ZJ Build

The 14b looks like its about to drag the ground! You gonna pull it back out to do the shave? Is it a camera trick or is the drivers side rear spring got some bow to it?

sorry if it was mentioned before but how long are your rear lowers?
They are a tad longer than i would like them but they are like 44-45"
The 14b looks like its about to drag the ground! You gonna pull it back out to do the shave? Is it a camera trick or is the drivers side rear spring got some bow to it?
Ya I'm going to tear everything down still and paint it, so when all that is out im going to shave it. The coil does have aslight bow to...not to sure why but i'll try and straighten it out sooner or later.

Finished and painted...
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00416.jpg

Shaved...
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00413.jpg

Upper mount bracing...
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00410.jpg

Moved it and messed around...
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00422.jpg

Stump...
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00428.jpg

Those are 2 of the 4 37" radial ssr's that are on the rear...bald as shit too...but they will be good for rollers and makin some fender cuts...

Alright so I started tearing doen the 44 front heres a couple pics...ordering an aussie this week and as soon as that comes in i'll be throwing the new carrier, gears and locker in! Woo who! Anyways...
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00474.jpg

stock stuff..
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00476.jpg

Oops...dropped it.
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00477.jpg

. Only thing to do really on the 44 is get all the gears in and I should be getting my 8 lug stuff late next week. I'll be getting the chromos and ox u joints when im closer to finishing it. So thats that....more updates soon.

Cool build but keep the cinder blocks out of the build! LOL

Looking good.

Are you going to use any type of track bars??? I'm looking into doing around about the same thing with mine ZJ. Looking good

Man I am loving this place so much info and to go off of. Like the build bro.

Thanks guys ^^
Been tied up lately and have been kind of stuck waiting on parts. Finally got my locker for the 44 ( Thanks to Cperry!!) so got to gether with Chris and he helped guide me through my first gear install! Haha I did alot of watching but learned alot...thanks again man. Any ways I also torched the wedges off of the 44 so I will be starting the 3 link front this week. Heres a few pics.
No more cinder blocks:flipoff2:
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00556.jpg

Lockright and new carrier....lockright took all of about 5 min.
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00557.jpg

All in and happy
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00566.jpg

Hope to make alot of progress throughout the next couple weeks :beer:

Started on the truss for the 44
3/8" plate
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00567.jpg

The breather is relocated so yes there is no room for a breather tube where the truss is on top of.
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_DSC00568.jpg

Thanks guys...been held up waiting on parts but they all came in so I'm hoping to have this front 3 link and the front axle in, in the next week and a half.

looking good brandon, you and your buddy ready for the gulches this weekend? Have to swing by see this thing some evening. Need any mill work I've got a bridgeport in my basement to by the way.

looking good brandon, you and your buddy ready for the gulches this weekend? Have to swing by see this thing some evening. Need any mill work I've got a bridgeport in my basement to by the way.
Thanks Eric! You should bring your rig up here, we've got some fun trails here in cullowhee on some private land. Sweet man I'll def. get up with you if I need something thanks man.

Some updates...sorry for the crappy cell phone pics...its all I had with me.
Jeep is relocated to my friends place. Thanks ALOT to him. I just recently got in johnny joints, ballistic steering, 14b 5.13 gears ( thanks CPerry), some tube inserts, 38" TSL SX's, and some MRW 36 bolt beadlock rims ( will have pics up next week). Anywho...heres some pics.
Inside shop
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_0410082138b.jpg

I'm right out back...it kicks the shit out of a parking lot!!
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_0411081532.jpg

Parts:driver:
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_0410082138.jpg

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_0411081533.jpg

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc27_fmtndrummer_0410082350_0001.jpg

Back