Wireless security cameras

I have had Arlo cams for a couple of years now I guess. We actually caught a pos that stole some stuff from the neighbors. He checked our cars too but we actually lock them at night.

I’m down to one cam now. Apparently basketballs will knock them off of their magnetic base. Who knew? Dang kids.

My experience is like the previous posters. They are fine for what they are. The motion range is a limitation for me. I might try their new powered cam that records all the time.

For license plates on the street, we all went together bought this.... Reconyx Hyperfire SM750. It works great for what it’s designed to do. A regular deer cam is too bright for reflective plates at night. This one has a very good success rate of catching a legible plate image. Since we mounted this on a sign that says “You’re on camera” we haven’t had any problems except for a kid that walked in and robbed a neighbor. They caught him with their cams. Seems that everything is just a layer and multiple layers have to deployed to cover everything.

I'll probably never have interior cameras. If someone hacks my cameras, they will have a nice view of my driveway. And they might even see my good friend Yagin Wimmadikowt.
This!

Anything you can see on your phone, someone else has the potential to see with a hack. All interior cameras linked to a PC that has no internet access. Only links to data storage and monitors

We just put a Arlo GO on our gate at the shop to see who is coming and going while we are not around. It is cellular based and seems to work well. It has a feature to shut it off and turn it on based on a schedule. Example we have the motion detector turned off from 8am to 5pm. We can still log into the camera and look at it during the day but it does not alert us of motion. It works really well. The camera, mounts, and solar charger were like $500.00. And the cellular bill is like $20.00 a month thru Verizon. But it works if the power is on or off and you dont have to worry about wifi. The battery lasted almost 2 weeks without the solar charger. Once we put the solar charger on it, it took about 5 days to get the battery from 12% to 100% but it has been working flawlessly.

They also have a feature that you can talk to the person by the camera from the app or take snapshots while watching the live feed. It has about a 2 second delay but has not been an issue so far. I'm sure there is a bunch of other features that we have not figured out yet.

I'm considering getting a couple for the house but I would get the power cords instead of the solar chargers cause I have power close to keep them charged.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I will have to say The Cobra 4 channel wireless system from Harbor Freight is well worth the $250. You have to have a 120v plug for the cameras, but the the rest is wireless. Very clear color pictures, Zoom, motion detection, Motion alarms, talk and hear through cameras, videos and pics stored on SD card, auto re-write and you can view through your smart phone with the My Cam View app. I bought one of these on the cheap to catch someone in parking lot being bad. Worked so good I added two more cameras and another system on the inside of the building. Over a year and a half and not one issue. I have the cameras mounted outside on the top of the building. I think depending on where they would be mounted, you would be able to read tag numbers if need be on zoom.
Couple of pics, I have the pic quality on the lowest setting, not high definition.

I always caution this based on past history, not to be a thief of joy - but....be very careful with any camera that allows audio listening If it records that audio be extra scared.
I dont have the time to type out the details (remind me later and I will) but essentially Ive known business owners whho tried to prosecute internal thiefs end up in prison on federal RICO and wiretaping laws. It sounds absurd, but even in your own home it CAN be illegal to record someone else talking if they dont give you their permission. Their visual image isnt protected only their audio

I always caution this based on past history, not to be a thief of joy - but....be very careful with any camera that allows audio listening If it records that audio be extra scared.
I dont have the time to type out the details (remind me later and I will) but essentially Ive known business owners whho tried to prosecute internal thiefs end up in prison on federal RICO and wiretaping laws. It sounds absurd, but even in your own home it CAN be illegal to record someone else talking if they dont give you their permission. Their visual image isnt protected only their audio
That "sounds" absurd. I get entrapment and all. Momma said don't say anything you would not want other to hear.
Aside from that if I could figure out who, what, and when on my on? My macho no police involved to waste everyone's time kicks in.

If I truly knew who a criminal was acting against my circle, I honestly don't know how I would act. I'm still searching in my heart for the SOB that ruined my mother's security 20 years ago.

That "sounds" absurd. I get entrapment and all. Momma said don't say anything you would not want other to hear.
Aside from that if I could figure out who, what, and when on my on? My macho no police involved to waste everyone's time kicks in.

If I truly knew who a criminal was acting against my circle, I honestly don't know how I would act. I'm still searching in my heart for the SOB that ruined my mother's security 20 years ago.

Here is the law, you are not a party in the conversation by the way unless you are in hearing distance and they know you are listening.

North Carolina Wiretapping Law
North Carolina's wiretapping law is a "one-party consent" law. North Carolina makes it a crime to intercept or record any "wire, oral, or electronic communication" unless one party to the conversation consents. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-287. Thus, if you operate in North Carolina, you may record a conversation or phone call if you are a party to the conversation or you get permission from one party to the conversation in advance. That said, if you intend to record conversations involving people located in more than one state, you should play it safe and get the consent of all parties.

In addition to subjecting you to criminal prosecution, violating the North Carolina wiretapping law can expose you to a civil lawsuit for damages by an injured party. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-296.

Consult the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press's Can We Tape?: North Carolina for more information on North Carolina wiretapping law.

tenor.png

That's exactly as I understood it.

Here is the law, you are not a party in the conversation by the way unless you are in hearing distance and they know you are listening.

North Carolina Wiretapping Law
North Carolina's wiretapping law is a "one-party consent" law. North Carolina makes it a crime to intercept or record any "wire, oral, or electronic communication" unless one party to the conversation consents. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-287. Thus, if you operate in North Carolina, you may record a conversation or phone call if you are a party to the conversation or you get permission from one party to the conversation in advance. That said, if you intend to record conversations involving people located in more than one state, you should play it safe and get the consent of all parties.

In addition to subjecting you to criminal prosecution, violating the North Carolina wiretapping law can expose you to a civil lawsuit for damages by an injured party. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 15A-296.

Consult the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press's Can We Tape?: North Carolina for more information on North Carolina wiretapping law.

Now quote the federal anti wire tapping law...
It isn't 1 party consent...

But more relevant, or realistically prosecuted, you record your business. You know the conversation is recorded. Bob buys something at the cash register and talks to Mary. Neither know They are recorded

Now quote the federal anti wire tapping law...
It isn't 1 party consent...

But more relevant, or realistically prosecuted, you record your business. You know the conversation is recorded. Bob buys something at the cash register and talks to Mary. Neither know They are recorded

I you are standing there and hear the conversation then it does not matter as you have consented. If they are in a corner and only they are present then it does matter.

I need to put some cameras at the office/shop since I'm in Camden now but have not decided on what. What wired brands are recommended? Do any of them have the ability to have one or two wireless cameras attached?

I do not use them to hear or record sound. I can switch on if need be. It is more of a convenience when you are setting them up to be able to speak to the person adjusting them. Also, it would be useful if there was someone in hearing range of the camera where you could say "what the F#*k you doing!" Catching folks on the camera red handed has been enough.

For the several past post, the Media shows nearly every day, some business that was robbed, & the Audio on the security cams, is On. Whatever, I'm wanting Outside cameras. Not doing inside [at this time]. I appreciate all the post & info! As I get more time, I'll be studying this info, & trying to make a decision.

Back