trailer build question

towed the trailer this weekend with the rig on it and the new 14K lbs weight distribution hitch that I scored for really awesome deal which has the anti sway bar, everything was amazing at 65mph. As far as swaying..pulling..sway control..cornering at speeds felt absolutely amazing. Couldn't even tell I had the trailer with me on that note. Very pleased with this. My total length is 20ft deck, 49" tongue, tires at 80psi.

Need advise: at 58-62 mph still has a little shake in the rear, NOT vibrations but a shake/shimmy in the rear. Only thing left I can think of is outer axle bearings?? There is very slight play in the rear wheels if I move tire up and down, very slight but would this slight play be enough to cause the shaking at that speed or still possible could be in the trailer wheels. Trailer has all new bearings and seals and grease now but wheels are still at like 97% ish true round lol...
If I can figure out this shake in the rear this Tahoe would be pulling like a dream. Thanks for any advise on this.

Ooooops LMBO..I made it the first time but second time sunk right in lol
IMG_20200411_150953.jpg

It's probably just cyclic motion of the trailer in relation to the tow vehicle. I doubt that anything is wrong and you more than likely won't be able to get rid of it.

It's probably just cyclic motion of the trailer in relation to the tow vehicle. I doubt that anything is wrong and you more than likely won't be able to get rid of it.
So should I not bother doing the outer rear diff bearings and mess with different settings on distribution bars/rig placement??

You can if you want, but don't be surprised if it still does the same thing afterwards. It's a resonance thing...harmonics that are causing a vibration.

You can if you want, but don't be surprised if it still does the same thing afterwards. It's a resonance thing...harmonics that are causing a vibration.
yeah I just try and have as solid and smooth of a tow as possible...wife with anxiety attack disorder doesn't like any kind of shakes when we doing 60+mph with 8k lb behind us...I don't either lol.

yeah I just try and have as solid and smooth of a tow as possible...wife with anxiety attack disorder doesn't like any kind of shakes when we doing 60+mph with 8k lb behind us...I don't either lol.

You're always going to have some type of issues unless you move to a type of axle where the wheels will mount true, and the tire and wheel assembly can be balanced. And you have the ability to use better quality tires.

Arches would fix all of this.

Well yeah that's why the big guys put the proper arch in the trailer deck to tune out harmonic oscillations, but they put shit tons of miles on those trailers and they need to be perfect. Whose got the time to tune and arch a trailer just right for their specific weight and tow rig? Would take hours.

Whose got the time to tune and arch a trailer just right for their specific weight and tow rig?

I did it with mine. That thing towed like a dream.. Maybe I'll build another.

Well trailer weighs this much..
IMG_20200420_125829.jpg

And my rig weighs this much full of gas and tools...add 177 with me. Not bad, I expected to be way more
IMG_20200420_123758.jpg

So now it will get 2x8 floor for sure knowing I'm total weight way under 8k.

Also tells me I had WAY too much tongue weight towing last weekend seeing now the weight distribution of the rig is only 400lb more in front, I only need to be forward of front trailer axle just a few...

Also tells me I had WAY too much tongue weight towing last weekend seeing now the weight distribution of the rig is only 400lb more in front, I only need to be forward of front trailer axle just a few...

800lbs in front. Gotta add both sides up. That’s 20% heavier in front.

I think I see why the trailer shimmer a bit...that left front is full of helium

I think I see why the trailer shimmer a bit...that left front is full of helium
I'm not getting the joke but...the heavy dana24 is more towards driver side, gas tank and steering column/gauges and few extra cage pieces are also more driver side so that's reason for the weight being off..oh yeah pumpkin too obviously

800lbs in front. Gotta add both sides up. That’s 20% heavier in front.
I'm lost..front total is 2400 rear total is 2000 so isn't the weight distribution difference just 400 on trailer loading or am I still missing something

I'm lost..front total is 2400 rear total is 2000 so isn't the weight distribution difference just 400 on trailer loading or am I still missing something
Your rear total is 2075
Your total weight is 4957
4957-2057=?

I'm not getting the joke but...the heavy dana24 is more towards driver side, gas tank and steering column/gauges and few extra cage pieces are also more driver side so that's reason for the weight being off..oh yeah pumpkin too obviously
Your left front trailer tire weighs -3 lbs
Helium floats

So since the tongue weight is 331lb, I need to load Jeep to where it's only adding just few more hundred pounds right? Since Tahoe says 500lb tongue weight..

Back