91 dually 4x4 1ton suburban

k5ryannc

i bought the beast from my wife's cousin. it is in great shape. i really dont have to build it it was made this way from an aftermarket company but bought new like this from the dealer. my plans are to refine and update as money allows.

it has the tbi 350/4l60e/241 combo with d60f/d70r with 4.10s. it drives nice with this combo deep gears and overdrive are super nice. my only project here is pm and a deep pan for the trans.

first update is wheel/tire combo. it has 215s on it and the speedo is reading 55mph when my gps says 50 so bigger meats it is. bummer right :)

so after talking with my long time friend kyle (72rockcruiser) and he likes his 19.5s so i ordered some 245/70's and old bread truck wheels. they should be in/on next week.

Pics.... Love these chebbys.

100_3111.JPG
100_3112.JPG

Too freakin cool.

ive got an active family with 4 young kids and we love to explore the mountains. weve outgrown our 96 landcruiser with lockers so it was either this or an excursion. ive been a chevy man but i do love my father in laws excursion but i wanted something different and i think this fits the bill.

Awesome. +1 for 1 ton SUV not requiring weighted tags. What 245/70s are you going with? Did you look at the Treadwright MTR tread design retreads?

That things a beast. I didn't know they made such a thing
GM didn't. But there were conversions and homebrews out there. You can buy kits to do it to a 2012 if you wanted.

GC, i was warned about retreads so i bought new. they are dynatrac pd890's. it hurt to buy 7 but i want to do this while i have some money. and i try to do things halfway right the first time. im going nuts waiting for wheels but i have a friend helping me so i try and not be pushy.

100_3129.JPG

Nice build! Keep us posted!

finally got my wheels and im torn on what color. everyone does black but im thinkin match one of the body colors. dark or light grey. what do yenz think? i've been working crazy overtime and i've only got this one done. ill get the rest done next week. and with the help from coworker the ac is blowing cold again front and back!!!!!

Freakin sweet. A set of 19.5s should last well over 100,000 miles on that jewel too.

Back