What have you done to your rig today?

I had a power window in my tailgate in my old burb! That thing was a PITA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2a024bdc94739bff6d72aee3a466a155.jpg

It’s bad when a drill works better than the factory motor and switch ever did

4d08529014acd8d4194ab91c391f3ed8.jpg

It’s noon and I need a beer. Anyone who’s messed with a power window in the back of a k5 I’m sure can understand. But hopefully I’ll have it working again. Still gotta fix the inside tailgate handle. One of the rods came loose and folded up the factory channel for the window.

You should start a build thread

Not ME, but the guys over at broken skull (@Jason W. And @josh$$ ) pulled off some serious repair/upgrades to my worn front axle

New unit bearings, new tie rods, and some various armor to keep me from ripping off and or bending things.

They did an amazing job and I cant thank them enough

81603.jpeg
81657.jpeg
81665.jpeg
81712.jpeg
81714.jpeg
81720.jpeg
81862.jpeg

Not ME, but the guys over at broken skull (@Jason W. And @josh$$ ) pulled off some serious repair/upgrades to my worn front axle

New unit bearings, new tie rods, and some various armor to keep me from ripping off and or bending things.

They did an amazing job and I cant thank them enough

Who made those skids and truss? My XJ is in similar need

The truss is a JCR , Josh found it, best fitting d30 truss I have seen, not too tall either., control arms skids are synergy, synergy ball joints, synergy c gussets

I love the way theirs are low profile, uptravel=ride quality. I’ve got one for when I swap the guts of my JKs front axle into a new housing.

Started assembly on my wife's 4.7 stroker build. Clearances are in spec and so is crankshaft endplay.
Now it'll go quickly!
Noticed a slight front pinion seal leak on my Ranger and found the pinion was a hair loose. Tore the front end down today, replaced the pinion bearings, lubed the SuperJoints, repacked wheel bearings, adjusted preload on the kingpins and finally, washed off the stank.
IMG_20190512_173317317.jpg
IMG_20190512_143624039.jpg
IMG_20190512_173008894_HDR.jpg

Wait a minute...is that an Islander without graphics?
Nope
1994 red SE

Never seen one myself. First I've ever seen with body colored flares (that wasn't the gay islander coral color)

She RED as hell
20190422_100114.jpg

Washed it.

Well, actually a lot more than that. Took it for a test drive to troll the local Tractor Supply after doing a recent 8 on 6 1/2 conversion. Rocking my new wheels I bought from @BigSouth . apparently I did something right because it actually rides a lot better than it did before and I picked up a little extra stance over the factory SD back-spaced wheels. Yes, I know they're white and I really don't care. :lol:
A few other little minor adjustments to get it back ready for daily driving. Holy crap, I've missed it.
:driver:
IMG_20190515_183932714.jpg

Back