Uwharrie Trail Work Day #5, August 21st

Will you be attending the work day?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
Here is the low down based on current intel. on the next work day.

WORK LOAD:

We can be guaranteed there will be trash pick up, trail diamonds/markers to put up, and drainage ditches to shovel out.

What we do not know right now is if we will be putting up guard railing. It all depends on how much work the contractors have gotten done from yesterday till the next work day. We have been guaranteed there will be a lot of it to go up (A TON) when they are done, but we don't know when that is.

SCHEDULE:

8AM - OUTPOST BREAKFAST
9AM - MEET AT HUNT CAMP
1PM - 1:30PM - LUNCH AT THE DOUBLE PARKING LOT
3PM - PENDING THE GROUP MORE TRAIL WORK AND/OR TRAIL RIDES

LODGING:

As always there will be free camping offered for the volunteers. The Cabin was a HUGE success last work day so I am thinking about working that out again. We will see though how many people are interested in that.

FUTURE/OTHER WORK:

The work load in the parking lot and on the road was discussed at the last work day. There is a good chance we will be able to get in on this work load. Keep in mind road work is much more dangerous than the trail work we do. So it will take a little bit more prep. work than the trail work.

Also we will be looking a future incentives for the volunteers. Currently you get a trail pass and a free camping spot. Well most of us have season passes, and not many stay overnight. The facts are that incentives do bring more people in. And the Forest Service is looking at hats/shirts and some other things. We will see what we can work out.

I have never been to Uwharrie or any off road trails, but now that I have a vehicle I would love to attend something like this. Any way you can PM me with more info that is geared towards noobs. I don't want to clutter this thread up with my questions.

I have never been to Uwharrie or any off road trails, but now that I have a vehicle I would love to attend something like this. Any way you can PM me with more info that is geared towards noobs. I don't want to clutter this thread up with my questions.

I saw your post in the FAQ, just PM me if you have anymore questions. I will do my best to answer them all no matter how big or small, never think a question is too stupid to answer etc. :beer:

my work schedule prevents me from getting there at 8am, its almost imposible. DRaider i like how active you are in the 4x4 community and want to help out as much as possible. i saw you saturday but didnt get a chance to say hey. i didnt know it was a work day or i would have joined in on it.
i will try my best to meet at the hunt camp. if all else fails i will be able to meet for lunch and go from there.

Eli, if you don't mind me riding with you during the work day, I'll drive my own truck up to URE, I would really like to make it up there and help. Right now I'm not on call but you never know, figure since it doesn't look like I'm gonna have a rig together this year, I can atleast help out to make sure its there next year to be used.

I'll be there as usual. Any body wants to ride down from the Winston area PM me. If you are coming from farther away and want to meet and ride to save on gas let me know. ride for free both ways(I'm going anyway).

I just noticed it shows who voted in the poll. cool

Glad you're gonna be there Terry. I think them dogs get better each workday. try not to let that go to your head though.:lol:

I will be in China. I will try to be there for the next one.

Sounds good to me.....illl start saving a lil bit of gas money there.....anyone want a ride from the triad area....or around concord area....im big in to safety....im up for road work...

Guys, Eli's PC let out its magic smoke and is no longer with us.

I'm going to try and get him a loaner that will at least get him back on the web. Until then I guess you can send any work day related stuff my way.

I'm sort of the Assistant Cat Herder.

Well I'm pretty much in to going....possibly a girl i work with at Burke Street is intreted too....shes got a older jeep with some mods so yea lts have some fun...

Planning to have a CB and be rid of the shovel for this coming workday.

Anyone coming have a swr calibration meter thing a ma bob.

Yes I have one, you gotta remind me to bring it!

Is it just a matter of turning the cal knob on the swr thing or will I need to fool with my antenna?

If it's just the knob turning think we could do it at the outpost in the morning?

The SWR meter is just that, it doesen't fix the problem. It tells you if you have a prob. Make SURE your antenna IS grounded,make sure whatever your antenna is mounted to is grounded. But we'll check it at the Outpost.

The ground is one of the most important parts. I grounded inside Jeep and had problems then I ran the wire to the engine compartment and grounded it there with all the other grounds and all my problems and squeals went away so don't skimp on the ground location.

The ground is one of the most important parts. I grounded inside Jeep and had problems then I ran the wire to the engine compartment and grounded it there with all the other grounds and all my problems and squeals went away so don't skimp on the ground location.
^^^^^ I concurr!

I am planing on coming up for some wheleing on this Saturday and was wondering. The hunt camp is at the base of DAniel or over by Art lilly? I was thinking about working with you guys for half a day then wheelinig. What time do you guys usually head out from the hunt camp? What does he need to be on the net again? I have a couple old pc's that might work as a temp fix.

Back