URE Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
buggybuilder said:
IM still cornfused :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

IS IT hardcore or is it NOT hardcore?

It's such a relative term, though... What *is* hardcore?

Deeeeep thoughts..... :D

I saw a buggy there, so it must be hardcore...

I'd even do without the "challenges" of Daniel or RML to be able to have a trail like that locally...

Congrats everyone. i feel much more ignorant after reading this thread. URE is URE. Big fawking deal. and to xjandy..........you actually got an IFS tacoma to the top? wow, those things are like so trash compared to your jeep ;)

XJAndy......Dude you just made a lasting impression here on this board. No URE isn't hardcore, but I know of a lot of carnage that HAS accured, depending on conditions. BW was right, is a good place because it is close to many and it's legal. Add to that, it's a nice place to get out and trail ride. No it isn't Telico, but why rant over a place you can wheel. Think of all the places nation wide that has been closed and ask yourself why they were closed.

hmm......

Attachments

• 00148011.jpg
    00148011.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 441
Metto said:
:flipoff2: all of the above?? what do i win :flipoff2:

You win a flag! :gay: :flipoff2: Sorry, couldn't help it.

It is deffinatly a good place to go test stuff. Like I have said before there are lines that can be hard as shit but for the most part is pretty tame. I did take some carnage to some sheet metal and fiber glass there. I went up Kodak rock or the first part of it as easily as another XJ that had more lift bigger tires and a welded rear. Yeah i hit the stump that sticks out of that bank but shit happens.

As to the tyota comment. You are correct that thing wheels like shit compaired to my jeep. But the guy who drove it gave it hell and is a super cool guy. It did alot better than i thought it would so i give him props.

As to the lasting impression comment. I could care less what people here think about me and how i wheel and what i think about URE. It is the internet don't take it personal. I'm glad yall eastern folks have a decent place to wheel that isn't all mud. I will stay here in my mountains and wheel my chit and if we ever meet up I will just make yall look silly with your bigger rigs by doing the same chit in my little XJ.

XJANdy said:
It is deffinatly a good place to go test stuff. Like I have said before there are lines that can be hard as shit but for the most part is pretty tame. I did take some carnage to some sheet metal and fiber glass there. I went up Kodak rock or the first part of it as easily as another XJ that had more lift bigger tires and a welded rear. Yeah i hit the stump that sticks out of that bank but shit happens.

As to the tyota comment. You are correct that thing wheels like shit compaired to my jeep. But the guy who drove it gave it hell and is a super cool guy. It did alot better than i thought it would so i give him props.

As to the lasting impression comment. I could care less what people here think about me and how i wheel and what i think about URE. It is the internet don't take it personal. I'm glad yall eastern folks have a decent place to wheel that isn't all mud. I will stay here in my mountains and wheel my chit and if we ever meet up I will just make yall look silly with your bigger rigs by doing the same chit in my little XJ.

Super. Thats just super dooper. We(eastern folks?) are all posers. We(eastern folks?) are all mudders. We have never been on the rocks or built anything as wild and crazy as your rock ready XJ.

That is all.
Please end thread now, im going to vomit if it continues.

Thanks and have a great day!
Josh

XJANdy said:

A lot of the "people here" are the ones you will encounter on the trails. It is the internet yes,. but this is a site of local people who build and wheel. Speaking for myself, I have wheeled about all of the trails in NC and TN, some in GA. Can't say I disliked any trail, but did enjoy some more than others. Please by all means follow me on some trails someday and make me look silly. Teach me to wheel. I am sure in my 27 years of wheeling, I have missed some lessons.

XJANdy said:
I will stay here in my mountains and wheel my chit and if we ever meet up I will just make yall look silly with your bigger rigs by doing the same chit in my little XJ.

I'm from Missouri, so lets ride sometime. Don't know what I mean? look at a license plate. :flipoff2:

big rig

Chip, he must have one of those rigs that is perfect for every situation, never getting caught in a wheel base trap, ect. I am taking my "big rig" to Telico this weekend for the Southern event, are you going?

Guess he didn't go this past weekend and see how simple it is after a week long soak

This entire topic makes me never wanna go to Daniel Boone in again :(

He can probibly out-eat me too :rolleyes:

I stepped on some toes with my URE comments here. I was simply posting my impression of the park. If yall read you will see that I did say that it is good to have something like that in that part of the state rather than just a bunch of mud bogs. I did come off sounding like an ass. Sorry for that. I know that my rig isn't that built and i'm sure there are people on here that will and can make me look like a 12 year old behind the wheel. I was simply posting my thoughts on the park and defending them. I don't judge anyone's wheeling skill untill i see it.

Anyways arguing on the internet is kinda silly so i'm gonna leave it at that.

Sorry for all the pissed of folks it was not my intention to make a bunch of people mad.

HardTaco said:
Congrats everyone. i feel much more ignorant after reading this thread. URE is URE. Big fawking deal. and to xjandy..........you actually got an IFS tacoma to the top? wow, those things are like so trash compared to your jeep ;)

fairy.jpg

So from what I have read, Uwharrie is pretty awesome?

But.....only if it has rained?

Fascinating. I have always judged a trail by how difficult it is when its dry, not by certain weather circumstances. Does all precipitation affect the trail ratings in the same way, or do the ratings change when winter arrives? :driver: I bet snow and ice makes it pretty gnarly :eek:

ChadYJ92 said:

Fascinating. I have always judged a trail by how difficult it is when its dry, not by certain weather circumstances. Does all precipitation affect the trail ratings in the same way, or do the ratings change when winter arrives? :driver: I bet snow and ice makes it pretty gnarly :eek:
Trail conditions in the South can vary greatly with weather conditions. If you have not riden in the South, trails can go from fairly difficult to impassable with a 1/2" of rain. We're not talking about the dry conditions of the west or mud of the midwest. Have you traveled from KC to the South for some trail riding?

2 words

RED CLAY

Theres Mud, theres bogs, then theres carolina red clay.....much like traversing thru pure goose poop

XJANdy said:
Sorry for all the pissed of folks it was not my intention to make a bunch of people mad.

Well...you did say you were sorry....shows you're not some immature punk..... Gotta buy you a :beer: for THAT!

But you can understand why you rubbed a few the wrong way though..I mean it's like someone who has a Poisen Spider Bruiser buggy going to a Jeep site and telling them their impression of a stock rubicon compaired to their purpose built custom rig....everyone may KNOW the bruiser kicks the crap out of a stock Rubi, but they don't really wanna hear about it.

It may be the internet....but that doesn't mean comments aren't taken as harshly as if given in person......we're still all REAL people :D

ChadYJ92 said:

RIGHT ON Chad!

xcjumpx said:

From http://www.nc4x4.com/rules.htm

Behave like an adult. Flaming and abusive behavior will not be tolerated from anyone. Different people have different opinions, you may not agree with their opinion, but learn to accept that they exist.

I don't really think it matters whether you find URE tough or not. Many people, including myself, do not. We've had self admitted inexperienced members of this board do the "hard trails". They did them in a stock yukon, a stock XJ, a nearly stock TTB Bronco on their first trips.
The real issue is we're willing to accept people of varying vehicle setup and driving skill. We're more interested in setting up local people to meet and go wheeling. To have a sense of community that lets folks stop on the trail and help the other guy out. This isn't a site for chest thumping, and talking about how bad-assed you are. I think you'll find plenty of other outlets for that sort of activity.

Thanks
Joshua W. Walsh

HardTaco said:
From http://www.nc4x4.com/rules.htm

Behave like an adult. Flaming and abusive behavior will not be tolerated from anyone. Different people have different opinions, you may not agree with their opinion, but learn to accept that they exist.

I don't really think it matters whether you find URE tough or not. Many people, including myself, do not. We've had self admitted inexperienced members of this board do the "hard trails". They did them in a stock yukon, a stock XJ, a nearly stock TTB Bronco on their first trips.
The real issue is we're willing to accept people of varying vehicle setup and driving skill. We're more interested in setting up local people to meet and go wheeling. To have a sense of community that lets folks stop on the trail and help the other guy out. This isn't a site for chest thumping, and talking about how bad-assed you are. I think you'll find plenty of other outlets for that sort of activity.

Thanks
Joshua W. Walsh

To be fair the rule about not flaming people has been broken several times this thread. Only when chris posted the funny pic did anyone say anything. THe gay flags and flaming comments had nothing but reinforcement. Now i understand bias. I did my senior resarch project(college not high school) on itl. I understand that most of yalll whell URE which is cool cause it is a legal place to wheel and that is good and it is an good palce to test stuff and aparently is hard as all shit when it rains. I don't think that someone who has a different opinion than the mods or an admin shoudl be chastized for posting a funny picture when other members of the board did much worse without the pic. If the mods want to pic on people then that is one thing and they can forever be known as fawktards who play favorites and have no back bone. That is their porogative.

Enough said.
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back