XJ Sleeper

In October I took the Jeep to Uwharre to give it a shake down. The Jeep did really well. I took the rear sway bar off when I rebuilt the suspension. The Jeep flexed so much that it was rubbing my fenders pretty hard. Here are a few pics of the trip....

Test1.JPG

Test2.JPG

Test3.JPG

After that trip I decided to lift the Jeep 1.5 inches in the rear and 1 inch in the front. I used spring spacers for the front and shackles in the rear to accomplish this.

A pinstripe was added along with some Jeep badging.

I also found some OEM aluminum Jeep wheels on ebay that I liked, I bought them in hopes of retaining an up-graded factory look.......

Morelift2.JPG

morelift1.JPG

Ok now I understand. Youve been at this a while. I was thinking geez is there no crime in charlotte? Looks good:beer:

Ok now I understand. Youve been at this a while. I was thinking geez is there no crime in charlotte? Looks good:beer:
Yeah, I have been working on this for a while. I still work about 70+ hours a week at work, (if I only had more time on my hands) Currently, I still need to do the following:

Rock Sliders

Driver and Passenger window switches need replacing

Lifter knocks, so I need to fix that

Rear Main seal leaks (I have the new seal), waiting for better weather

Custom (Low profile) snorkle

XJ

Finally got around to getting some more work done on the Jeep. I added some trail armor to the sides that has been sitting around in my garage for months.........

jeep2.JPG

jeep.JPG

XJ

I live in South Charlotte. Thanks for the compliments!!!!!! I tried a different approach on this build......I made it streetable and did not go over board like I have on my Toyota Project.

I can't remember, I got it at 4wheel parts. I will get back to you on this... I like it because it almost looks stock

Very impressive! Always been a fan of the Cherokees.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

XJ

I really have to give it to you, that is one DAMN good looking XJ!!!!! Im just hoping with a little time and patience my ZJ can turn out looking like your XJ. Sharp, clean and mean. You ever wanna sell, let me know. :driver:

I added some extra lift to the front........ I hope this takes a little vibration out of the ride as well..... Before this mod, I was running the black spacer directly to the mount. Still a work in progress..... May add 33x1050 tires down the road. I like the BFG mud terrains.

Attachments

• JP1.JPG
    JP1.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 565
  • JP2.JPG
    JP2.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 492
  • JP3.JPG
    JP3.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 499
  • JP4.JPG
    JP4.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:
I also changed out the rear main seal and am now running Royal Purple Synthetic. Can not beleive the difference. The engine is much quiter running. A while back when I was running conventional oil I tried the Lucus Oil Additive and it did not do a thing.

that's a nice xj you got there, 'scribed
Thanks! I still have a few things on my punch list:

2 water leaks when it rains heavy

AC work

Bigger Tires

I am getting there, too many projects........ If I could only stay focused on one at a time????

Back