The Possibility of a Rock Garden

Would You Like To See A Rock Garden at Uwharrie?

• YES

Votes: 117 98.3%
  • NO

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
UNF needs more difficult obstacles and a rock garden (or two) would definitely qualify but I would like to see them built on existing trails or linking existing trails together. A bunch of rocks piled in the middle of a clearing is boring in my opinion. Then again, beggars can't be choosers I reckon...

I was looking at the forest service handbook .pdf and they showed exactly the set up they are using at Uwharrie. Window mesh (almost like mesh security fence) mixed with gravel in wet/muddy areas.

If it is what I think it is it is called Geogrid. that stuff is pretty cool. they use it to build roads in swamps around the country. it is pretty tuff stuff too. i have worked with this stuff and have a sample in my office. When installed right it will give you a nice base to prevent you from digging to deep of a hole. Hopefully though you do not get soem bright person just digging away and dislodge the grid and cause it to wrap around an axle. it will do some damage.

I am guessing you nailed it on the head:

awww.geosynthetics.com.cn_UploadFiles_2007516232857545.jpg

Hopefully though you do not get soem bright person just digging away and dislodge the grid and cause it to wrap around an axle. it will do some damage.
If this happens........................ in my opinion they would deserve it.

Back