Uwharrie Opening Weekend April 3-4

The median/embankment in the center has a large stump. He rolled down the hill and into that stump and it threw him way off camber and it flopped. It's a good thing he hit it and did flop where he did. Otherwise he would have gone over the cliff/ledge and on down the mountain.

X2 It could have been way worse..I kinda felt guilty cause I talked him into goin up...he was in front of me at the first ledge -he moved to the side and said he;d never been rock crawlin and asked me to go up first so he could see how our group did it and he did awesome until then. I told him its only metal and it can be fixed...I'm really glad he didnt get hurt badly

wow,way to nice of a rig for a first time wheeler.......just my opinion,did mom and dad pay for that?

umm wow i wish mommy and daddy were that nice to me! its a shame that xterra is so sweet. Im all about new people to the sport, but come on you gotta learn from the bottum up. Obviously it doesnt pay to go out and buy a 15k jeep total it, and then buy a 10k rock crawler, and roll it. I dono maybe im just mad cause like everyone else here i have to spend MY money ALL the time

umm wow i wish mommy and daddy were that nice to me! its a shame that xterra is so sweet. Im all about new people to the sport, but come on you gotta learn from the bottum up. Obviously it doesnt pay to go out and buy a 15k jeep total it, and then buy a 10k rock crawler, and roll it. I dono maybe im just mad cause like everyone else here i have to spend MY money ALL the time

I mean my parents bought me a brand new 09 Jeep JK 4 door, and i put a RE 4.5in LA Kit, 35's, and lod bumpers on it... but i havent taken it to URE yet. I wanna learn how to crawl before i go out and wreck the jeep...

photo.php

tick-tock, tick-tock.

thats sucks about the xterra, we were camping at the rocky mount/daniel intersection and i must have been one of the last people to see it before he rolled, they dropped off a blazer at our site before they hit daniel. sucks about the bullet deal too. i took my rear gears out on some rocks friday night, then hit that huge "bump" where they are doing construction near carthage otw back to raleigh area and took my front gears out since i was in 4 high trying to get home. with all this complaining by everyone i have a great story. when my jeep coasted infront of a ghuys house because i had no gears left and no way to continue forward movement the guy who lived there whom ive never met loaded my jeep on his trailer and drove me back to raleigh/cary with no questions asked.1.5 hours each way. there are still some real people out there and i am so lucky i didnt have to leave my vehicle behind and try to retrive it later. thanks burton(if locals know him) thats the kind of person i wish we all were. opening weekend was awesome, now i need some new axles. -tripp

Man tripp you really haven't had a good year with the cherokee, I hate to hear you tore up that new axle. But I'm glad to hear you got it home alright. It goes to show you that there are still good people out there. So........now that you've successfully broken two 44's and a 20.....I'm gonna put my vote in for 60's:beer:

I had not heard about the stray bullets problem before. I always assumed it was safe, but did fear that it wasn't. I'll give Terry Savery a call and ask her what she thinks about investigating this further.
I stopped by the range today, there were a couple of rangers out there so I asked them about the pistol area closure. They said the were planning to "move some dirt around" and re-open the pistol range in the next couple of weeks. They also added that we are allowed to shot pistols on the rifle range... I didn't know that personally, I thought it was strictly rifles on the rifle side and pistols on the pistol side...

I stopped by the range today, there were a couple of rangers out there so I asked them about the pistol area closure. They said the were planning to "move some dirt around" and re-open the pistol range in the next couple of weeks. They also added that we are allowed to shot pistols on the rifle range... I didn't know that personally, I thought it was strictly rifles on the rifle side and pistols on the pistol side...

Thats good news. I dont shoot, but I realize more so now than ever, that we all need to get along at URE, no matter what our hobbies are. Sure , we are a bunch of wheelers, but we need to realize that URE is like the sign says...a land of many uses.
If we cant get along with the shooters,horse riders and the dirtbike/4wheeler folks and Especially the rangers...they'll close the place down faster'n greazed lightning.

These internets are looked at by more than just us...everyones watching and reading. Lets just be aware of that. Believe it or not...even the Rangers are looking.(Hey yall!)

Distributor problems :D
Definatly illegal wheeling, but can't be helped. We all did it back then, though granted, not in something that nice.

ecu jeeper

ecu jeeper, i think you got me mixed up with someone else, i dont have a cherokee, nor have a had or broken two 44's and a 20 this year. that would be quite an accomplishment! i was still running stock 30 and 35s like i always have with 36s. i know the stock axles are weak, but im suprised they lasted this long, actually the axles are fine, i just lost my ring and pinion. but yes, i am going to 60s next month. see yall on the trail. -tripp

Back