2005 Ram 2500 CTD Tow Rig Build

tsconver

Going to start a thread on my tow rig.

Well sold the 2005 Ram and got a new 2018 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Diesel.

Will add a picture or two.

Added side rails with steps, toneau cover, bed box, my ham radio set up and window vents. Not sure what else I will do to it since it is still under warranty.

2018-07-07 11.06.23.jpg

SOLD Bought Nov 2015 with 313k on the odometer. Strong motor and drivetrain. Clean Body and one hole in the entire interior.

Basics:

2005 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short Bed, Chrysler Blue, 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel

Current Add Ons:
Smarty Programmer
CTS 2 Insight Monitor
In Line Trans Temp
Boost Gauge
Oil Pressure Gauge

Airlift Air Bags on Rear with Remote Pressure Control
Pioneer AVH-4100NEX
aFe Torque Tube
Air Dog 2 Lift pump
Leer Camper shell with Leer Locker
Decked Truck Bed Drawer System
Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
Kenwood TM-V71A Dual Band Ham Radio

This weekend will be adding 50HP New BMS injectors and a PacBrake exhassut brake and on board air.

Pics to follow.

Last edited:
The PacBrake compressor is a massive PITA to install. Two bolts, but you can't get to one of them with a wrench.

The compressor looked pretty easy. Mounts right to front of engine. Will find out tomorrow. :)

I thought the same thing.

It might be easier if you have one of the trucks with the accelerator position sensor mounted down on the frame, rather than on the side of the head.

Got the new injectors installed. Got a bad one in the new bunch so had to replace on of them. Vendor, DAP, sent me a replacement were real good to work with. Now it is running great and all my injector noise is gone.

Also got the exhaust brake installed. It works great.

The pacbrake is the single best thing we've done to ours. Use it all the time.

14913535972811007235097.jpg
This is the bolt I was talking about. 75% off the total install time was spent on this stupid thing. And the APPS got a dead spot immediately after the brake was installed. I don't think it was a coincidence. :shaking:

Edit, added a wider angle for context.

1491354142222-732173907.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 244915 This is the bolt I was talking about. 75% off the total install time was spent on this stupid thing. And the APPS got a dead spot immediately after the brake was installed. I don't think it was a coincidence. :shaking:

Edit, added a wider angle for context.

View attachment 244916

Yeah that bolt was a pain. I chased the treads in the manifold with a tap first and I do not have an apps there. Mine is all in the cab.

Back