This Old House, this man's hell. Water Stove issues.

At the end of the day, you're going to need to draw a line as to how much $$ and renovation you want to spend on this house. With that being said, as old as this house sounds like it is, it might be an option to get it on the registry. You can then get grants to help with Reno, but they are specific about how the house is restored.

It is listed in the historic homes of Mocksville. I bet the stubborn in laws would snub their nose at the notion of outside influence.....but this really sounds like a good idea. The home was once a post office, home to a doctor, and a large tobacco farm. The family graveyard has multiple civil war vets and indentured servant graves.

Yeah, the biggest hurdle is how close to original the home is currently, and to get the grants you have to restore to original styling. Doesnt always mean you cant improve, it just needs to look close to original.

1509227556299-1016255059.jpg
Instead of planting grass seed I have been making sweet love to Medussa. Going from backup heat to entirely no heat isn't going to work. It hasn't been real cold........but telling the wife to suck it up lands me somewhere between a bachelor and Hell. At the very least completely broke from radiant heaters going.

I now know how to adjust and clean the gun. Nozzles and electrodes.

Know how the check high voltage transformer for spark. Very cool. Make high freq on a welder look like static electricity.

Know how to clean pump head strainer and bleed of the pump.

Almost completely understand the wiring and stack control.....with a AC unit and "water boiler" mixed in for fun.

And last but not least swapped out a newer motor. Reusing old couplers and squirel cage fan for Supply. Cause this bastard was my problem all along.

It finally dawned on me the start up Stumbly flame Short run Shut down was the motor control kicking out.

Where's that Bobby fella......

All of it was filthy and out of spec. Ended up putting a .25 an hour smaller nozzle. 1/16 smaller motor. Was all old left overs from the father in law. Being a horder and constantly patching old stuff along has some benefits. He also suggest just welding a bottom in the boiler to squeeze out some more time.:(o_O:poop:

Back