What radius arm?

I plated my fixed arm (driver side) with 1/4" for reinforcement. I also replaced the Cap bolts with new grade 8 hardware. I carry spare bolts too.

I bent my right side RA bracket though some last weekend and the bushing took some wear. I am thinking about changing to JJ's at the ends or big a$$ heims.

DK

But the cage arms have the caster fix and off set for the wider tires, that is the only thing I have against the stock arms extended and heimed.

now thats a bronco
Here it is currently on 37" Iroks. I agree, it's quite sweet...
awww.supermotors.net_getfile_235380_fullsize_broncofront.jpg

But the cage arms have the caster fix and off set for the wider tires, that is the only thing I have against the stock arms extended and heimed.
Can't you avoid most rubbing on the stock arms with backspacing on the rims?

I am extending mine and running Johnny Joints. Should flex like a 3 link XJ. Only difference it the Castor won't cycle like the long arms. I am putting this on an XJ too. Should be starting in the next couple weeks. Got the axles pickep out just have to get them. Ordered frame stiffners and Joints and trying to get my DOM tubing for the arms extensions.

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can dial in your own caster by building your own brackets/crossmember:

awww.supermotors.org_getfile_216771_fullsize_P6190100.JPG

awww.supermotors.org_getfile_216772_fullsize_P6190102.JPG

You can also get extra tire clearance by moving the joints inboard (like in the pic's above)...the wedges will want to push the arms in that way anyways.

Once you have the caster set at min, you can adjust with different degree bushings.

The CAGE arms are tits, but you can acheive the same effect for way less with some well thought out fab work.

My plan is to cut the webbing on the radius arm. Then set my axle in place with the correct castor. Then simply align the radius arm up to my connecting point on the frame. From there I just weld my DOM tubing in place from the frame mount to the Radius arm and I will have the correct geometry. I hope this is clear as to my plans. I will take pics once I get started.

I'm not one to talk about other peoples mods but that would drive like crap with the dual bushing under hard breaking.
sam(slim)

I totally agree, but I'm pretty sure the rest of his setup leaves much to be desired on the road as well.

AFIAK he never takes it on the road except for the occasional trip to the gas station.

I run a wristed arm on the passanger side and plated the other arm with 1/4 steel. Still running the stock style bushings and it flexes well.

I never heard of the wristing thing until this thread. How hard is it to put the pin back in after wheeling?

Many people don't. I never have. It's pretty much the same thing as a three link (3 separate links) with panhard.
But to answer your question, it can be a pita at times. Especially if you're not on flat land.

Can't you avoid most rubbing on the stock arms with backspacing on the rims?

Yes. I am running 2.75" BS rims.

I'm not one to talk about other peoples mods but that would drive like crap with the dual bushing under hard breaking.
sam(slim)

x2, I don't like that design at all.

I never heard of the wristing thing until this thread. How hard is it to put the pin back in after wheeling?

Not that hard, I can do it by myself most of the time. I also have an exo-cage to hang on and shake the truck with. Parking on level ground helps. Sometimes it helps to have someone rock the vehicle a little. Mine seems to be getting easier the more use it gets and the more the truck is driven.

Does anyone have pictures of the stock arms extended flexed out or how much it travels. I think johnski said the cage flexed 36" but also I am going to run dual coilovers and not just coil springs.

Does anyone have pictures of the stock arms extended flexed out or how much it travels. I think johnski said the cage flexed 36" but also I am going to run dual coilovers and not just coil springs.
I'll do some digging on fullsizebronco.com, but you know flex will vary based on spring rate, tire size, and shock length, so it's tough to get an accurate idea from a pic. I do know that the extended stock arms will flex quite well, though. Seen it in person a few times.

Weight, spring rate, and just as--or more importantly--how soft/how much travel your rear end has will all be factors. Search the EB sites for pics though.

This picture was posted on pbb by low_range. He is running Cage arms and 6" superflex springs. Impressive.

a4x4.forensick.net_88bronco_images_060506_cc_01.jpg

565666_107_full.jpg

Are you going to be runnning full width axles?
I am running fw hi pinion d44 with cast c wedges.
My 4Runner is basically th same front end in your Taco.
I made my radius arm extensions with hiem joints.
I extended factory 79 f150 radius arms from 31" to 45" add 2" for the bung and rod end making it 16" over stock
I sleeved the shank that you bolt to with
-1 3/8" od x 7/8 id D.O.M.
-Sleeved that with 1 5/8 od x 1 3/8 id D.O.M
-Sleeved that with 1 5/8 3/8 thick tube
-Plated the inside of the radius arm with 1/2 plate
565666_117_full.jpg

565666_113_full.jpg

The crossmember is 2x3 1/4" thick with 2 peices of 3x3 l channel also 1/4" thick.

565666_116_full.jpg

I am running 5.5" superflex coils and factory coil buckets from an EB.

What rearend are you running stock? if so did you add wheel spacers or does the front end stick out a whole lot. I was wondering how much it is going to stick out with my wms now at 61 and the dana 44 at 66. Do you have any front on pictures to show this? Also do you get much flex with the coil springs and shocks or do you wish you went with coilovers?

Back