The future of cars

base model maverick it is then....for $24k
If that’s really all they cost I suppose he needs to look into that. But I imagine the F150ism will kick in and he will say it’s too little, even though he hardly carries more than a wheelbarrow’s worth of stuff.

Or one of the Jap mini trucks. But this is his DD year round, so needs something with decent heat and ac, and he hauls my kids often, so I'd like proper crush zones.

Something like this version would be sweet. Modular extra cab that is completely separate for the kids...they could probably sell a million of those :laughing:

1699475640903.png

Years ago I had a Toyota hilux w/ a turbo 4cyl diesel when I was in Iraq. It was a proper badass. I wanted one bad so after deployment I went to town figuring out how to get one. From what I found I could buy one off the assembly line in Japan, have it imported through Canada and ….. nothing. Because it wouldn’t pass epa standards it could not be brought across the border and titled. If I remember it was something like $15k up to the can border with import fees and all. Just couldn’t get it the last stretch so I left it alone unfortunately. Fuck the USA.

Last edited:
Years ago I had a Toyota hilux w/ a turbo 4cyl diesel when I was in Iraq. It was a proper badass. I wanted one bad so after deployment I went to town figuring out how to get one. From what I found I could buy one off the assembly line in Japan, have it imported through Canada and ….. nothing. Because it wouldn’t pass epa standards it could not be brought across the border and titled. If I remember it was something like $15k up to the can border with import fees and all. Just couldn’t get it the last stretch so I left it alone unfortunately. Fuck the USA.
If only there was a way to tag it in canada like the Mexicans tag their cars from sc

Your last sentence should be directed a bit more specifically.

And 25 year old hiluxes can be brought here now.

But yes, the people the masses vote for are the worst

25 yo Hilux is "only" a '98 model. Pretty evolved and still fresh by Toyota standards. Just find one w 100k or less and you're good for years.

If you're still interested I can bring you one from Europe. Already done it.

Left hand drive and diesel.

As mentioned, it has to be 25yo, but you can still find nice still left

I'd love an older small reliable diesel pick up but the one I want does not qualify yet. Those are cool though.

Another 10k, give or take.

So you want something old, but less than 25yo ?
10 years now days is old in a car the way they change them so often now. I always liked the VW Amarok.

Yes…no charge to my card yet though. Guy in one of my truck groups though claims his card has been charged. The ‘sale amount’ to be specific has been charged.
They can also credit the card back as I'm sure you know.

Booooooo!
Yeah, I ordered 4 of the $50 ARB tire plug kits from JustDifferentials a while back because they were $13 on the website. Order processed but never shipped, and then a couple weeks later I got an email that my order was cancelled and the balance was credited back to my card :(

I dunno about the future of cars…but the future of swaps…if this goes through, Jegs will have single handedly made the coyote as prevalent as the LS. Looks like the website has already been corrected.

View attachment 406768

Note…apparently it was widely enough known…the memes have started…haha. The innernet is undefeated.

IMG_6462.jpeg

If only there were some kind of mechanism that locked a car and ignition based on the physical charactaristics of the device. A thing that you could keep on a chain and just slip into, I don't know, a slot of some kind. It wouldn't even need electricity.

If only there were some kind of mechanism that locked a car and ignition based on the physical charactaristics of the device. A thing that you could keep on a chain and just slip into, I don't know, a slot of some kind. It wouldn't even need electricity.
But that’s even easier to bypass and is why the current generation of electronic devices exist.

Back