Uwharrie Spring Run April 30 - May 2, 2010

i do not see a menu.

im a complete noob when it comes to wheeling,but def would like to try my truck out on some novice trails. anyone else gonna be doin the light duty stuff or is everyone going to the hard stuff?
specs on said truck...

FYI I won't be able to make this trip, Jimmy I was looking forward to camping with you but my rigs still broke and I've got to much other stuff going on now, y'all have fun and I can't wait for the pic's and stories!!

i do not see a menu.

im a complete noob when it comes to wheeling,but def would like to try my truck out on some novice trails. anyone else gonna be doin the light duty stuff or is everyone going to the hard stuff?

If what you filled out is still accurate:

Vehicle Make, Model, & Type
88 bronco II
Vehicle Description
6" suspension lift,3" body lift
33x12.5x15 AT's
d35 front diff

You should be able to do everything, and I would at least take a stab at Daniel. Worse case scenario you MAY need a strap up the First ledge but you might be able to make it. Just make sure to have a good spotter and you should be good.

I have done Daniel on 235s, 31x10.5s, 34x12.5s, and 34x9.5s and a lot of it boils down to having a good spotter. :beer:

yes specs are right. im worried bout my tires not being all terrain enough to get through stuff,and i dont have any recovery stuff at the moment.
i dont have any friends really that wheel,thats why i was asking bout trying the lighter stuff first with some people to get the feel of it. the previous owner had uwharrie day passes on it,and said it was at uwharrie alot in the previous years. just dont wanna look foolish out there and mess up on something little lol.

I've got about 5 or 6 rigs coming with me saturday morning.were just going for the day though.2 black xj's,yellow tj,orange cj and couple more.see ya out there!

I signed up for this about a month in the hopes I would finish my jeep, well it looks like it is going to be finished.

I was wondering I have my family of 4 and two vehicles and my brother has his family of 3 and two vehicles will there still be room for us to camp friday and saturday?

It is possible that I will make it out, would probably be 4-5 people and 2 vehicles, always the possibility of more, but for the time being I am unable to give a for sure answer.
We would camp wherever, but if we arrive on the dates is there a phone number I should call about the BBQ, I know we would all be interested if we make it up, I should know a day or 2 in advance.

ok,let me do this...ANYBODY who wants to do easy and then build up to tough,our group will be forming at the outpost saturday morning from 9 to 9:30.We will have everything from my stock 50 model M38 to a moderatly built ZJ on 33s and a rear locker and winch.So meet us there.We are stocker/newby freindly.

ok,let me do this...ANYBODY who wants to do easy and then build up to tough,our group will be forming at the outpost saturday morning from 9 to 9:30.We will have everything from my stock 50 model M38 to a moderatly built ZJ on 33s and a rear locker and winch.So meet us there.We are stocker/newby freindly.
Moderately built.....

..........Oh yeah, It's not the Wrangler.:)

We also have recovery gear to help someone out if needed.

i do not see a menu.

Re-Doing Menu now!! Also, I will have my truck out for the first time next weekend too so I will be starting with the smaller things and working my way up to harder...You are more than welcome to join me!! We could have a few groups with ord.sgt.26NC meeting up at the Outpost!!
I signed up for this about a month in the hopes I would finish my jeep, well it looks like it is going to be finished.
I was wondering I have my family of 4 and two vehicles and my brother has his family of 3 and two vehicles will there still be room for us to camp friday and saturday?
PLENTY of room left for camping!! The place we're staying is clean and quiet large!! You'll see pics of the pavillion for eating and bon fire area in the menu!!
It is possible that I will make it out, would probably be 4-5 people and 2 vehicles, always the possibility of more, but for the time being I am unable to give a for sure answer.
We would camp wherever, but if we arrive on the dates is there a phone number I should call about the BBQ, I know we would all be interested if we make it up, I should know a day or 2 in advance.
Just PM me and let me know!! We are going to go ahead and prepare enough!!
I would like to go with you guys!! Sounds like a good time and place to meet up!! So you're volunteering as a trail leader lol?

ai837.photobucket.com_albums_zz296_eagleswarrior_DinnerMenu.jpg

Damn, that menu sounds good! My mouth is already watering! I need to order at least 2, maybe three trays for my buddy and me!
this guy is a dang good cook...you won't be sorry lol...I gained like 5 pounds in 2.5 days when I was there before lol...SUPER nice guy as well...All around it will be a great experience!!

You can count me in... ill have my buddy and my girlfriend riding along we'll prob be there sat morning and camp sat night, looking to try a few harder trails if my taco can handle it

I have to say daniel you had me worried when you said it was a guys backyard we were camping at but this looks awesome!Is this before the outpost or after if your going down 109 coming from 49?

Re-Doing Menu now!! Also, I will have my truck out for the first time next weekend too so I will be starting with the smaller things and working my way up to harder...You are more than welcome to join me!! We could have a few groups with ord.sgt.26NC meeting up at the Outpost!!
PLENTY of room left for camping!! The place we're staying is clean and quiet large!! You'll see pics of the pavillion for eating and bon fire area in the menu!!
Just PM me and let me know!! We are going to go ahead and prepare enough!!
I would like to go with you guys!! Sounds like a good time and place to meet up!! So you're volunteering as a trail leader lol?

Well my buddy who had previously agreed to Tow me up for the weekend decided he wants to work on his jeep, and if he gets his finished, he wants to take his. All I need to do to be ready is check over the winch for grounding issues, replace my rear blocks or a new set of leafs, pinion shims and replace the front pinion nut. Possibly a few other random things but could easily be ready in time. Anyone riding up from Greensboro area?

Going to see if my Dad wants to come to URE, and if he does, then he can tow it, if not my options are limited.

well I usually tow mine too but the ol dodge is getting injectors and doubt it will be ready in time good thing I still have tags on the yota I just had to drive it all the way back to base tonight!

I am going to skip back a couple posts.

yes specs are right. im worried bout my tires not being all terrain enough to get through stuff,and i dont have any recovery stuff at the moment.
i dont have any friends really that wheel,thats why i was asking bout trying the lighter stuff first with some people to get the feel of it. the previous owner had uwharrie day passes on it,and said it was at uwharrie alot in the previous years. just dont wanna look foolish out there and mess up on something little lol.

There will be plenty of people out there doing easy trail runs to tag along with. It seems Jimmy (ord.sgt.26NC) has a group starting at the Outpost that will be doing a easy run. Between him, Rox&Mud, Ben (Bigben75ford), and others on here there will be plenty of great people to ride with from easy trails to difficult ones. I would join the gang and even volunteer trail guide duties as usual, but $$$ is tight so I will have to catch the next run hopefully.:beer:

Everyone be sure your tags are legit. The SHP had a license and registration checkpoint at the entrance to the forest off 109 this past Saturday. If they caught enough people they will likely be there again.

I have to say daniel you had me worried when you said it was a guys backyard we were camping at but this looks awesome!Is this before the outpost or after if your going down 109 coming from 49?
I have to say if I woulda just heard from someone that we were staying in someones back yard I would not be looking forward to it either lol...Thats why I wanted to get these pics up for you to see...ya'll won't be disapointed with it I promise...This place is great and honestly I'm doing it there for the wives and the children to be more comfortable!! Trying to look out for everyone!! Us guys can adapt to anything, but the better we make it for the rest of the family 1) The women are more excited for the next trip (2) The wives are less likely to fuss and moan about buying parts later because they get to see how needed they are instead of putting em out in the middle of the woods with no showers and toilets and making it so miserable for them, that they don't get to relax and see why we enjoy it so much!!...
Everyone be sure your tags are legit. The SHP had a license and registration checkpoint at the entrance to the forest off 109 this past Saturday. If they caught enough people they will likely be there again.
I am SOOOOO glad I went to my father in laws this past weekend cause we were looking at my trailer hitch and he said hmmm you know your tag is expired...It went out 2 weeks ago and I never knew it...Got it renewed today so we're in back in business!! Everyone be sure to check your tags and registration out before leaving cause I've heard they are pretty tough on it right now up there!!

I'm not going to remove my name from list becasue we will still be going down but the wife saw cold shower and called an audible and said we need stay in the camp grounds. LOL but if you don't we will still be stopping over and hanging out and will probably still get a couple plates of those ribs.

UPDATE!!

I'm not going to remove my name from list becasue we will still be going down but the wife saw cold shower and called an audible and said we need stay in the camp grounds. LOL but if you don't we will still be stopping over and hanging out and will probably still get a couple plates of those ribs.
WAIT.....lol...UPDATE...Dude went out yesterday and bought a nice hot water heater for the outside shower SOOOOOOO he said its so hott you can't hardly stand it!! WIN!!!! SOOOO Looking forward to still seeing you staying there right?

Still in!!!! Got the Trailer hooked up and workin on wrapping up the Jeep. My brother-in-law and I will be there mid-day Friday. Is it Ok to show up that early at the campground? Any special place we need or should set up?

Still in!!!! Got the Trailer hooked up and workin on wrapping up the Jeep. My brother-in-law and I will be there mid-day Friday. Is it Ok to show up that early at the campground? Any special place we need or should set up?
I'll already be there and the landowner will show you where to go!! Looking forward to having you guys!!

Back