Uwharrie Opening Weekend April 3-4

Glad I went to Harlan....:popcorn:
Me too. Trails are easier.
Lions Den is a paved road compared to getting shot at by a DUMBASS with a paintball gun at URE.
Pull a gun on me, you better shoot first.
My rounds have red dye in them.
Flame on haters.
Paul...:fuck-you:

We were'nt being impatient at all, but when you bring something on the trails that absolutely does not belong and your having troubles getting past something and there is a line forming behind you, I'd say it would be courteous to move off to the side to let them by. Also, they were in a group with about 4 or 5 rigs, and there's nothing we could have done that they couldnt.
Now I am in no way saying a zj does not belong offroad, nor any stock jeep for that matter. But this jeep had no recovery points and no way to hook up to pull it, he had 100% street tires, and his 4wd was out.
ok i was mistaken, i read the tone of the words wrong. and yes it would be courteous, i dont know the whole story just looking at it different. guess im over analytical. and didnt know every detail....
New2jeeps18
Were you there? The way your defending this seems you know a little more than your letting on, I mean you sign up here and come to the thread and your first and only post is defending the guy with the paint ball gun. The video shows the guy is over reacting by a ton, no one acted like an ass but the guy with the paint ball gun.
Point is, The guy was going to be an ass regardless of what happened, either hold up the group behind him, or bitch about it when they pass.
yes at uwharrie, not the incident. yes i just signed up, i just found out about nc4x4, i am on jeepforum thou. i wasnt defending him i was looking at a different perspective. which obviously is completly wrong...... yes he over reacted, i agree completly, i nvr said he didnt.
Were you? If you were I'll gladly shut the hell up. I wasn't, and I don't really care what happened. I'm just curious if you actually were cause you seem to be stirring the shit pot quite a bit.
again im sry for looking at everything from a different point of view, which is obviously wrong. i am sry!
but thanks for the welcome to NC4x4!!!
cheers!

dang, anybody wanna trade a good pistol for a winch or somthing? lol

Stray bullets...

We had a guy take one in the seat of his xj last year. Lucky for him he was not in it. I went shooting at the range and have a theory. I believe its the pistol area that is the problem. The guys are shooting at a downward angle at targets about 20-40 feet in front of them. The embankment is another 40-50 feet or more behind the target area. The bullets are ricocheting and going over the embankment and out of the range. I think some simple new rules and policy at the range should correct the situation. I could be wrong but that is my theory.

*** As of this morning (4-8-10) the pistol side of the shooting range will be closed for maintenance . After the concerns raised last weekend, UFS is closing the pistol side until further notice. As with most activities on public land, people are best to regulate themselves or the management of the property will step in. In most cases the immediate action is to close the particular area in question until all questions have been resolved. This is the shooting range we are talking about… But two years ago a part of the OHV trail system was closed (SAW MILL) because of concerns from the rifle side of the range. The different user groups need to continue to work together in setting a tone of organized use like the efforts during and after Tellico. Real threats need to be discussed but disagreements can be just as destructive.

We had a guy take one in the seat of his xj last year. Lucky for him he was not in it. I went shooting at the range and have a theory. I believe its the pistol area that is the problem. The guys are shooting at a downward angle at targets about 20-40 feet in front of them. The embankment is another 40-50 feet or more behind the target area. The bullets are ricocheting and going over the embankment and out of the range. I think some simple new rules and policy at the range should correct the situation. I could be wrong but that is my theory.

I had not heard about the stray bullets problem before. I always assumed it was safe, but did fear that it wasn't. I'll give Terry Savery a call and ask her what she thinks about investigating this further.

hey post up pics of the xterra w/o windshield, looks like the kid just got his first trail rig!!

I had not heard about the stray bullets problem before. I always assumed it was safe, but did fear that it wasn't. I'll give Terry Savery a call and ask her what she thinks about investigating this further.

Yea after we wheeled that weekend I took my son shooting before we left on Sunday. That is when I observed the pistol range and how far they were from the back drop that is there to help stop this from happening.

URE

thats sucks about the xterra, we were camping at the rocky mount/daniel intersection and i must have been one of the last people to see it before he rolled, they dropped off a blazer at our site before they hit daniel. sucks about the bullet deal too. i took my rear gears out on some rocks friday night, then hit that huge "bump" where they are doing construction near carthage otw back to raleigh area and took my front gears out since i was in 4 high trying to get home. with all this complaining by everyone i have a great story. when my jeep coasted infront of a ghuys house because i had no gears left and no way to continue forward movement the guy who lived there whom ive never met loaded my jeep on his trailer and drove me back to raleigh/cary with no questions asked.1.5 hours each way. there are still some real people out there and i am so lucky i didnt have to leave my vehicle behind and try to retrive it later. thanks burton(if locals know him) thats the kind of person i wish we all were. opening weekend was awesome, now i need some new axles. -tripp

I been to URE 1000x Never ever had any problems with anyone. I never heard of any thing about stray rounds before either. Butu lets not blow this up any more then it is. More we talk about it The more it gets out. URE might become sumthing of past

x2 Online speculation is bad for us all.

i still can't figure out how he rolled. pictures are deceaving but i can't tell what flopped him over.it just looks wide enough to get thru on all fours:confused:

maybe it was a stick, and he stalled and rolled backwards and up onto the embankment. That's the only thing i can think of that makes sense, unless he was a horrible driver, and that thing was built crappy with horrible body roll

The median/embankment in the center has a large stump. He rolled down the hill and into that stump and it threw him way off camber and it flopped. It's a good thing he hit it and did flop where he did. Otherwise he would have gone over the cliff/ledge and on down the mountain.

Back