Uwharrie January 26 Off Season Workday

IMG_0758.JPG
IMG_0760.JPG
IMG_0755.JPG

If you have ever wonderd what URE looks like frozen over then there it is, I was highly impressed that our little stock xj made it every where on colid ice in the trails. It was damn slick, even the dirt roads were frozen over GOOD TIMES

I think a midget was driving it lol

Thanks to everyone that came out. I enjoyed the day and fellowship. Goofy and Canuck, thanks for spotting and directing me in the Bobcat. Snappy, the stew was excellent!

I'm looking forward to doing it again soon.

Carolina Trail Blazers had a very productive day, we started off going into sawmill, cleaned out all silt traps that were full(which is a real challenge when there frozen) and recognized which ones needed hay bails. We collected 2 full bags of trash from sawmill and the section of slabpile that we went through by poser rock. We had no hay bails so we decided to not waste any time and head up too Art Lilley and police call trash there also. We stuffed two more trash bags full around the parking area and the soup bowl parking area. We then made our way over to the double parking lot and had some chow, let me tell ya, that stew hit the spot! THanks Snappy! We then had a little time left and police called the double parking lot area and holly craap it was bad. We picked up 5 bags full around that area.

The comradary was excellent and so was the company, we were joined also by Chris(redneck 92) and I believe his name was morgan. Two great guys and thanks for workin your butts off.

If you did not make it you missed out, how many times you ever got to wheel URE with a solid sheet of ice on the trails!!

Yup! I'm Morgan (the guy with the Power Wagon), thanks for letting us tag along! It was great to meet y'all!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359343581.362544.jpg

Also who needs to be notified about putting up a guardrail at the entrance, that lil mud hole looks like shit and sends a bad image. Would be an easy fix, figured it could be done like the guard rails at Near the soup bowl.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone that came out. I enjoyed the day and fellowship. Goofy and Canuck, thanks for spotting and directing me in the Bobcat. Snappy, the stew was excellent!

I'm looking forward to doing it again soon.

x2! Enjoyed it! Wheeling URE with 20' pieces of guardrail on the roof was a definite challenge. Fun, but a challenge. Again another props for the stew! enjoyed it.

View attachment 60472

Also who needs to be notified about putting up a guardrail at the entrance, that lil mud hole looks like shit and sends a bad image. Would be an easy fix, figured it could be done like the guard rails at Near the soup bowl.

Are you talking about the beginning of Wolfden? If so there are a few things in the works right now with a few different folk's/ companies.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No the entrance to the park at hwy 109. The spot where people have made there own lil mud hole.

We do need to address that issue.

Yea I saw that on the way out. I'll never understand that.

I know what the USFS has been putting in there to detract from people going in there.

Horse manure. That is what they have been filling it with.

Lol good. But I would gladly install guardrail there!

I'm visiting terry this week ill ask.

I only forsee 1 issue that would need to be done before we could do anything out there. Would have to have someone come mark the lines in the ground. But i would be game bringing it up to Terry / Debra or whoever would listen. And also to help do the work.

I think we should push the issue and fix it, I get tired of seeing tore up ruts at the entrance, It is also the first thing every camper, fisherman, hunter and so on sees, kinda sets the tempo.

Im sure we can round up a few bails of straw and some grass seed, I think the wooden post like are at art lilley would be just right for asthetics, they dont even need the top rail, just the 6x6 in the ground about 5 feet apart and about 18 inches from the pavement, I may be way off here but just my opinion

Last edited:
Back