Welder pre-purchase advice

Mac, that ESAB caddy might is the way more advanced than anything else I've seen. Way more than I'm used to or knew was capable. Where did you see them for $750-800?

Mac, that ESAB caddy might is the way more advanced than anything else I've seen. Way more than I'm used to or knew was capable. Where did you see them for $750-800?

Mac might be getting a deal from his distributor. If you knew the margins Airgas has on stuff, you might get pissed. I don't want to tell you what I pay for a bottle fill vs. Avg Joe off the street. It's disgusting to think that they're still making money off what I pay.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last time I looked was around 8 months ago and that price was just what I found looking around different internet sources. Everything from vendors on weldingweb forum to amazon. One of my local guys was $950 on it, and my other dealer said he could smoke that price, but I never followed up to pull the trigger on one.

These are by far the most consistent mig machine I have welded with. Comparable in smoothness to my delta weld 452 or millermatic 185.

Definitely a deal being able to mig aluminum without a spool gun. That's 600-1000 savings right there.

The gun is comparable in size to the smaller miller/Lincoln guns but has a trick ball and socket swivel where the lead connects to take strain off your wrist.

Edit: after looking around it appears prices are back up comparable to msrp.

Last edited:
Anyone ever dealt with weldfabulous.com? They have the ESAB welder described above, in the online store for $800.

Mac, your description of the welder is consistent with everything I've read online. Seems like a nice machine.

OP, if you're interested in a multi process machine, check out the new Lincoln power mig 210mp. 3 processes, 110/220 input, right now a lot of places have free shipping and no tax, $1,000 out the door.

Only thing I've encountered with multi process machines, they do everything, but not each process as well as a sole process dedicated machine. For an industrial setting, not ideal, garage fab, hobbyist, small business, kind of a no brainer. And yes, I prefer red machines over the rest, doesn't mean the rest suck, just preference.

32 posts, You are probably more confused than ever about which welder to buy!:D

32 posts, You are probably more confused than ever about which welder to buy!:D
All kind of options. I learned a lot. I've just about made my mind up.

ESAB c200i caddy mig is the first choice. Only drawback is it lacks the 110v versatility. I might keep the current northern 110v 135 mig around to solve that.

No one I've seen makes mig plasma multi process. That would make the decision easy.

I may get a multi process Everlast in the future to pick arc tig plasma capabilities.

Longevity or everlast for a tig/stick/plasma combo.

Welded on both brands tig machines and an everlast mig.

The tigs are comparable with dynasty's as far as options and weld quality.

The mig machine welded very much like Lincoln machines and I prefer it over the blue ones. Just personal preference.

For the price, you could probably buy the esab mig, and then buy a everlast/longevity plasma as a standalone. These aren't hypertherms but are great deals for the money.

As far as I can tell, everlast/longevity/giant/lotos etc are all the same china made machines that can be found everywhere on the web from ebay to amazon. Everlast/longevity appear to have the best warranty and customer service out of the bunch. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one of these imports considering the savings for a hobbyist, but don't expect the durability or service as a big brand company.

edited for content after screwing up on my smart phone

Last edited:
Longevity or everlast for a mig/plasma combo.

Welded on both brands tig machines and an everlast mig.

The tigs are comparable with dynasty's as far as options and weld quality.

The mig machine welded very much like Lincoln machines and I prefer it over the blue ones. Just personal preference.

For the price, you could probably buy the esab mig, and then buy a everlast/longevity plasma as a standalone. These are hypertherms but are great deals for the money.

Did you mean to say tig/plasma?

Everlast makes mig tig stick and tig stick plasma multi process machines. No idea on the longevity brand.

Not sure the modes are manufacture specific or technology limited on the inverter machines.

Back