What have you done to your rig today?

Safety third!
fd288c4d4dc955dd655d37014a24c432.jpg
873987b5863ed4a0e383cc0c831d78de.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ouch...that sounds like it blew two grand easy.

@YotaOnRocks

@shawn I like the MIB reference :D

I've been slowly getting the SAS stuff together for my '02 2500HD. Using the 3" WFO radius arm/coil over setup. I already have the actual kit, but I still need to order the coil overs, steering box brace, and one of the new PSC 2500HD boxes. I've been very slowly cleaning up and rebuilding the axle. It's an '06 Ford Dana 60.

My CUCV needs new batteries...but I can't decide which ones to put in it. I've got a Ruff Stuff dual Optima box in it, but Optimas suck. These have only made it like 2 years.

Loaded the back of the SAS 1500 with chips from a bunch of ground pine stumps in my yard today. Then hauled them over to the chicken coop at my dad's house and put a thick layer of them in the run. It worked out pretty well and the chickens seemed to like it.

It's nice to have several trucks sometimes...except when they need batteries.
Group 31 truck batteries for the CUCV?
1000 CCA cost me about $70 each.
Not sure they fit, but can be made to fit!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've been using 34/78s for a while now. I made battery cables out of 2/0 NATO slave cables, so I've definitely got to use whatever those will fit...I don't feel like remaking them.

I'll check them out and see what I can see!

I've been using 34/78s for a while now. I made battery cables out of 2/0 NATO slave cables, so I've definitely got to use whatever those will fit...I don't feel like remaking them.

I'll check them out and see what I can see!

I suggest using marine batteries if the trucks sit any. They seem to last longer to me, but warranty tends to suck on them.

I bought one of those high dollar Optima battery chargers...so we'll see how it does with these red tops I've got...if nothing else, at least I have a battery charger from this century :D

Got a little more done. The injectors are out (man are they in there) and the intake is completely unbolted. I forgot to vacuum the debris off the top before everyone went to bed, so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to actually take it off. Sprayed the exhaust manifold bolt with PB Blaster as well. I wish they'd come out as easy as the heat shield bolts did, lol.
f9a37c6862275020cd2ea77a6713aba6.jpg

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

In preparation for the OBX trip next week and then the Dixie Run I decided to do a little more preventive maintenance. Changed the transmission fluid and Tcase fluid along with a oil change. Also gave everything a once over underneath.

Fixed a hub seal leak (hopefully). Old "new" seal was just as new. The replacement was in identical condition. Anyways replaced and rechecked the spindle surfaces for smoothness. Will see what happens. Hopefully breaking performance increases now. Lol

73cfd643a267188f4b9a42bc53d0b210.jpg

6f495d0739909afceaa8fec234ff4954.jpg

01799d7c9cf46e278f88a36871f3ff3e.jpg

Got the intake off, loosened up the exhaust manifold bolts and took off the distributor. So far the only thing I've broken (that I know of) is a little F-shaped vacuum fitting. I'm sure there will be more carnage down the road, lol. Oh, and a transmission line, but I'm putting in a new, larger cooler anyway, so I shouldn't need that particular line.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

In preparation for the OBX trip next week and then the Dixie Run I decided to do a little more preventive maintenance. Changed the transmission fluid and Tcase fluid along with a oil change. Also gave everything a once over underneath.

Watch out for Irma!

Fixed a hub seal leak (hopefully). Old "new" seal was just as new. The replacement was in identical condition. Anyways replaced and rechecked the spindle surfaces for smoothness. Will see what happens. Hopefully breaking performance increases now. Lol

That looks like a gross ass mess! The hub seals on the newer full floaters are two-piece and don't ride on the spindle surface...too bad they won't fit the older axles.

Got it this far today. Just now stopped to eat dinner, then mow, then take a nap, then go to work at 9 tonight. I could not get the driver side cylinder head off. Everything is unbolted, I'm prying as hard as I can. It's like it's glued on. It moves up in the front maybe a mm. It seems like my longest pry bar is too long, but the next longest is too short.
ba7bf709414d7ae18c23f399bdda2c8a.jpg

So, update on the Optima Digital 1200 battery charger...it's pretty awesome and totally worth it. Put them back in the truck and it fired up quicker than it ever has! I've got a few flooded batteries charging too.

and prying via the ports can help preserve the mating surfaces
Didn't even think of that, duh. I'll give it a shot. There's actually a place at the front of the block on each side, a large lip, that's under a similar protrusion on the head. I used that on the passenger side and it popped right off.

The driver side head is the reason I'm doing head gaskets due to low compression and a leak near the back of the block. Probably doesn't mean anything, just coincidental.

Filled it up with gas and used it to grab an extra propane tank in case Irma heads my way and knocks out the power for too long.

Been spending my time working on my new baby hauler, a Subaru Forester. Man, as least it handles well. As these cars are usually associated with carpet munchers (well, I mean, I guess I am one) I've got to get some right-leaning stickers on this thing.

First things first:
coexist-firearm-gun-manufacturer-logo-sticker.jpg

Back