Y'all meet Clyde.

Blue Highway is my jams! I'm quite partial to 3TO too (IIIrd Tyme Out).

I believe if you ran a bolt through that throttle lever, you might just be on to something! For me, it'd turn in to one of those permanent temporary fixes.

I believe if you ran a bolt through that throttle lever, you might just be on to something! For me, it'd turn in to one of those permanent temporary fixes.
We used some really nice adjustable units on fire rigs I used to build. One is in the works but I need to budget as I go.

And bluegrass in general has been awesome for my soul. I can't believe what it does for my mindset while working.

Back to tars. Mainly because it led to something else. So on my adoption day I drive down with 4 of these Continental tires in my Ranger. No problem.

Did you know a Ranger 2wd will hold 5 military 37's and a CUCV Front 60? Lol! All the way from Fort Braggish area in no OD.....long trip.

Back on track. I picked up the truck. The wife follows to a recommended tire shop down Mebane way. Really nice folks and they are just like me. Fairly country. Fella had been wrestling tractor tires. Thought these 19.5 would be a good break.

Sorry for him it was nothing but. Even with a changer me and him both had to wrench these old boots loose. They were bonded better than some welds I've seen.

4 tires, wire brushing, paint, copious slickum and some balance in a bottle latter I was ready to part ways.

Until Clyde gifted me another peak into his previous life.

Last edited:
So I'm getting ready to leave the tar shop and I notice Clyde has rudely marked his spot.

A puddle the size of a dollar bill has developed under his rear end.

Well being the concerned owner I gloved up and put my finger in the "inspection hole". Dang Clyde! I didn't even come out dirty. Like all the way to the hand and no oil!
This could be bad real bad.....hey feller you got and gear oil?
His only bottle latter I could barely get my finger wet. I gave Clyde the reach around because our first date was in the dark. Yep prop shaft is tight let's ease to the house.

Upon inspection at the house I found someone had been deep inside Clyde's rear end.
IMG_20220913_105721128_HDR.jpg

Aside from the dang orange shade tree silicon I found Clyde has drug his heavy ass a cross something hard. Some tell tell markings from a tech let me know the bearing caps have also been off. I checked the wear, center pin, and backlash. It runs quiet so time will tell. The lip was dinged up so I gave him a light rubbing.
IMG_20220914_125232949.jpg

Four bottles of liquid gold latter I buttoned up his clean backside.
IMG_20220914_130849284_HDR.jpg

How did the douchebag of gear oil work? Never seen them but I actually like the idea
Ehhh....I'm not used to the flaccid nature of a squirting container. Got a little outside of the hole!

Except that They work pretty well, Empties much faster and was able to fit it between the fuel tank and deep cover. The older rigid bottle would have been a bit more awkward.

It took two hands nearly to pull the cable. Even after I soaked it and got it real free. The bends and routing was to severe. Not only that it rest on some known hot tubes from the engine. Worst yet the original mounting arrangement was fairly dangerous for hanging up the throttle.

And that stick is so High tech stupid proof it may stay around way too long.

Last edited:
Glad you got a dedicated truck! What are you going to convert the trailer into now?
Water Wagon. And since you asked I have to share a bit early.

Without photos of any kind here is the back story on the trailer. It started from a pile of scrap 3 inch channel, frame and spring hangers with springs still attached from a Nissan 2WD truck. Spindles was from an old Rambler and an axle made of pipe. But most importantly it was constructed by Two of my heroes. Troy Teague, Eugene Johnson. Both World War II vets but best of all my Grandfathers. One was a Submariner engine mechanic by accident, and the other a Chauffer for a officer by the grace of God.

I was a teenager headed to school in Arizona and wanted to haul my dirt bike with me. Both them fellas lit into work one providing the barn, Lincoln Tombstone welder, and little band saw. The other the better of the pair of eyes did the "sewing" of the metal. Eugene's words for welding.

How did the douchebag of gear oil work? Never seen them but I actually like the idea

They're awesome and you can actually get ALL of the oil out of them!

And bluegrass in general has been awesome for my soul. I can't believe what it does for my mindset while working.

It's pretty awesome. I'm planning to catch some shows next year!

I bet those 20 year old rubbers might as well have been glued to the rims! Usually a few smacks with the tire hammer will pop them loose and then you get to work with the bars.

Is that a Dana 80? I guess they didn't go to the BIG ones until 2005.

Back to tars. Mainly because it led to something else. So on my adoption day I drive down with 4 of these Continental tires in my Ranger. No problem.

Did you know a Ranger 2wd will hold 5 military 37's and a CUCV Front 60? Lol! All the way from Fort Braggish area in no OD.....long trip.

Back on track. I picked up the truck. The wife follows to a recommended tire shop down Mebane way. Really nice folks and they are just like me. Fairly country. Fella had been wrestling tractor tires. Thought these 19.5 would be a good break.

Sorry for him it was nothing but. Even with a changer me and him both had to wrench these old boots loose. They were bonded better than some welds I've seen.

4 tires, wire brushing, paint, copious slickum and some balance in a bottle latter I was ready to part ways.

Until Clyde gifted me another peak into his previous life.
Wish I knew you were in town. I would have bought you and your Mrs. lunch. Let a guy know the next time your coming through town.

They're awesome and you can actually get ALL of the oil out of them!

It's pretty awesome. I'm planning to catch some shows next year!

I bet those 20 year old rubbers might as well have been glued to the rims! Usually a few smacks with the tire hammer will pop them loose and then you get to work with the bars.

Is that a Dana 80? I guess they didn't go to the BIG ones until 2005.
Yep. The model swap year confusion wasn't bypassed by me and the goggle mechanics. I brought home enough oil for a mortgage.

Lucky for me the refund was plenty for another piece of polish for Clyde.

Clyde has received some luv but it's time to meet his relative. Gonna call him "Harry" after my father in law.
IMG_20230101_173157908_HDR.jpg

7.3 oil burner. F-Treefiddy. Again 2wd and manual.

12 foot electric dump showing all of 39k original miles.

Already thinking about little trim on the dump. Found out hooking my enclosed to it is a no go. I can't see the need for all 12 feet of bed. I'd guess that amount of dirt or gravel and it would be overloaded anyway.

2 foot bob and a dovetail is in my brain. The truck was passed to me from the man's mouth right in front of everyone. I personally didn't see that coming but I intend at the minimum to put some use on it. Other wise from the amount of dirt and mess I cleaned out of it the thing will just go into more decay.

First plans is to run it and see what is dry rotten. I helped with the brakes a while back. Not worn but seized from setting. The fuel system has seen some work as well as the batteries.

It sat a bunch and every time I asked to borrow it I was declined. All the more reason I was floored by the verble passing of ownership. Time will tell how the paper work goes.

Clyde has received some love. It was due for him to send some back....we went for a stroll. Been doin some work with the ol truck every now and then.
Set up yesterday.

The little green machine failed to power up. I checked the output on the Lincoln and all was good. I am afraid the 304 invertor hasn't liked the output of the Ranger. Sad it was cheap and rocked for arc gouging. Gonna have to check on repairs. The little Ranger won't hardly pull a 3/16 carbon.

Clyde did crane things today! No welder or sparks but I did make chips with the chainsaw...for me that's just as good!
IMG_20230410_165638325_HDR.jpg

Center was a outdoor fan and a decorative center of wood. Sorta the foundation but definitely the heaviest key to the structure.
IMG_20230410_170347111_HDR.jpg

Chainsaw and some straps brought it straight down.
IMG_20230410_181549225_HDR.jpg

Several picks latter and a few truck moves for better reach.

Attachments

• IMG_20230410_165638325_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230410_165638325_HDR.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 51
Back