ZJ Build

So I got the front and rear shocks on...i'll pics of those sooner or later and got my brake lines straighten'd out. So I was bleeding my brakes last night and as soon as i looked at the driverside rear drum on my 14 bolt it was leaking brake fluid out the bottom of the drum. So i figured wheel cylinder right? I took the driverside drum off and to my surprise there was nothing inside the drum...just a bad wheel cylinder and the spindel....so that pissed me off since they guy i bought it from told me it had almost brand new brakes on it. Anyways, going to hopefully gear the 14b bolt this weekend, hook up the electiric fan, and go test it out!

If it starts with Jeep, I like it....looks really awesome..:beer:

Out in the open
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00741.jpg

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00757.jpg

Shocks are on....
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00748.jpg

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00749.jpg

Just waiting to finish gearing the rear end...then out to break it!

Yes those are plastic break lines...no it will not be driven on the road.

i dont understand? great build u over do everything best parts everywhere then u get some half assed brake lines :shaking:
For you chris :flipoff2: haha

But I have some very bad news.......the housing for my 14 bolt is F@#$'d. so i have to completely re-ro all the brackets and what not plus get a new rear axle...I have a message for the guy that sold me that axle...:fuck-you:

The reason it was messed up is because i was setting the gears...the back lash almost doubled from .003 to .012 in a half of a rotation from rotating the gears. Its like the entire housing is warped. I am furious.

dont know if anyone has mentioned it but those rear shocks are doing...very little to say the least, you have so much room why not move them outboard?

So we solved the problem with the 14 bolt and i took it out to test it out last night. Did great! But I REALLY need limit straps/bump stops...so i'll get on that. We were chasing rear coils all night last night.

dont know if anyone has mentioned it but those rear shocks are doing...very little to say the least, you have so much room why not move them outboard?

The rear shocks are doing fine. If you do the math putting them at that angle is only decreasing the dampening by 17% I think it was. The reason i can'tmove them out is because they will be too long for the travel that I am wanting.

Thanks Elliot, I might be able to by adjusting the arms out but probably no more than an inch or two further than it is. I'm thinking about backhalfing it later on down the road and if I do I'll end up bobbing it maybe 6" or so.

Haha I appreciate the offer but I'm more than likely going to leave the front with nothing and just put a peice of 2x3 with a shackle mount in the middle for the rear.

Been out testing it...I love it. The suspension is doing everything I wanted it to do. The only thing I'm not happy with is the steering, and I'll be fixing that by going to full hydro soon enough. But anyways heres some pics....stilll need some limit straps and a good way to tie in the coils to the frome side.
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00779.jpg

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00780.jpg

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00781.jpg

I did go up this....but the camera died...I'll try and get a cell phone vid of me going up another rock and slamming the front pass side into a tree :driver:. No more power mirror haha and some nice new dents.

dude dont listen to the nay-sayers, that plastic brake line is fine. tons of circle track and hot rodders run that stuff with no issues. search on pirate and there is a good discussion on it

Ya I talked to matt deas about it...he lives down here and comes and rides on that land with us sometimes and he said he wouldn't go any other way. Matt is 3 time champ of W.E. rock.

Looks good, tons of flex. Is the flex causing the steering issues? seen that on a few of my own. Love the hydro steering conversions I've done, in fact been spoiled by them.

Back