wifes crawler

rockkrawler4x4

got yota
a toyota i picked up about a month or two ago. the wife decided she wants a crawler so here we go.
what it looked like when i got it
DSCN2160.jpg

DSCN2161.jpg

DSCN2125.JPG

progress so far

built motor from top to bottom.
DSCN2144.JPG
flat belly with mudpro rear t-case bracket.
DSCN2138.jpg
dual cases factory gearing
DSCN2139.JPG
4 link rear with coils also mudpro brackets
0810102254.jpg
rear axle
0808101647.jpg

not really sure yet on all the details just kind of playin this one by ear. i know it will be propane,it already locked rear will lock front depending on tire size and if i have the coin for longfields.

nice build so far! man i wish my ole lady would wheel

yes please do tell the secret to finding a woman that likes to wheel! lol

nice build man, cant wait to see it finished

That A pillar bar turned out great dude! Cant wait to see what you get done tonight because i know you will be on here about 1:00am after you get done working drinking a coldie!! lol

yes please do tell the secret to finding a woman that likes to wheel! lol
nice build man, cant wait to see it finished

not really sure i took her wheelin a couple of time and then let her drive and she loved it and decided she wanted one. she may loose interest tomorrow but hey im having fun building it and if nothing else ill have a back up.

tonights update

more exo pics dont think its to bad for my first complet exo build

upper bar connecting a pillars
0901100051.jpg
drivers a pillar bar
0901100052.jpg

0901100053.jpg

0901100053a.jpg

sweet. man your coming along at a good pace with this thing. wish you were closer to me, id see if i could pay you to do a roll cage on my Samurai.

sweet. man your coming along at a good pace with this thing. wish you were closer to me, id see if i could pay you to do a roll cage on my Samurai.

YEAH ITS ALL STARTING TO COME TOGETHER AND IM NOT GOING TO BE BUILD ANY CAGES FOR ANYONE ANY TIME SOON IM STILL LEARNING. THERES ALOT MORE TO TUBE BENDING THAN MOST PEOPLE THINK.

looking great man. Looks like you and Landon made some progress last night on the drivers side. It looks stout in the pics! Call me later and i might come over if you are working on it later and need a pair of hands!

gonna mount that Sony speaker there? that'd sound real good man! lol jk

I think this looks better then your's JK...I know i need to do that rear brake conversion on my rig!!call me tuesday like come over see it.

The frt is turning out awesome buddy! Let me know if you need my help again this week. Im just a phone call away buddy!

Looks good justin and hope the rear disc brakes work better for you than they did for me i ended up going back to drum brakes but cant wait to see it out on the trails
im running them on my truck and have no problems.you have to use the sky off road braket with 82 montecarlo front calipers on 89 single cab 4x4 front rotors. you have to machine the inside of the rotors to fit the toyota hub.then eather run a 1" bore master cylinder or a factory v6 toyota master cylinder. since my truck was a factory 3.0L v6 i just ran my factory and had no issues.

Back