[April 15-17] Rock Corp 4x4's first 2016 Open Ride at The SHOP

lol!

Team Redneck is locked and loaded. Both rigs are ready for battle.
We will be there about 2 pm, camping til Sunday in the motorhome from hell.
If you see a chick in a ls1 powered yj screaming up a hill climb, take pics and run like hell.
'Dre out...

Can't wait to see it Dr!

I had all hell break loose at my house and got my plans all in a mess.

Going to have to leave work extra early tomorrow to stay on schedule. :huggy:

Loaded up too, see everyone bright & early lol. Everyone have safe travels!

It's always a smaller crowd on Sunday. It's getting dusty but there are a lot of springs to water stuff down some.

I wish I could make this ride since it's my birthday weekend and I'm somewhat local.. hate having to work all weekend. Yall enjoy it and be safe.

WOW! What a day!

Thanks to everyone who came out and wheeled with us today. The SHOP is "breaking" in nicely!

My phone died Friday night so no pics from me.... so who's got the footage?

Like loganwayne said the Razr has one hell of a skinny pedal. Great day Wheelin, challenging trails, and a little breakage. Ended up ripping the track bar bracket almost all the way off where my steering ram was mounted to it.

Awesome time out there today. Carnage earned its name for sure. Much Thanks to all the volunteers that got everything ready for this weekend. Made it through the whole day breakage free until the ride home, blew out a front tire on I40 (37" BFG). That was fun...

Had a good time. Thanks for hosting the ride. Got to do some wheeling (Jeep version but still fun) and check out some cool rigs. I enjoy being able to check out the buggies and chat with the owners, I love understanding the "how it's made" thing. One of the guys in our group got hung up on that rock on 1 in the one way only section (stock height Cherokee) and another one violently removed the universal joint from a front axle on his JK at the same spot later in the day.

Great trip broke on last day but had fun all weekend got some good pointers on my rig and I am now ready for the ne. Work day

Here's the in cab video of taking the bounty hill. It was very steep!

Several RC folks were there filming too and shold be ableaving to provide another point of view sometime soon. The video is nowhere near a substitute for seeing it in person, it is VERY steep. Not only did he spank the bounty but 10 minutes later named a new trail No Fear

Last edited:
@GubNi , You've got a hell of rig! I tried in later in the day Saturday and it almost went real south, real quick. Some how saved it and realized I better quit while I was ahead.

Facebook

Last edited:
Had an AWESOME time Rock Corps!!! only broke a rear driveshaft on Pebbles Playground but I LOVED "Rocky Slop," it turned out to be my favorite trial so far. We would've tried Carnage but other rig with a winch broke so we couldn't attempt it..next time maybe.
Little video clip of Rocky Slop, video kinda sucks but it's ok for somethin lol...gotta give wife credit for trying to film after hoofin the mountain all weekend...bless her heart!! Thank you for the Invite and all the work done to make it fun.

This video is hilarious for those that don't know, Friday that part of the green was almost 2wd (able) but by saturday night, rigs on 35s locked f&r had to "finesse" their way through...oops lol. Looks like that part of the trail will need to be done different somehow....quite a few clogs during saturday as it got worse but other than that section, trails were pretty clear. amazing how quickly it got dug out!! (more work for you guys :D)

me and couple guys coming out of Rocky Slop...wife was darn tired by the time she got there, poor baby.

@GubNi , You've got a hell of rig! I tried in later in the day Saturday and it almost went real south, real quick. Some how saved it and realized I better quit while I was ahead.

Facebook

On my video you will see that I played on the hill for a few minutes. I was trying to get a feel for it. At first when I looked at it I thought I could crawl the right side, but the left rear dropped and it was almost vertical. I then went straight at the middle a few times and realized it was making me slide to the right. I'm not sure if that's what happened to you. So I finally went at a slight angle to the left so when the front slide right I was straight.

rear driveshaft from Pebbles playground....why yall call it pebbles????them ain't no pebbles LOL LOL first time in 18yrs I've seen this happen on my rig btw.
broken driveshaft.jpg
up Pebble hill.jpg

Back