XJ Sleeper

500.00 That included some metalic flake and clear coat. I have a hook up on South Blvd in Charlotte.

Major up grades coming soon:

Rubicon Express Lift

33-10.50 BFG's

Mercedes Diesel 5 cylinder Turbo

Other minor mods

New Brakes and Steel Braided Lines

STAY TUNED!!!!

Got a few new pics and updates..... First off here is the donar......

Attachments

• Merc1.JPG
    Merc1.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 367
  • Merc2.JPG
    Merc2.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 343
I installed the Rubicon Express Lift with coil spacers. Now have around 7 inches of lift. Also installed BFG 33" Skinnies and 1.25 inch Poisen Spider Wheel Spacers.

I re-undercoated the underside and also painted all of the worn out Trim around the Windsheild and windows. Really didn't want to but, I made it happen anyway. The worst part was taping everything off, that took half a day. Next on my list is to pull the motor from the Mercedes......

Attachments

• Jeep1.JPG
    Jeep1.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 466
  • Jeep3.JPG
    Jeep3.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 511
Got a few little things done today. Repainted a few areas that I was not happy with on the trim. Also installed a frame-mounted hitch on the rear. Lastly, drilled two new holes in the front bumper for some Hella Lights. These things have never been used. They have been laying around in my garage for about 7 years now. Might as well use them on this rig :burnout:I have a few pictures, but for some reason can't download them. I will keep trying....

Here is some pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_2316.JPG
    IMG_2316.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_2315.JPG
    IMG_2315.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_2320.JPG
    IMG_2320.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 339
I ended up welding some extensions to the lower link mounts were they meet the axle. By doing this, I was able to move the front axle foreword about 2 inches.

Attachments

• IMG_2326.JPG
    IMG_2326.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 333
Been pondering over this for a while as well. Trying to get my mind right before I begin taking it apart. Looks like it will be a long process.......

Attachments

• IMG_2318.JPG
    IMG_2318.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 409
I got all the parts to rebuild my tired T-Case. Chain, bearings, gaskets, and Rubicon Express Slip Yoke El. Kit.

Also plan on replacing water pump, starter, timing chain, oil pan gasket, turbo, valve cover gasket etc... On the Mercedes om617 engine...

Attachments

• IMG_2328.JPG
    IMG_2328.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_2329.JPG
    IMG_2329.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 291
are you planning to keep the aw4 or use the MB trans? I have seen a few swaps in XJs, always with the MB trans, but all 2wd.
I plan on using the AW4. I hear the mercedes trans robs a lot of power. I got a Radesigns kit for the trainie so I will have to shift it manually. Should work ok. I have heard good things about this set up.

Worked all day today. Got the motor out. I degreased it and rolled it in the garage for now. Made a huge mess. I have been pressure washing the drive way until a few minutes ago. Now I need to get to work on the engine, hopefully this week. I am going to replace the timing chain, adjust the valves, replace water pump, starter, new oil pan gasket a few other odds and ends before I put it in the jeep.

Attachments

• om617_0095.JPG
    om617_0095.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 367
  • om617_0096.JPG
    om617_0096.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 311
I'm always amazed by builds like these. So methodical compared to my sometimes random or required fixes/mods.

Stay tuned......The sleeper will be for sale soon. It will be lowered down a few inches and toned down a little. Bought another Cherokee, so the diesel swap is still on!

Back