91 dually 4x4 1ton suburban

drove up to boone today and logged about 160 miles total. im impressed buy how surefooted the setup is. i think it might be time for some better shocks to handle the weight of the new tire/wheel combo.i ran them at about 80 psi.

100_3198.JPG
100_3197.JPG

That thing is just begging for a Cummins/NV4500 swap. Or maybe an NV5600 or G56...heck, maybe even an automatic!

Well....I do have a motor here at the house! I'd be honored if it was swapped in to that rig!

Ryan,

Suburban looks great! I'm also very glad to see the ole blue beast is still around (I see it peeking through the Suburban window)!!! Looking forward to seeing a Cummins swap in the Sub!

logged another 500 miles on the setup.35 gallons of fuel up in the mountains fully loaded inside for 6 people for 5 days!! i love it more every time we use it. several miles of 7%, 9%, and 12% percent grades and it just chugged along. croatan kid a pm is comin your way!!

100_3206.JPG
100_3207.JPG

back from the dead. well coming back from our trip to the mountains the intake gaskets decided to start leaking good enough to empty the overflow bottle and then some. so i decided to open pandoras box like i do best. so i pulled her in the shop and striped the intake off and found a valley full of goo. so my mister clean side came out cus i cant overlook it and just put it back together. i fill the drainback holes with plastic plugs and rags and get to work cleaning. i got her spotless and when to remove the plugs and for sure one when down the oil drain port on the front right side. i then did some pic resurch on google and thought i could get to it from dropping the oil pan. wrong imagine that the crank is in the way. so i pulled the front of the motor apart and finally got the sucker in the timing chain cover. so along the way i pulled the brackets off and got rid of the ruff edges and sandblasted them just because it takes longer and put a new double roller timing chain too. i hate to just redo stuff i have to make it better while im in there. they came out to good to paint. ok to much bla bla bla here are some pics.
Photo0684.jpg
Photo0691.jpg
Photo0688.jpg
Photo0687.jpg

Back