Work truck build

Thanks kid. Yep throwing down down molten metal is the best part. No goose neck on this truck, but I do have one in the Chevy if needed.

Looks like the roller is getting some use!!! Make sure to build some ramps so I can drive my turd right up on the bed!! Lol

I do think id do a goose ball receiver in the bed while your there and you could make a plug for the hole and you will never notice it and make a plug with a ring on it for a tiedown
Never know what you may want to do later down the rd.

Buckeye Performance Inc.
828-779-2242

@pwoffrd

Yea they would look sweet as hell and give me a much better ratio to boot. When it comes time for tires though I am going to go from 225 to 245's, but the 22.5 option is out of work truck budget. Some of that coin is better used for 20"led light bar, keyless entry, power locks, remote start and heated seats of which my little buddy jeepn-jason ^ there will be installing when I return from the dadfl event next week end.

@pwoffrd

Yea they would look sweet as hell and give me a much better ratio to boot. When it comes time for tires though I am going to go from 225 to 245's, but the 22.5 option is out of work truck budget. Some of that coin is better used for 20"led light bar, keyless entry, power locks, remote start and heated seats of which my little buddy jeepn-jason ^ there will be installing when I return from the dadfl event next week end.

agreed, but since you are already 10lug, i would surely keep my eye out for from Frieghtliner takeoffs.

Ford always had/has to be different. 8 on 6.5 for 30+ years? Nah....we're going to do 8 on 170mm :flipoff2: GM and Dodge Dana 60s are passenger drop, low pinions, with 6 lug spindles? Pffft.....we're going to do driver drop, high pinion, 5 lug spindles :fuck-you:

It only makes sense that their 10 lug pattern would be different as well :rolleyes: :lol:

Right on. To run 22.5 still have to have America force adapters $$$ and the wheel centers must be machined to clear the factory studs and I don't think they even make aluminum direct bolt 19.5's like they do for 8 lugs, at least not on they're website. Only 19.5 alum I've seen that fit are fords, of course. I have a set of aluminum at my disposal but I like rotating my tires (without dismounting tires) and am pretty fond of the black wheel with chrome lugs (see my Chevy) ... That's right. . Dorman makes a factory replacement m14 chrome lug with closed acorn head and the flat washer... $180 for 40 pieces shipped to my door 2 weeks ago. Went that route because the slip on big truck styles were very limited for the 21mm size.

Had a great time at the flats! Now back to work. ... Came home say night so I would be fresh when jeepn jason came to work on the truck. He installed heated seat, keyless entry with remote start, power locks and turbo timer. Also had the windows tinted last week, 20% all around. The today I got to work on the head ache rack.

uploadfromtaptalk1398819696058.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398819723105.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398819742775.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398819767570.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398819803719.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398819820673.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398819834462.jpg

The lines of the first one looks better.

Bad ass, but not work truck ready for me. Thanks for the link. Post a pic of your truck in the avatar please

Look into fast attack brush trucks for similar setups. It can be done MUCH cheaper than that. A set of four non-beadlock 20" MRW wheels can be had for not much more than he is asking per wheel, or their beadlock version is still like half the price each...though not aluminum, those are pretty trick.

The MPT 81s are actually not so bad on the road, the MPT 80s are a little tamer and cheaper, and you can step down from those 335/80s to 275/80s, or run any other host of 20" offerings out there (Michelin XLs, XMLS, or light truck tires).

Personally though, I'd just roll with the 19.5s and bump up to 245/70R19.5s. If you're not opposed to retreads, Treadwright makes some 245/70R19.5s in a MTR tread pattern. For what it's worth my brother ran their 225/70R19.5 street tread tires on his F450 and they were great. I am trying hard to resist running a set on my dually on bread truck 19.5s.

Nice build. That bed is kick ass. Good work.

Done yet??

Back