XJ "rookie" build

so from one XJ to another....deja vu!
View attachment afarm8.staticflickr.com_7004_6849435897_d892a6a7cb_b.jpg

so this is a 1990 cherokee larendo. it's got 225,600 ish miles and runs like a champ. it's got as you see same color bushwacker fender flares which i took the ones i had on my last XJ off, but these don't look that bad so i'll keep them for now. until they get smashed on a rock. with my luck it'll happen on daniels trail. but it has i would say a 3" lift 33's and a drop bracket for the control arms. the interior is nice and clean like it was when it was new.

so my plans are for this one is just a DD/ trail rig. i've already got 6.5 coils and IRO otk steering for it so i just need leafs and shackles. i'm planning on keeping the hp30 but want to switch out the rear. so far i'm leaning toward the 8.8 swap. i'll do the whole build up stock axle thing aka truss, sleeve, ujoints, chromos, c gusset you know all the good stuff. 35's are the max i'm going to put on it. deciding on locker for front or rear or both. yes i know about the whole DD troubles with having lockers. but i might not even put any in cause it's more fun wheeling that way. of course long arms are in order. if i had a tree that grew money in my front yard then i would get claytons long arm coil conversion with all the goods. but i'm just gonna have fun with this build and now that i've acquired a decent amount of knowledge from my first build this one should not be that much of a PITA.

Sweet xj looks firmiliar lol

Back