What have you done to your rig today?

Fiddled with the jeep a bit this weekend.
Was having a variety of ?electrical? Issues, no brake lights, no right turn signal, extra fast left turn signal, regular left signal and no right when I turn the emergency flashers on. Also no wipers. Pulled the ignition switch, cleaned it. Pulled the turn signal and wiper stalks and switches, disassembled and cleaned them. Wiper looked fine, but made no difference. However, the turn signal side of things was looking a bit rough. I guess after 17 years and not much usage in the past few years it was inevitable.
20170819_230438.jpg

After:
20170819_231546.jpg

That fixed the signals/flashers, and brake lights. The pulled the cowl and bumped the wiper lever mechanism and it started working again. Mission accomplished.
20170820_153431.jpg

Also, finally bought some u-bolts to attach the driveshaft to the front axle. Took 5 minutes. Yet it took 6 months.

Brought it home with me (it usually sits somewhere else in an undisclosed location) to get it ready for our ride this weekend. Pressure washed the underside, checked all the bolts, and greased the front end. Next step is to check the rest of the fluids and weld up some frame cracks I discovered after the pressure washing.

Brought it home with me (it usually sits somewhere else in an undisclosed location) to get it ready for our ride this weekend. Pressure washed the underside, checked all the bolts, and greased the front end. Next step is to check the rest of the fluids and weld up some frame cracks I discovered after the pressure washing.

arnt you supposed to pressure wash it Before you store it? lol

Fiddled with the jeep a bit this weekend.
Was having a variety of ?electrical? Issues, no brake lights, no right turn signal, extra fast left turn signal, regular left signal and no right when I turn the emergency flashers on. Also no wipers. Pulled the ignition switch, cleaned it. Pulled the turn signal and wiper stalks and switches, disassembled and cleaned them. Wiper looked fine, but made no difference. However, the turn signal side of things was looking a bit rough. I guess after 17 years and not much usage in the past few years it was inevitable.
View attachment 252820

After:
View attachment 252821

That fixed the signals/flashers, and brake lights. The pulled the cowl and bumped the wiper lever mechanism and it started working again. Mission accomplished.
View attachment 252822

Also, finally bought some u-bolts to attach the driveshaft to the front axle. Took 5 minutes. Yet it took 6 months.
And you made some squirrels Mad!:flipoff2:

Started tearing into it replace the head gaskets, and possibly heads, along with a few other things white I'm in there.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

While you're that far into the motor do yourself a favor and replace the lower intake plenum cover with the piece from Hughes Engines. The stock one is made from tinfoil and over time with heat cycling in the motor it will fatigue and start to spit out the gasket opening the intake up to sucking in oil gases from the lifter galley. This can cause a number of emissions codes along with crappy mileage, throttle response, and burning up O2 sensors.

Attachments

• IMG_1432.JPG
    IMG_1432.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1434.JPG
    IMG_1434.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 188
While you're that far into the motor do yourself a favor and replace the lower intake plenum cover with the piece from Hughes Engines. The stock one is made from tinfoil and over time with heat cycling in the motor it will fatigue and start to spit out the gasket opening the intake up to sucking in oil gases from the lifter galley. This can cause a number of emissions codes along with crappy mileage, throttle response, and burning up O2 sensors.
Yep, planning on that, too. Was waiting until I got the intake off to make sure no one else had. (Pretty sure it's original though). Also doing water pump, alternator, timing chain, radiator and trans cooler, plus a couple other odds and ends.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Getting it ready for its first long voyage tomorrow. Tool bad, spare parts crate. Etc. a lot of "trail" prep, but sadly won't be able to do the trails yet. Just planning for worst case highway woes! God willing smooth ride tomorrow!

@trailhugger's dad is now a Jeep owner. I spent the better part of this morning putting a new front track bar, all new front brakes, and air/oil filters in it, plus an oil change. Trimmed up the lower control arm mounts so they're not hitting the lower arms anymore, and respooled the winch cable.

Old and busted:

tmyukT21Lg3GDI4nwZOKlMlPRVYqOp-VSM72cK7VsKmIjlfuCfv2iN-tvpIJ9aJBJBF4RvosYRit4_eF_j03GdkbpFdQ6mDBvgVMfEgYOGqklXEZAG6OKS_oUAQlVXvbJY0S-M4A1jezExoxg96K16sGBL3dmhKGxRYhEHxaXOykIEvl20iGMu6aX_WqG_Xrz6IZSwYyLv7aPJmYF1VJ0xp711CO5bA1XQ-KqAk-_OXX_90eKbldtZlucyIJlxm014XVFhAPofCZc1u6lvdV-DJQVtiMTYN_59vYPgE78AVAw8rj4cZvVgROMU_QdjhC0Rb2N2mWbi6byN2dvXXJk1jkDq0VpZ-NeP5Ci5mOc0s-ISoP7BPf948CcJVMPjGjD1DK6CwFDBVBwyhMoYXQ3IqpAir7DY5shcrMEgmB3Q0giKVUoNQwzuLuSIHggW1o2MtMCOVeAzxxKN808Vf0mSP7vl7SL-YRjcnfOP-uvH_SPV3CDTFHGM3HLuz0ROGeT210gLEYBLj1mudzdm-xIh_bpqAlduWDkdTPVbwiAQWM03yYQ-NseeFDGhOrP05Trg12fEOnQ_IS9Kz-kC-p5rAifgfY-paf30wjqFWfk1GNybLwd7JRIg=w1177-h662-no

The pad slides were all gouged to shit. I'm not sure if that was the cause of the stuck calipers, or a result of them... but a flap disc cleaned them up all right:

-T6Lkn5KAgS1_j-KQ4TRLREx5PPzX6v3L_yv4xLTuDPQgGWDYR1EzJ0KSbOlQOEXayXM7JDDbcqNmoEtGaSwrUl65qAJHXT8L3EGm77Savrhw7YTvxub8DCq1jcZpO4aA1WMGbBXn29aTqo0B-JpEeU0YlOnBp9MdvnHQMCxlZnr6CGIcUZwzUqtcdYAHuSpguy637f82p-4DPQOqtVpy-6QDLU0Wf1XOJBUN3q09WiIYk3KfQqNns2MVV5vcNvtpYhbb64jt4hHRIBAmhGXr3ItZmB7Q_OyUbcL2SQxe5zoBF1VXyi__59DiLf85NxpUCXl6_mLxKumTgYbYJVCxX_nR0BHupAqP6_RMqanM2n7E-av4vnNWK8YYDBzZQskYFrZdmrBsZNV9Ma9h_omjtKRRsJdJ4xuMxGXvuYoLwooKTD2ndZgYk6qbg1jWoALld-lyQM5Bvt4xCO3TeYLivykTZdKWC8wP2bQiEwS6JpCS3ga93wFPjo2rqb6MNUTIw69fVl13IzjRHtjbCdux3bFzRJilRbro512lxacGbmtlNyMG1QWrxrEcW0WzKPTVkdQzIArj8pWifmohomXV5bAhTQ7f-KsGCajIq57OSd6PDEKAhk9Jw=w1177-h662-no

New hotness:

n1EaFTMhyWKMLq2EsKUcluPnlBc5nXe78Xgfg5eNkCGgPVESw4Jq-lQcK0LSEwqj8WUZuT0DLYPHqbM7k2O6vn4xvOYFO8m-sbDm4kWLwweOntPkANcLgKpMXEp5vDMOGvjBXLllZZiJLuZfy0jNCwUbGNnbNejb2p7MYaefyB12wWELDcmottO_6KldUk5YAcGCl0HE6GBiOzNUJcQbdE6pZWVkvgzQhO99FWIliGeE-XCGat3uidp1cP7EgbFYm1tih5LeGbm8VlIH2ok4J1iLXOPpWxPbKVpv39NmixTDnYXJlIk8_jcmMAB4l7NRt2aC-WX28pAHoyitefGZ__E_c106fzGegg-bJ0hwhOo6SeRb68Yhp4B524SzKwi5ly2Treq3wmDJPonI50tUSngL4gASrZgKBcXyu64D7LlBLvX6i8_L98pP5oM4ItdcrIvIzYCcIOh35SNqfgHnLqjtz9Kd9Cbk9fRO3uGyhU56vIF2zW2uGKGJcv3JdAIRb2FYwKHD9GzS6iDVop21-l9sH1nN4idVpRDtcgwlnJg9j5h316-HBX0y9pyOUYpfHYNwRO1pCNpEl5quQtxvitdC3SXnvkLpiox8uuiU7qDlyflAASYzfg=w1177-h662-no

Some new stickies for the Jeep

7eec085ae2bc1076d287c6f67412c321.jpg

Hope those work. Had my scrambler at the autofair one year. Put a 3ft by 2 ft cardboard sign on it. NOT FOR SALE. CAN NOT BE BOUGHT. Still had idiots and stupid comments. One smart ass was saying something about "i bet i could buy it" as i walked back up to my spaces. He didnt like it when i told him he didnt have the money. I always said i would not sale it til i had a nicer one. And that project is now sitting here waiting its turn...

as far as what ive done to my jeep today... i put the clutch linkage back together with the broke bushing. Made it around the house to park it in the back. Backed up 10ft the get straight before it came back apart. Oconee 4x4 will be getting an order tomorrow. At $1.14 each , im ordering 4.

Yesterday I put a new water pump in the Toyota buggy, and beat the cab with a hammer and welded a door bar on. retorqued some bolts to "tight". Organized my tool box. Sprayed things that are supposed to move but don't with wd40. Put my daily driver on blocks so I could send my wheels and tires up the mountain before I get new tires tomorrow. Ran my f250 through autobell and filled her up for the first time in a while. Whittled down my parts hoard by two items in exchange for some chromoly hub gears.

@shawn I like the MIB reference :D

I've been slowly getting the SAS stuff together for my '02 2500HD. Using the 3" WFO radius arm/coil over setup. I already have the actual kit, but I still need to order the coil overs, steering box brace, and one of the new PSC 2500HD boxes. I've been very slowly cleaning up and rebuilding the axle. It's an '06 Ford Dana 60.

My CUCV needs new batteries...but I can't decide which ones to put in it. I've got a Ruff Stuff dual Optima box in it, but Optimas suck. These have only made it like 2 years.

Loaded the back of the SAS 1500 with chips from a bunch of ground pine stumps in my yard today. Then hauled them over to the chicken coop at my dad's house and put a thick layer of them in the run. It worked out pretty well and the chickens seemed to like it.

It's nice to have several trucks sometimes...except when they need batteries.

It's nice to have several trucks sometimes...except when they need batteries.

I just put 2 new batteries in the dodge, a battery in my wife's camry ,and 6 batteries in the golf cart. All within 2 months:kaioken:

Back