuk that gets the crap beat out of it in ECORS, i would have said, no way...

You have to remember the extra gearing in the axles takes a lot of pressure off the tranny itself. At least thats what i keep telling myself:rolleyes:

Thanks for the compliments and construction/destructive criticism from everyone. Cant wait to see if it works....or not:popcorn:

Some older MRW's i had laying around the shop... Little fresh paint goes a long way:rolleyes:

Fail. I doubt it will work.

It's come a long way since I got my chassis out of your way. Sick ride!

like the garage lean two. great idea.

ps you ready to rebuild mine???

that cage design is buck wild. cant wait to see it at ride height. and all flexed up. and crab walkin. haha. nice buggy

Back